Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@asimps)

@babs I've had symptoms since February 26th.

ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

I just had my third day of waking up and getting up out of bed slowly without vertigo!  This is day 26 for me from onset of vertigo/dizziness.

Augie, Tabby, Sassafras and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LPV
(@lpycb42)

@jondick Have you tried anti-inflammatories? But like a prescription dose? Like 800 mg of Ibuprofen for a few days?

Anyway, it seems that it simply is an inflammatory response and a reaction to the spike protein.  It may take some people's bodies a longer amount of time to essentially get rid of it entirely and though out that time we will experience all sorts of symptoms in all different areas.

Someone mentioned inflamed liver and severe deficiencies in vitamins, which makes sense as liver inflammation can also cause vertigo/dizziness/fainting/nausea, etc.  So, for those who have had the most severe and lasting cases of dizziness and vertigo, their bodies probably triggered a full inflammatory response rather than a localized one.  So if you combine liver inflammation with inner ear inflammation, maybe that could cause lasting or more severe cases of dizziness and vertigo and the only solution aside from taking meds to manage it, is to simply ride it out until the body gets rid of the spike protein.  Obviously we know that meds can contribute to dizziness, nausea, anxiety and other symptoms as well. I feel like, since I stopped Ibuprofen, I have had less frequent spikes in heart palpitations and chills. 

My father told me this morning that Pfizer has updated their vaccine timeframe and that one is able to wait up to 3 months before the second dose.  So, those who reacted after their second one, probably hadn't finished processing the first shot and the second shot simply overloaded them, causing more severe reactions and more long lasting as well... who knows. This is obviously speculation as I am no scientist or expert in this. 

Augie, Jon D, Tabby and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LPV
(@lpycb42)

@teresawarren40 I'm so happy for you!!! It'll continue to get better, I'm sure.  

twa and twa reacted
ReplyQuote
 LPV
(@lpycb42)

@lcm88 It's only been a few days, give it time.  You'll get better.  For now, try to manage your symptoms by drinking a lot of water, taking vitamin C, taking natural anti-inflammatories, maybe try 800 MG of Ibuprofen if you're not allergic, and be patient.  It sucks, you will be off for a few weeks, but you gotta be patient.  I don't think you will have truly permanent damage.

ReplyQuote
(@gloriam)
Very Active Member

@thenystagmus

Thank you for posting this link, Sassafras. Very depressing but WAY too real. The vaccines have been rushed due to our government’s agenda to make it worthwhile for the pharmaceutical companies to be protected from liability. Corporate America rules and it doesn’t make any difference if some of us die or have a lifetime of impairments. This is the first vaccine I have willing had since I was a kid. The reaction is the penalty we willingly took for getting the jab and living in America, land of the rich (not us) where billion dollar corporations get richer and richer. Remember the next time you go to the polls which politicians and parties have voted to give them a free ride by not raising the taxes or for that matter letting them pay none (GE and Amazon to name two) on any individual or company making over $400,000 a year. Sorry for the rant (sort of) but those are the facts. We have to stop turning a blind eye. We the people all matter. 

Tabby, dragonlover, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 TDR
(@thaliadrori)

@thenystagmus

Thank you, Sassafras!! Yes, we are all in this together. I'm so thankful there's a place where we can share information so that we can heal. Be well!

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Hi @hippo33 - The article about rare blood clots mentions some of the symptoms that we talk a lot about here, then also some additional symptoms that I wondered if I'd heard some mention. It's such a puzzle and I think hard even for our docs to figure what fits sometimes. Earlier on with all this I had symptoms that had a number of features of facial herpes/shingles that I was concerned could damage my affected eye, my optometrist told me to get into my doctor and I couldn't get an appointment with the weekend coming on. I saw a great ER doc and I was relieved that it apparently wasn't shingles. As I was leaving, he gently cautioned me to watch out for "Dr Google". But if you see symptoms that match up with possible blood clots, it's good that you run them by your doc. I hope that won't be your problem, but one of our forum members had blood clot issue, but possibly the more traditional variety.

As to why such little information is being given about possible side effects, we see plenty of evidence that they're focused on saving lives, but this collateral damage a few are being hit with seems to be a relatively acceptable outcome in the interest of getting as many as will to seek vaccination. But, yeah, not acceptable results for those of us so affected! I'm dealing with feelings of outrage, also. 🤨🙏

Tabby, dragonlover, Amber and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asimps)

Does anyone else have terrible nausea? I have it all the time. I've dropped nearly 30 lbs, and i feel like I'm just wasting away. Zofran, ginger, etc. hasn't helped. Any ideas out there? I feel like I could deal with the constant vertigo/dizziness better if I didn't feel SO ill all the time. 

dragonlover, Sassafras, dragonlover and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @smileyoer
Posted by: @thenystagmus

This is a link to a new article about post Covid vaccine blood clot symptoms and treatment:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/vaccine-related-clotting-problem-treated-with-bivalirudin-5184472

Hey,

It seems that freaked out some here in the forum including me 😃

In my opinion in many cases or doctors have done blood tests, in which some indicators show the chance for blood clots. Like D-dimer etc.

And many here had CT, and MRI scan done, which also rule out the existence of blood clots, thats why the doctors have done it. 

With blood clots I don't think so that we can live with for months but only days or 1-2 weeks. 

So I have also fear but if you have some blood test and nothing showed up then there is no evidence for panic! 

Drink a lot, lot water, it decrease the flood resistance of blood! 

Try to take vitamins, chill as much as you can! It won't harm anyone.

I pray for everyone! ✌️

This is the kind of thing that a good primary care physician can look out for. And a reason we should bring all our symptoms to them, whether or not we think they could be related to our most troublesome issues. It seems there's an emphasis on fewer doctor visits to keep costs down these days, but I think most doctors are fine with calls concerning new or increasing symptoms or questions, and will ask you to come in for a follow-up visit if they feel it's needed. I'd rather call than discount something that warrants attention. I've not been asked to do any of the tests you've mentioned, so I trust I've not shown reason to need them. Thank you for your calming words! 🙏

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lcm88)

@lpycb42 thanks so much. I’m going to follow those instructions. However, Now I’m seeing a bunch of people talking about the blood clots. I have no been to the ER over this, am wondering if I should. This is all so worrying that it just makes everything feel worse. 

ReplyQuote
(@yoki)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus

At this time, there exists no adequate recourse for compensation for Covid vaccine injuries in the United States. This is a link to an article published in the New England Journal of Medicine about 2 months ago, advocating for Congress to act to provide pandemic emergency vaccine injury compensation coverage for the Covid vaccines that are being offered under the current Emergency distribution:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2034438

Actually, if you go to the Health Resources and Services Administration, there's an obscure program called the Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program. It's different from the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. The CICP lists the COVID 19 vaccine the NVICP does not. Apparently, it's notoriously difficult to get compensated through the CICP but for those who have spent quite a bit of money out of pocket, it might be worthwhile trying.

https://www.hrsa.gov/cicp

Amber, Sassafras, Amber and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @lcm88

@lpycb42 thanks so much. I’m going to follow those instructions. However, Now I’m seeing a bunch of people talking about the blood clots. I have no been to the ER over this, am wondering if I should. This is all so worrying that it just makes everything feel worse. 

The onset of this crazy dizziness can be really alarming and it is hard to take it in stride. I don't believe most of us should have concerns about blood clots being involved for us.

Within the article concerning blood clots is a short list at the beginning of the article that will resonate with a lot of us. If you read it, please don't stop there!

If you read the rest of the article, you'll find a list with additional symptoms. If you don't have those additional symptoms, you probably have no reason for concern about having blood clots. The reason the article information is so important is that this kind of rare blood clot is made worse if it is treated with the same meds as more common blood clots. Good information to know, but needed only for an extremely few, possibly for someone we might know ...but, I hope not for us!! 

ReplyQuote
(@lcm88)

@thenystagmus yes I totally agree. It is good info to have. It’s just scary to not know EXACTLY what’s going on, which I’m sure everyone in here feels. I spoke with my psych this morning (he works in the hospital) he told me they’re seeing more people with lingering effects, up to a couple of weeks. He told me to not worry because I always go to worst case scenario, but it’s hard not to. It does feel a lot better knowing that we aren’t the only ones going through this. I’m only 5 days out from my second dose and I can’t imagine this lasting for weeks but if it does there isn’t much I can do to change that. The support here definitely helps, it’s just hard to keep the “what if” or “what will happen” thoughts at bay. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by LCM88

Amber, Sassafras, Amber and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 DA
(@darroyo11)

Just found this forum. Most people talk about the dizziness so wanted to ask about other symptoms. I got the J & J vaccine April 5th and didn't start feeling dizzy until 9 days after. Then 2 days after that I woke up in the middle of the night with a rapid, pounding heart rate that went on until I went to the ER the next morning. They took blood test and chest xrays and said all was in normal condition. Went home and still have symptoms every day. It's been almost 5 weeks since they started. I have the dizziness, heavy head feeling. Not constantly but off and on as with all the other symptoms. which include rapid heart beat. Can't exercise right now or much of anything physical without it going fast. Heart palps and sometimes feel like I am going to have a heart attack or pass out if I do to much. Numbness in hands and feet, muscle spasms in legs and stomach! Anyone else have any of these other symptom? Going to the doctor this friday to see what they can do. Very tired of this and hope it stops at some point. Symptoms go on in the day and especially at night. I don't think I am the only one with all of these symptoms. 

ReplyQuote
Page 183 / 1151