Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@gloriam I'm sure they will Gloria, from what I've been reading they do pass with time although some take a little longer than others. It's coming up to 11 weeks for me on Monday and I have been having glimpses of recovery, today I felt normal. The shops will be there waiting for you but I tell you what Gloria, after being home for over a year in lockdown and not spending on clothes and other things, today when I was actually handing cash over I realised how much I had been spending every week prior to lockdown, unthinkingly, and it was a bit of a shock. I didn't like parting with it today, I think the last year has made me more cautious about spending in the future.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @tabby

Oh, I got another star??

Yes, and if we behave maybe we'll get to keep them? ☺️ Yeah, kids have a good outlook. More right here, right now dealing with things. I like the outlook you've talked about where you choose to go with it, whatever IT is at this time. Kind of a childlike response - in a good way, instead of going into a long childish pout or becoming frozen in fear.

I think something like that is possibly at the foundation of what our brain and other balance functions do when we have vestibular issues and maybe tinnitus also? I think our body looks to adapt ...maybe choosing to tune out the signals that do us no good and working at developing compensatory abilities instead? Just my musings... trying to make sense of new pathways in many ways...

Gloria M and Gloria M reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@thenystagmus On my goodness Sassafras, you deserve a medal raising four children, I'm not surprised you carried a calendar around with you lol. You must have been run off your feet. These days, with my brain fog,  I have to write myself a note if I need to do something the next day of I'll forget. Oh, where have all those wonderful years gone I wonder!

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@thenystagmus Lol. I don't remember getting any good stars as a child in school, mine were usually red or green. I think I might have been a late developer. I do have a degree though, that fooled them! I have been trying to make sense of all of this too but I am resigned to the fact that I will find no answers so I may as well go along with it and try to ignore my symptoms as much as possible. This site is helping loads though.🙏

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

I just realised these are green too, there you go!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@tabby  Oh now, stars are ok, but no medals pul-eaze! I would lose one of those! The days with my children were challenging, but joy-filled! Huh, you're just now writing yourself notes? I've made lists in my head and on paper ever since I was in kindergarten and found myself at school having forgotten an important item of clothing that I'd been taught not to wear overnight!      But, yes, I'm having more issues with anything requiring organizational activities of my brain in my post-vaccine days. I am glad that on the days I'm having more improvement of my other symptoms, my brain works better, too. So, I'm hopeful of getting all that back more and more as I continue recovering.

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

@thenystagmus You will recover Sassafras, 🙏 for you.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @tabby

@thenystagmus You will recover Sassafras, 🙏 for you.

I dunno... I'll try to participate in that happening, but I'll take what I get.

Working with kindergartners, some of whom were dealing with not getting their druthers much more than before starting school - we had a saying they learned... "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit." I want to strive for as much recovery as possible, but I know acceptance is an important facet of grieving also. A balancing act for us unbalanced ones, huh?

Prayers for you also, & as Dickens' Tiny Tim said, God bless us, every one!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @keith

@nasu Thanks!

To be fair, (and I should immediately admit that I have only skimmed the CDC report linked in a post above) I understood CDC as saying that dizziness can be an anxiety-linked response, not that all dizziness/vertigo reactions to the vaccine are anxiety-related. I assumed they were referring to those who reacted adversely within minutes.

But I do agree that they seem to be ignoring somewhat this delayed reaction from a small* percentage of those being vaccinated. Maybe (probably??) as another poster has suggested above, they are highlighting the serious and sometimes life-threatening reactions to the vaccine and not others, as they are afraid that if they highlight the less serious and largely temporary reactions, they will be further encouraging vaccine hesitancy, and thus risk prolonging the deadly global grip of this nasty virus.

--------------------------------------

* perhaps very small — remember, hundreds of millions (probably an underestimate) have been vaccinated worldwide, and those of us who have this adverse reaction will actively search for information on the internet, and inevitably find the same one or two webpages.

I do feel betrayed by all the assurances we're being given that the Covid vaccines are safe to receive. I don't remember if I was given something to sign that outlined my risks, but if I did I didn't receive a copy of it. I know when you go for surgery you are and it lists all possible outcomes, including death. I did receive a flyer that assured me of the common side effects that I could start to experience in the next couple of days that should go away within a few days. And instructions to seek medical care if anything beyond that became a concern. But it seems the only reason some of our medical caregivers are making a connection between our issues and our vaccination is because they've had an influx of patients prior to us that have presented with issues also. If you're one of the unlucky ones that show up before others start accumulating caseloads for the doctor, then as many here have found, correlation with vaccination just isn't going to happen. So, it doesn't make a lot of sense to be instructed to seek medical care when admission of relationship isn't even being made, let alone development of standards of care. Much too little, definitely too late.

LadyD, LadyD, vibirdlady and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@asimps

Amber, I can’t imagine what you must be going through. Please hang in there as I know there must be relief out there for you. Lots of healing headed your way. 
❤️🙏❤️

Amber and Amber reacted
ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

@michaelk,

I'm glad you are feeling better!  About how long before you stopped having dizziness/vertigo?

Thank you,

T

ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@tabby

Absolutely agree Tabby. I am now a much more mindful shopper. Thank you COVID!!!

ReplyQuote
(@asimps)

@gloriam You are so kind. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
 Dus
(@dusl)

Anyone else has experienced hand numbness?

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@keith)

@thenystagmus Sorry, Sassafras, if my post came across as a bit brutal ☹️. Not my intention.

I think that the whole medical establishment worldwide found themselves between a rock and a hard place. Faced with this massive worldwide pandemic and the millions of deaths and counting, they felt they had no other option than to seek emergency authorisation for the vaccines. Those vaccines are proving massively successful, and providing vaccine hesitancy can be minimised they could effectively at best almost wipe out this virus and at worst make it far less deadly.

Reading some posts here, it would appear that for (hopefully) tiny cohorts of people, they are having undesired consequences — as for example with you and others on this forum. It was of course impossible to foresee every undesired effect. To have publicly speculated on all the possible and hypothetical side-effects would have very, very probably resulted in massively higher vaccine hesitancy and therefore the world not conquering this virus. They therefore, it would seem, chose to concentrate on the potentially life-threatening side-effects. I hope and would like to believe that the side-effects such as the one being reported on this forum will, as the medical world is claiming, prove to be temporary.

That being said, I understand completely where you're coming from, and that that bigger picture does not exactly help your individual situation.

LadyD, LadyD, Coleen and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 158 / 1151