Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@paulwilson)

Hi gingerj I just wanted to thank you for posting that! 

I think like most on here I have good days and bad, and this has been a bad one. In my black thoughts I do wonder if I'll ever get better so I needed that! Oh and I was - if feeling better - going to attempt to exercise on Saturday too, so thank you for the warning! 

gingerj and gingerj reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @suewalsh

@thenystagmus I had covid in January with no real side effects apart from fatigue. March I had my first AZ vaccine.  I had a massive reaction to it. Initially (8 hours after the shot) I had what I can only describe as like a seizure. Violent shaking which lasted for about 2 minutes. Then that lessened to moderate shaking and I couldn't move. Like having really bad flu. This lasted 8 hours but I was 'vibrating' for the whole of the next day. 2 weeks later I got really bad dizziness and loss of balance along with nausea. I didn't take any medication and it subsided after about 6 weeks. Then I had my 2nd shot on June 2nd. 2 weeks after that BAM! Horrendous dizziness, ear pressure, my neck felt weird and if I lie down it's much worse. Sometimes if I touch my head or neck when lying down it starts off a spinning episode. My Dr diagnosed vertigo (which is a symptom, not a cause) have me histamines which made it 10 times worse! I tried the Epseley manouvere which resulted in me being bedridden for 24 hours as I did NOT have BPPV. I convinced the Dr to give me antibiotics in case of infection and have been taking cinnarizine when it's really bad so I can sleep. Guessing I'm riding this out for at least another 2 weeks, but it seems much worse this time round.

Wow, you've had a long, rough time!

I've been tested for BPPV at least 3 times, maybe more. The one time I didn't get tested for it was when I went to the ER on a Friday, after my optometrist said I needed to get checked for shingles that might have been threatening to involve my eye. There they made me choose my top concern, so my dizziness that had gone on for weeks wasn't really addressed (how crazy is that?!).

The last time they did the BPPV diagnostic test was at my ENT office after a dramatic relapse the day before. Afterwards the technician sadly shook her head, saying, "I hoped I could Fix you..." I was staggering through their halls and clinging to their walls, but it sure wasn't because I had BPPV.

I hope you experience an improvement in your condition soon. If I were you, I might be awfully wary of those boosters they're currently haggling over the need for!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @tabby

Hi,

Haven't been here for a while, needed to take a break because I had nothing new to report from the persistent dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, brain fog, unsteadiness, vision problems etc etc.

I have been treating my symptoms as inflammation and as such have been following a anti-inflammatory diet, although I have cheated now and again with the odd take away. I have tried prochlorperazine from my doctor, cetirizine and other antihistamines to no avail.

As a last resort I decided to try Ivermectin, stromectol generic to be more precise. As you cannot get this prescribed by a doctor in the UK or can't even buy it over the counter, my only other option was to buy it online. My decision came after much reading about the drug and watching Dr Mobeen Syed videos (Dr Been). I went online to Canadian Pharmacies and was able to buy the drug there. I bought 10 x 6 mg tablets and have been splitting them at their score line and taking 3mg in the morning and 3mg in the evening. I am on day 6 and have just taken my 3mg morning dose. I now plan with the remaining tablets to take just 3mg a day. My dizziness has gone, my headaches have gone, my gait is normal, I still get foggy headed sonetimes, my tinnitus is still with me although I had this before I had the jabs ( 2 x AstraZeneca). 

Because I am feeling much better my confidence is returning, I am going out more and this is taking my mind away from it, although I'm not driving yet but hope to soon.

I know this is controversial in all respects but after 12 weeks of feeling ill after the first jab and after having my 2nd jab on 17th May still feeling ill, I was desperate to try sonething. I'm not suggesting that this will work for anyone else but so far it's working for me. I don't plan on being a regular here but I will post if I have anything new to report.

Hope you're making progress Sassafras.

Best wishes all. 🙏😊

Hi Tabby - It's good to hear from you. My thoughts and prayers have been youward. I'm sure glad to hear you're feeling better! And thanks for your well wishes!

My relapses have been lengthening out, with the last one 6 weeks between and it's been a month now since that one! I'm plateaued again at 85%+ improvement and gaining as I do my vestibular rehabilitation exercises several times a day and see my vestibular PT weekly. I've also been challenging myself with increasing activities in hopes of building up my stamina once again.

Continued well wishes, my friend! 🤗👍🙏

KitKat, KitKat, Tabby and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Hi Ollie,

I went on the canadian2pharmacy.com website, this took me to medsamazing.com which had the Canadian Pharmacy header. The tablets are priced in UK currency on this site. For 10 x 6mg tablets I think the cost was something like £28.00 but the postage cost about the same so in all it cost me around £65-£68, can't remember exactly. Best wishes. 

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @tabby

Hi,

Haven't been here for a while, needed to take a break because I had nothing new to report from the persistent dizziness, headaches, tinnitus, brain fog, unsteadiness, vision problems etc etc.

I have been treating my symptoms as inflammation and as such have been following a anti-inflammatory diet, although I have cheated now and again with the odd take away. I have tried prochlorperazine from my doctor, cetirizine and other antihistamines to no avail.

As a last resort I decided to try Ivermectin, stromectol generic to be more precise. As you cannot get this prescribed by a doctor in the UK or can't even buy it over the counter, my only other option was to buy it online. My decision came after much reading about the drug and watching Dr Mobeen Syed videos (Dr Been). I went online to Canadian Pharmacies and was able to buy the drug there. I bought 10 x 6 mg tablets and have been splitting them at their score line and taking 3mg in the morning and 3mg in the evening. I am on day 6 and have just taken my 3mg morning dose. I now plan with the remaining tablets to take just 3mg a day. My dizziness has gone, my headaches have gone, my gait is normal, I still get foggy headed sonetimes, my tinnitus is still with me although I had this before I had the jabs ( 2 x AstraZeneca). 

Because I am feeling much better my confidence is returning, I am going out more and this is taking my mind away from it, although I'm not driving yet but hope to soon.

I know this is controversial in all respects but after 12 weeks of feeling ill after the first jab and after having my 2nd jab on 17th May still feeling ill, I was desperate to try sonething. I'm not suggesting that this will work for anyone else but so far it's working for me. I don't plan on being a regular here but I will post if I have anything new to report.

Hope you're making progress Sassafras.

Best wishes all. 🙏😊

Hi Tabby - It's good to hear from you. My thoughts and prayers have been youward. I'm sure glad to hear you're feeling better! And thanks for your well wishes!

My relapses have been lengthening out, with the last one 6 weeks between and it's been a month now since that one! I'm plateaued again at 85%+ improvement and gaining as I do my vestibular rehabilitation exercises several times a day and see my vestibular PT weekly. I've also been challenging myself with increasing activities in hopes of building up my stamina once again.

Continued well wishes, my friend! 🤗👍🙏

That's great news Sassafras, sounds really positive. Sending best wishes to you always.🙏😊

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vertigo)

I think my symptoms are starting to go away.  It's been about 14 weeks since I had the second shot of Pfizzer.  Hopefully they will go away and not come back!

lvit01, Sassafras, gingerj and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kirstymiller)

thanks Tabby! You can’t help but wonder why I have basically just had to go on the dark web to buy an unlicensed drug (I’m being dramatic but you get the idea) but they were happy to give us a pretty expérimental vaccine!! This has been the most expensive ‘free’ vaccine ever! I’ll let everyone know how I go with it (my remaining symptoms are head and ear pressure and waves of dizziness)

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lynner)

Thanks for sharing this information about inflammation.  I did always think inflammation was causing all of these symptoms,  but I was told by a dr my blood tests didn't show raised inflammation.  Can anyone shed any light on this? I'm still following an anti inflammatory diet and anti inflammatory supplements and ibuprofen helps with headaches.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Lynne

Jen and Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jen
(@turnbacktime)

@Lynne That is curious Lynne. I’m about to get some bloods done to check inflammatory markers and hoped to get a better picture. My neurologist believes it was an inflammatory response also. Perhaps the initial reaction subsides but  the body takes a long time to recover from the shock? 

Dee, KitKat, Dee and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @suewalsh

@thenystagmus I had covid in January with no real side effects apart from fatigue. March I had my first AZ vaccine.  I had a massive reaction to it. Initially (8 hours after the shot) I had what I can only describe as like a seizure. Violent shaking which lasted for about 2 minutes. Then that lessened to moderate shaking and I couldn't move. Like having really bad flu. This lasted 8 hours but I was 'vibrating' for the whole of the next day. 2 weeks later I got really bad dizziness and loss of balance along with nausea. I didn't take any medication and it subsided after about 6 weeks. Then I had my 2nd shot on June 2nd. 2 weeks after that BAM! Horrendous dizziness, ear pressure, my neck felt weird and if I lie down it's much worse. Sometimes if I touch my head or neck when lying down it starts off a spinning episode. My Dr diagnosed vertigo (which is a symptom, not a cause) have me histamines which made it 10 times worse! I tried the Epseley manouvere which resulted in me being bedridden for 24 hours as I did NOT have BPPV. I convinced the Dr to give me antibiotics in case of infection and have been taking cinnarizine when it's really bad so I can sleep. Guessing I'm riding this out for at least another 2 weeks, but it seems much worse this time round.

After such a horrific reaction to the first shot, there is no way I'd even consider any more shots.   Not a chance.

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rmorrison)

Thanks for your information regarding Chiropractic treatment. I am going to make an appointment and will let you know how it goes over time.

ReplyQuote
(@c-l-jones)

I had a pretty severe vertigo attack several weeks after the Moderna Covid vaccine.  The symptoms got better after a few hours, but it took over a week for the vertigo to go away entirely.  Several weeks later, I noticed I would experience some imbalance symptoms, not full blown vertigo, after focusing on objects up or down.  This has been going on for almost a month.  Today, I talked with some of my golf buddies (all over 55) who have been having similar symptoms.  One has had full-blown vertigo attacks on two different occasions and another has not had vertigo but has experienced imbalance issues.  Have to wonder if covid vaccine is the common link.

ReplyQuote
 Adam
(@adamk)

I have also been taking food enzymes and Diamine Oxidase (DAO) and that has helped me eat foods which I could eat before without getting vertigo. Has anyone else had luck with these?

Jen and Jen reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lynner)

Please keep me posted how you are getting onx

ReplyQuote
(@paulc)

I have only come across this forum some six months after vaccines began being distributed in the West. I live in a Southeast Asian country, so my experience is a bit different. I have had Meniere's since April 2017, and had lost between 40 percent and 60 percent of my hearing in both ears. I have not had a vertigo attack since December 2017 and take Serc, Nootropil, Tanakan, Cephadol, and a vitamin B 12 tablet to control symptoms. I was vaccinated with Sinovac, one of the Chinese vaccines, with the first injection on 8 June and the second one on 29 June. The Chinese vaccine is being questioned as to its  effectiveness, even in the country where I received it. But FWIW, here has been my reaction. After the first shot, mild tiredness and extra dizziness with nausea that culminated about two weeks after the shot.  After the second shot, more dizziness and nausea, which after 16 days persists. But most of this is something I can live with. Odd reaction to my hearing, however. I know this is only anecdotal, but my hearing slightly improved after the fist shot and significantly improved after the second shot. Coincidence? I don't know what to make of it.

KitKat, KitKat, Jen and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 376 / 1151