Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@jen789)

@rraymo1123

I am on Ajovy. We do not use most drugs used to treat vertigo or dizziness as they have always just made things worse. 

The Ajovy has helped calm things down, but now with blood results being abnormal, we are just in a wait and see what happens phase. I am on steroids the next week to try to calm things down. Maybe they in turn will turn around the blood results too. 

Rraymo11 and Rraymo11 reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC
(@cbell)

This weekend is 6 weeks for me with the dizziness.  I am still doing vestibular therapy, some antihistamine supplements and such.  I honestly don't know if it is getting any better.  Maybe?  I do have good days where it is less bothersome and I can do most things I need to do. But if I do too much, or move too fast, I feel sick and dizzy.  My symptoms get noticeably worse in the evenings and night or with incoming storms (dropping barometric pressure).  The barometric pressure I understand the mechanism, but I don't understand why the dizziness is worse at night after the sun goes down.  I call it "The Witching Hour".   I enjoy the posts of others so keep us all updated on things you do to get better!!! 

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @babs

Update: Today is May 15, 2021. Dizziness is still very problematic and prominent. Have not been able to return to work since March. Has anyone else had their dizziness last so long?

Bea,

Our longest time that I have recorded is 13 weeks.  There is a chance I could have missed someone.  Also there are people experiencing symptoms longer than 13 weeks, but I have not recorded it because they are still recovering.

ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @siunkim95

@teresawarren40

Hey, good to hear the improvement! I know you have been keeping track of people with vertigo and vestibular-related symptoms, but have you heard from people experiencing brain fog? I am experiencing brain fog-like symptoms -- like I am high or drunk -- which I have posted about but got lost in the thread and was wondering how people have done / how quickly they recovered. It's been a week since my symptoms appeared and 9 days since my 1st Pfizer shot (weird that I got such adverse side effects from the 1st shot). You seemed to have actively monitored this forum so wanted to ask. Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you~ I have not kept track of symptoms other than vertigo and dizziness.  I'm sorry it is continuing to bother you.  I am also on a tinnitus and hearing loss page on FB after the vaccine and others have reported brain fog also.  I hope you start feeling better very soon!

twa

ReplyQuote
(@gottacoxemall)

@babs

I've been experiencing my bouts of dizziness since Feb 16th!  Still happening!  

Meeting with a neurotologist this week that my neurologist referred me too.  Have been in vestibular therapy since Feb as well. The chiropractor has been the most helpful so far to be honest. 

Bea, Sassafras, Bea and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@squishle)

I had the astrazeneca jab on 10th April and have been dizzy since... although I have eustachian tube issues so put it down to that. I sometimes have spells of dizziness, but this is different.

I also have ear pressure and pain, and today I was particularly dizzy. Like two bottles of wine dizzy. Oh, and my toes have been really painful since the jab too. Weird. 

I've found the steroid nose spray I already use, ibuprofen and chewing gum with xylitol in helps a little.

I have panic disorder and it's been really hard getting through this as it's increased my anxiety levels. I didn't even connect the dizziness with anxiety until a few days ago, just thought I was going through a bad patch, so it's sorta nice to see others talking about similar symptoms.

Hope everyone gets some relief soon x

Gloria M, Tabby, Amber and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Bea
(@babs)

@thenystagmus

Thank you soooooo much for your reply. This forum is the only place I feel my dizziness is taken seriously. MDs are hesitant to blame the vaccines which I can understand. Don't want the side effects to become too public as this virus needs to be controlled. Public hesitancy to take an unproven drug is already a problem. But I know my body very well and know in my gut that the vaccine has caused my problems. Hopefully as the vaccines efficacy begins to wane, so will my symptoms. 🙏

Augie, Gloria M, Tabby and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

@jondick Did you try Flonase (or its generic)? I find it helps. I'm also on azelastine (nasal antihistamine spray) and a thiazide diuretic (for 9 more days). I don't know which drug it is but something is helping. 

Jon D and Jon D reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Hi @babs - Yes, my gut tells me the same. It's such a strange place to find ourselves in! Kind of like we're an embarrassment to society - and to some in the medical profession, also. An ongoing mistake that can't be afforded to be admitted. Seems like it's the order of the day for those of us claiming vaccine injury to be largely disregarded, disbelieved, suppressed, wishing us hidden away ...but all the while we're in need of acknowledgement, regard, and open help! I really believe that it's got to get better for us eventually, in many ways! And, in the meantime, I experience our support for one another here as a much-needed vantage point of sanity in this nutty, unwelcomed kaleidescope we're journeying through.

Bea, Augie, Tabby and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

At this time, there exists no adequate recourse for compensation for Covid vaccine injuries in the United States. This is a link to an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine about 2 months ago, advocating for Congress to act to provide pandemic emergency vaccine injury compensation coverage for the Covid vaccines that are being offered under the current Emergency distribution:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2034438

Augie, Gloria M, Augie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Another article discussing potential Covid vaccine injury compensation:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.insurancejournal.com/news/national/2021/05/04/612516.htm

ReplyQuote
(@ko-01)

@b333 Hello. May I ask, did the dizziness that you were experiencing ever subside? If so, how long did it take to go away? I had my first Pfizer shot about a week and 1/2 ago, and I have been experiencing moderate to severe dizziness and vertigo. I am wondering how long this may last. Also, and wondering if it will be more severe with the second dose.

Also, I found this thread on google; no underlying conditions exist though. I wish there were more threads available where people could talk about their side effects openly with each other. I feel sort of alone with the side effects that I am experiencing. Especially, since most of my family members do not want to be vaccinated.

Thank you.

Augie and Augie reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @thaliadrori

I was an active and healthy 59-year-old woman until I had my first (and only) Moderna shot 7 weeks ago. I do suffer from vestibular migraine, and I think the vaccine triggered a never-ending migraine from hell. I had my migraine under control until the vaccine.

A few hours of receiving the vaccine, I experienced a mild allergic reaction -- full-body rash. Then I became lightheaded and felt like my legs weren't my own. Very weird. Then my ears closed up -- airplane ears -- and had tremendous pressure building up. When I wasn't sitting, I experienced vertigo. This all happened within 5 hours.

During these past 7 weeks I've been to an ENT, neurologist, acupuncturist, physical therapist. I am so very lucky to have insurance through work that covers all of this. I've been stretching and walking because more vigorous exercise makes me dizzy I went on the migraine diet. I've been meditating, singing, everything I can to normalize my nervous system and balance. My dizziness has lessened. I still have some dizzy days but not as much, but the ear pressure is constant and it is driving me mad. I also feel generally unwell and off balance.

I am scheduled for an MRI of my brain and a CT scan of my ears next week.

Besides the physical part and fears about what the future holds, I am not one of the Kardashians, and I do have to work, pay bills, etc. I am a teacher, and this is making it very difficult to work. Not looking for sympathy here at all, I know we are all going through it. I am sharing in the anger that many people feel here. After putting pressure on everyone to get vaccinated, and espousing the safety of it, there is no system in place for working poor who do experience long-term symptoms. Who will pay our medical bills? Who will support us during the days we cannot work?

Please, everyone, report your symptoms to VAERS if you haven't already done so, and let's keep being loud and clear about this. My ENT said he is seeing more and more similar cases like ours.

I will share the results of my tests and any updates.

Thank you so much.

Thank you ...it is sad, frustrating, and scary that there is no safety net for those of us with long-term post Covid vaccination symptoms. We have chosen to do this, and unfortunately, it is entirely at our own risk at this time. If we're lucky we have insurance that will cover the majority of our associated medical costs. But there are more costs, in the financial realms of our lives, and in every other area also.

I'm glad you're improving and hope that you, along with all of us, continue to get better. Thank you for sharing and please do update as you have desire to do so. As little as we care for it to be so, we're in this thing - together...

Bea, Augie, kris and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hippo33)

@thenystagmus

This is scary!! My dr never mentioned my symptoms could be a blood clot. I wonder if it is since I’ve been having them for almost 4 months. Now I feel I’m an just full of clots! I researched more and there are cases of blood clots with all the vaccines, including moderna  which I had. Why would they say there are no cases of clots with this but if you dig around there clearly are. We are being lied to and it’s really starting to piss me off!! If they would acknowledge these symptoms drs would know what to test for instead of just prescribing antidepressants and sending us home. I guess it’s back to my dr to ask for tests, again. Thanks for this article, scary but if this is some of our problems then we need to be checked. 

Gloria M, dragonlover, Gloria M and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@smileyoer)

Posted by: @thenystagmus

This is a link to a new article about post Covid vaccine blood clot symptoms and treatment:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/vaccine-related-clotting-problem-treated-with-bivalirudin-5184472

Hey,

It seems that freaked out some here in the forum including me 😃

In my opinion in many cases or doctors have done blood tests, in which some indicators show the chance for blood clots. Like D-dimer etc.

And many here had CT, and MRI scan done, which also rule out the existence of blood clots, thats why the doctors have done it. 

With blood clots I don't think so that we can live with for months but only days or 1-2 weeks. 

So I have also fear but if you have some blood test and nothing showed up then there is no evidence for panic! 

Drink a lot, lot water, it decrease the flood resistance of blood! 

Try to take vitamins, chill as much as you can! It won't harm anyone.

I pray for everyone! ✌️

Tabby, Sassafras, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 182 / 1151