2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jasonedwarda

Has anyone on here with Tinnitus used a Sound Pillow before ?

Its a normal pillow but with a speaker built into it and the way its designed is supposed to turn the pillow into a sort of speaker, hoping it will help mask the Tinnitus at night time.

Ive just brought one from Amazon, like the idea of being able to lay on my effected ear/side and have a comfy cushion essentially acting like a speaker.

Once I get it next week ill update on here as to wether or not it helps me. Id say I have moderate Tinnitus ?? When im outside or watching TV or netflix I barely notice its there, but once Im in a quiet room it is almost impossible to ignore...not sure how that compares to others experience of it.

Hope everyone is managing to get some pleasant moments this weekend x

I'm staying away from headphones and pillows with speakers.  Much hearing loss is noise induced.  On another forum I belong to many of the members acquired noise induced hearing loss/tinnitus through headphone use.  My thought is if other people acquired tinnitus through any kind of speaker close to the ear, then I am going to avoid it.  I do use my phone on my nightstand with gentle water streaming sounds.  

Sassafras, dragonlover, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @moonbeam

@thenystagmus

Hi! I'm sorry, I didn't see this until now.  When I went to the urgent care, they tested for a few things since I asked my cousin (who is a doctor and I told her what my symptoms were) and she advised on getting these tests including COVID.  I was really surprised to find out from the antibody test that I tested positive from infection.  I asked my doctor for a prescription to get the antibody test and that went to the Northwell Health Laboratories in NY.  The test is called COVID 19 Spike domain antibody.  I hope that answers your questions.  (I'm not really familiar with how to find your reply to see if I addressed all your questions!)

I just posted about Ivermectin, which is supposedly an effective treatment against COVID but is not approved since it is not profitable.

I'll try to check this more frequently.

Hi Ann, thanks for your reply! That was sure fortunate for you that you had your cousin to bounce things off of! I wonder if you would have been tested for Covid infection without asking for it? In hindsight, I really wish I'd found out if I had antibodies before I went for the vaccine.

I have only one more question. After your doctor gave you a prescription for the antibody test, did your insurance cover the cost or did you need to pay for it? I plan to do some research to see what I can see about it. Thank you! I hope you're continuing to do well!

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
twa
 twa
(@teresawarren40)
Very Active Member

I just started taking Mucinex twice a day to thin out any mucous or liquid in the ears.  It was actually a friend who recommended Mucinex-D.  My friend has ongoing vertigo issues and she said she takes a Mucinex-D and it clears up.  I only had plain Mucinex, but it seems to help.  I also had my quietest morning with T this morning in many months. 

gingerj and gingerj reacted
ReplyQuote
 SMRN
(@momto5)

@isismadec @ccmiles

just curious what kind of involuntary muscle movements you had/have? I’m having the same issue post vaccination.

ReplyQuote
(@sectormore)

Got the First dose of Pfizer on April 27. Have had persistent dizziness ever since. Tinnitus developed right at week 3. It's pretty unbearable. Have taken steroids (did absolutely nothing) and seen 3 different Dr's all of which refuse to acknowledge that these side effects are from the vaccine! Glad to find this thread. @dizzyfromvaccine can you please DM me your Doctors info? I'll literally fly or drive anywhere at this point to find a Doctor with a head on his shoulders.

KitKat, KitKat, twa and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jee
(@jeekrn)

Update!

5.5 weeks after my BNT/pfizer 1st dose vac. I decided not to do 2nd dose after having so much reaction and still suffering. I have this weird sensation in my head that I can't explain what it is, not headache (well sometimes headache but it goes away in a min) and not a tingling sensation, but i feel like my nerve is moving on my head or there is something on the top or back of my head. Anybody have the same symptoms after pfizer? I already did brain CT scan twice in a month and both came clear but I was wondering if I should also do MRI, as MRI can detect subarachnoid hemorrhage or etc. more accurately… am I thinking too much? Or is this all becayse of anxiety?

Also sore throat but no cold symptoms, which is weird.

twa, Hope123, Sassafras and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lesc)

Have been following this site for weeks and decided to join. 53 years old, female. It's just over 8 weeks since I received my first dose of the AZ vaccine. The "just got off a boat" feeling started 4 days after. The pressure in my head has been awful. I had a fall walking to work. Honestly feel like I'm starting my day with a bottle of vodka and then going to work on a boat. First doc I spoke with, two weeks into side effects, told me I had probably had the virus and my immune system was over reacting to the vaccine. He prescribed some pills told me I would feel better in a few days and to keep a strip of the pills for the 2nd dose. Since then I have spoken to 2 more docs, been given different pills and sent to hospital for a blood test and CT scan to check for blood clots, everything normal. I have had debilitating migraine all my life, fainting, being sick etc.  Thanks to the menopause I haven't had a migraine for a couple of years. What I am experiencing now is very similar to a migraine attack, without the excruciating headache but the drunk feeling and inability to focus is there permanently. Hoping time will be the answer but very tearful and not sure what to do about next dose. This is awful, will it end? Thanks to everyone posting, I don't feel so alone.

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
Swift
(@swift)

@Dizzy4Now  

Hi there - Thank you for your pm Dizzy.. sadly the forum wont let me reply to you as it says I am not allowed to so i hope you will be able to read it here:

Basically I am still getting symptoms.  It has now been exactly a month since I had that awful vertigo experience on the 29th April 2021.  The  GP cant do much to be honest and also said they can only give me anti-sickness pills to help.  I have been taking paracetamol but it doesn’t touch the symptoms.  I have been referred to the hospital, hopefully for an MRI, but they downgraded my urgent referral to standard so am not going there until 22nd June!!

I am still getting dizziness every day and a headache all across my forehead.  When I first get up, things feel good but after only half an hour or so, the symptoms come back.  I am also unsteady on my feet and sometimes have to grab the wall or someone to steady me.

Now considering I only retired a short while ago and am a very active person, I cannot get to grips with my life virtually stopping

All in all, nothing I have tried helps so am just  working through all the dizziness and nausea as best I can.  This morning I did some weeding in the garden but had to sit down and reach over – it I had done is as usual (bending down) I would have spent half the morning fallilng over!!  It helps to sit down and just look at one thing – it is worse when walking or sitting in the car as the brain and the eyes don’t seem to be doing things as one

Once last thing – if this is nothing to do with the vaccine, these symptoms also similar to cervical vertigo… in fact they match all the symptoms.  However, if it is the vaccine, should I have the booster later in the year.  Not sure I can go through another 4 weeks or more of this in the winter (well any time really)

Thanks for enquiring about me – keep in touch and let me know how you go

Jan

This post was modified 3 years ago by Swift

ReplyQuote
(@dizzyfromvaccine)
Very Active Member

@elallen17

i finished them about 4-5 days ago but i felt better 2 days in. I tapered the glutothione down a little after 5 days. I was told to drop to 2x a day after first week but I actually havent taken it after the first week. I mentioned glutithione can have some mild side effects from what I read. I have a tendency to acid reflux since pregnancy and it was giving me a little towards the end of the week. So I stopped because I feel good now. I may take a little more again though because while the dizzy feeling (thank god) is gone, im still a little tired still compared my normal levels. 

Follow your own body, I would say. If it feels like too much drop it down a bit. In my case it still helped. Second day I cried because I felt so much better it felt like a miracle. I was so grateful to come out of that ordeal. 

Sarah and Sarah reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elallen17)

Thanks so much for your information. I’ll update you and everyone else once I start the supplements today. Just yesterday I was at the pool with my kids and I had to sit down the dizziness was so bad, and my husband had to drive home. I just hate feeling like this. I want my spunky, high energy self back again! 

ReplyQuote
(@spinningandmiserable)

@dizzyfromvaccine I just joined this group after having followed it for some time. I am 4 months in and counting and increasingly symptomatic and desperate. Have had MRI, ENT tests and my neuro has started me on Topomax since I am a migraine sufferer and feels this is vestibular migraines and is treating it as such. This group has made me feel not crazy. I have ordered these things you have had success with and will talk with my acupuncturist this week while waiting for their arrival. I am desperate for relief. I have gone from a high functioning energetic person to a shell of one. Hoping for some relief, it is getting harder and harder to push through each day. Thanks for sharing. 

ReplyQuote
(@burgi)

@dizzyfromvaccine Please DM me all information of your doctor. I would give everything to get help. Actually I have chills and a sore throat all over the day next to the headache / temple pressure. Thanks a lot already.

ReplyQuote
(@jondick)

@dizzyfromvaccine

Thabk you. I just ordered those supplements. I will try anything at this point. Had. cmmmCT scan the other day and it also came back normal. I don’t have Ivermectin but I will ask my doctor about it next time I go in. Maybe I will just start with the supplements first and see if it helps. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote
(@fmpathan)

Pfizer 2nd shot dizziness

I am a female (41 years old, south Asian, 130 lbs) that took the Pfizer covid vaccine three weeks ago. I completed my second shot at that time. The only medicine I take daily is over the counter Lansoprazole. After about 4-5 days, I started to get instability and vertigo. I have traditionally had positional vertigo in the past. This is more like a feeling of falling or tilting over versus spinning. I am unable to lay down sleeping. I went to an ent and they said it wasn’t positional vertigo. They gave meclizine and that does help but once it wears off I am back to the issue. I am wondering if this is a side effect of the vaccine and how long it lasts. Also what can I do to fix. Doing some research, maybe the vestibular nerve may be aggravated. I don’t know.

TMarie and TMarie reacted
ReplyQuote
Glen
 Glen
(@glen)

@audraavizienis I had my 1st AstraZ jab on 13th may and have had constant dizziness and head pressure since, I’m now on my 17th day of these symptoms with them not easing at all. I have spent a night in hospital and had my blood pressure and bloods done, they came back fine and was told it’s a side effect from vaccine. I have seen doctor after doctor and been on 5 types of medication with nothing helping. I feel like I’m gonna be stuck with these symptoms for ever as they are not getting any better.. I might have to have a head scan to see if it’s anything more serious 

Rachie, Sassafras, Rachie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 218 / 1151