17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @carol

@rich

going for my second acupuncture! I hear it helps. Had my fist shot March 5 March 26 second, still off balance brain fog, some words are hard to get out. Dizziness had gone away, but today dizzy!!!

this is crazy, when will it stop. 
mri on brain, ct cat scan on head , prednisone for 6 days!!!

Carol--let me know how the prednisone works.  I am currently on a prednisone taper for the Meniere's.  So far, I haven't seen any difference. 

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Hi @nataliemccrory, You ask good questions! And, I wouldn't be surprised if in your case it very well could be that coincidental to your vaccination, you were begining to head into a prolonged vestibular issue. Especially since, didn't you have an initial episode a couple of weeks prior to your first vaccine? I had one prior episode that was 6+ months prior and it resolved overnight after I made a clumsy attempt at doing the Epley maneuver. The other thing that makes me think that your issue might be separated from causation by your Covid vaccine is the character of your course. Only time will tell where you go from here, but reading back through your posts I hear you puzzling over a continually worsening of symptoms and wondering why you were going in that direction when many others were reporting an up and down course, but overall improvement.

It is hard to know which of us could fall into the category of - it was about to happen regardless of our vaccination - or not. It's possible that some of us were predisposed to have this happen sometime, then becoming vaccinated pushed us over our body's resistance to that and tipped us into it now. If there were to be some compilation of the rate of incidence we're experiencing and a comparison done to the usual rate, that would help address the question. I'd really be interested to see an honest study done to determine this.

I'm more than willing to consider your idea. I don't know how that makes me feel about the degree of hopefulness I'd have if it were true that I was going to have this anyway. I really haven't paid any attention to the rates of expected recovery for the usual courses of the different kinds of vestibular issues. I've just given credence to the idea that if indeed my problems stemmed from my vaccination, then maybe there's good reason to hope for it to be something I'd eventually recover from.There are a lot of What ifs? - and I want to keep an open mind to the answers.

I will be very interested in what you hear at your ENT appointment tomorrow -  about what input you get for yourself, and what you hear about the rate of incidences being seen compared to usually seen, and what is thought about correlations to vaccination, or no. Thanks so much for posing your questions. I think they're legitimately thought-provoking... 🧐

Tabby, NannyMac, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@emmak)

@thenystagmus do you by chance have links for the articles from Israel? I would love to read them 

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @emmak

@thenystagmus do you by chance have links for the articles from Israel? I would love to read them 

Hi emmak, Sure, I'd be happy to try to locate them. I'm pretty sure they were medical journal type publications. After I take a break for sleep, I will go through my many bookmarks and see if I saved any of them, and if not, I'll try to find them again.

ReplyQuote
(@spraif)

Hi again, I first posted on page 139 about my experience after having my first Pfizer shot. Claritin D (now 24 hour) greatly helped with my brain fog and helped most of my other symptoms even if they didn't completely disappear. Since posting, my dizziness has been slowly lessening but is still present. I do question whether part of that is due to learning how to adjust to it. I have only left the house three times, always with someone driving me.

While trying to describe how I feel to my family, I told them that others have described a feeling like walking on clouds which I feel articulates it well. As I tried to come up with a more complete way to convey it, I realized that it somewhat reminds me of how I felt when I had meningitis as a teenager. And as that is inflammation in your head, it kind of makes sense to me. I remember it taking at least six months to feel myself. I'm going to assume that there aren't a lot of fellow meningitis recoverers to share notes with but as I, like all of you, search for answers this is just one more thing for me to add to my thoughts.

I do personally know two other people who have had the vertigo leading to prolonged dizziness/headaches after their vaccines. Both are women around my age. Neither have seen a doctor. Unfortunately, I think that my symptoms are going to go away when my body has dealt with whatever is happening to it. Because the antihistamine/decongestant has been the only thing that has helped, I feel that it's likely that my issues mostly have to do with allergy/inflammation. 

I have two children and remember taking them to their vaccination appts and signing all the accompanying documents which included acknowledging the rare reactions that a few might have. I believe that is all of us. Hopefully, in the future more data will be researched that will give us an indication as to why we have reacted the way we have but that will take time. I tend to read about medical studies coming out of other countries in regard to post vaccine issues because I don't feel our country is too concerned about them at this point. Until then, I'm appreciating the "better" days and not fighting against the not so good ones as much. I'm grateful that those seem to be fewer as time goes on. Today, day 32, has been my best day. I cooked breakfast for my family for the first time and spent half the day doing business (I'm a homeschooling parent and administrator for our small business). I'm trusting that eventually I'll feel like myself again and that even though it doesn't seem like it could be worse, it could be. There really is no other choice. I remain greatly appreciative to all of you for sharing your experiences and continuing to share them as we all journey through this trying time.

Kitty72, Sassafras, Tabby and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@derekvaccine)

I been following this forum for weeks I decided to do my duty and give my share of events for those who went through pretty much every page like I have. 

I received moderna 1 month ago exactly tomorrow. 

I felt fine after it until the next day where extreme dizzyness set in. Followed by brain fog, ligher dizziness, once every few days ear popping, and head twitching. The dizziness came and goes and today about 1 month out it feels like it has gone down I feel 95% 6/7 days. And drops to 80% on a bad day. Sadly yesterday was one of those bad 80 percent days when I had a short dizzy flare up. 

From what ive experemented with

FISH OIL DOES HELP its a natural anti inflam and helped with brain fog a lot. 

I THINK ibprofin helps again anti inflam though I have been having stomach problems since last year on a unrelated matter so I couldnt do high doses 

Anti allergy anti hismine may or may not helped and be helping but I recommended throwing it in wont hurt. 

And I recommend vitamin c as people suggested, it may be helping it helps with immune problems. I do throw in some vitamin d because I heard it does good with immunity when it comes to covid and this partiucal inflam problem. 

Summary: Try these most are natural so you can take all these dialy for a month and still be fine (minus the ibprofin I would do once a day for a week or something)

And my symptoms have improved. I dont recommend going to the dr for this unless you think its something else as people said they wont see anything, drs are bad at figuring out problems like this unless its a giant tumor or something they can see on a scan. But im not a medical professional do what your logic says. But I think you can help recover with this regement if you start it early the long inflamation or whatever the problem is goes on I think the worst chance you have to fix it. The the best thing to fight this is time. Good luck

Kitty72 and Kitty72 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@iris2005)

@libbysimon I was curious if you’ve found relief from your acupuncture treatments?  I am going in for vestibular therapy in 2 days and am currently almost 40 days post vaccine.  I’d like to make sure I do as much as possible as soon as possible to fix my vestibular issues I have lingering (my ears sometimes pop and feel full still and I constantly feel like I’m trapped on a rocking boat, even when sitting still).

Kitty72, Tabby, Kitty72 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@arthur)

@nataliemccrory

You have to understand that all of us are part of a very large experiment. Most do OK but many don’t.  How many? We don’t know now, since public health really doesn’t;t want to talk about adverse effects since it might deter others from taking the vaccines. So for the moment we are the orphans in the medical system, giving voice to our symptomswith no one to hear or help.

frustrating? Yes. Scary? Often. Frustrating? Yes.  

Kitty72, Tabby, dragonlover and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@arthur)

The only time really adverse effects get reported is when a death occurs as with the AZ vaccine and blood clots. Otherwise public health collects adverse effects but han’t reported on them yet. Someday my guess (ot my hope) is that the kinds of effects noted in this forum will receive public notice.

Tabby, dragonlover, NannyMac and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

This is a "sister site" to ours. This link has been shared here before, but there are added comments as time goes on. You will probably recognize some of the posters in the comments section after the article from their posts here, but I believe there are many others there also. Although the VEDA site and link is mentioned there, I don't think all of them are posting here. We're not the only ones!

https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/dizziness-among-common-covid-19-vaccine-side-effects/

Tabby, dragonlover, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

This is another link that's been shared here before, but is continually updated with new posts. (Be patient, it takes a minute to load.) It's for medical professionals to comment about their level of concern about Covid vaccination. Many adverse reactions are being shared and discussed there. We are not the only ones!

https://www.medscape.com/sites/public/covid-19/vaccine-insights/how-concerned-are-you-about-vaccine-related-adverse-events

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

In many venues for current communications, there are overseers that are constantly removing reports of adverse Covid vaccine reactions that they believe to be deliberate lies. They may be motivated by the belief that these reports are designed to spread disinformation and are being made by people that wish to increase resistance to vaccination. I believe that many of these people sincerely believe they're doing humankind a favor in doing this. But I know this truly is happening.

In light of this, it's amazing that we are freely sharing here and that others are also sharing on the other 2 sites that I just posted updated links to. By posting here, you have the privilege of your voice being heard here, for whoever comes looking for answers to their questions regarding relationship of dizziness to Covid vaccination. I'm thankful for that, and I'm thankful for each of us here!

NannyMac, Tabby, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nannymac)

@thenystagmus thank you for your reply. You’re right about me being on the fence about cause and effect based on the fact that I had an bout of vertigo just before my first vaccination. Each person’s journey through health challenges is unique.

I’ll be sure to let you know what kind of feedback I get from the ENT. I’ve written up a timeline of everything that’s happened healthwise this year and will be taking it to my appointment. My brain fog is bad enough some days that I don’t trust myself to remember all the details at my appointment. Fingers crossed!

Tabby, Sassafras, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@nataliemccrory I'm not sure we'll ever fully know what played into this business!

Wow, I did the same thing, for the very same reason. Way too much has gone on for a simple verbal recitation! Worked up a concise account of my recent history, starting with suspicion I may have had Covid a year ago. Kept a copy of it in my hands to refer to during my appointment. Gave it to my new ENT; updated it, then went to appointment with my new PCP and gave it to her. They read it intently; seemed to appreciate it greatly. Kept it for my chart. Prayers for your journey!

Tabby, NannyMac, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nannymac)

@arthur everything about this pandemic has been a learning experience in so many ways. I want to believe that the vaccines are “safe and effective” as advertised, but our personal experiences cast a long shadow of doubt as to whether that’s true or not. 

Cause and effect is tricky to prove, though. All we can really do is report what we know for sure about our experiences, then hope and pray that someone is willing to connect the dots if the evidence is there. 

Tabby, dragonlover, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 173 / 1151