Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@stars182)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus

I have recovered significantly, 85%+ ...but I believe I have remaining permanent vestibular injury.

How long was?

ReplyQuote
(@kdoyle84)

@peyton3418 can i ask how long its been for you? I am approaching week 8. I cant believe this is my life now

ReplyQuote
(@kdoyle84)

@kirstymiller Hey! im curiius anout your expierece. I am on week 7 of vertigo-like symptoms. Swaying dizziness, fullness in my head, fatigue. Its been incredibly hard to work through all this crap. Can I ask how long it lasted for you? I am dying for some encouragement. Hope you are well

LadyD, Covid vaccine side effects, LadyD and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@s-m-a)
Very Active Member

Another thought occurs. When I went to get my first shot, I had also poison ivy. It was March and I had gotten it behind my shed while cleaning up for spring. Anyways, I was taking benadryl for that and maybe that's why it didn't affect me as badly as the second shot. I really thought it was weird that only the second shot brought these symptoms since they are so bad. Maybe that had something to do with it. I am grateful if so because I would not have gotten the second shot if the first one had done this. 

ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tnd112
Posted by: @isismadec

For what its worth I had small extra symptoms from first pfizer shot, bit hot and extra dizzyness for a while but nothing really that mush worse than a usual vertigo day.

Don't  assume that because YOU didn't have any severe side effects that no one else will.  There are accounts, one after another, on this forum of those who DID suffer long-standing and severe vesibular side effects.  Some did have preexisting vestibular or migraine conditions, some had no preexisting conditions.   So there is no way to know who will or won't suffer these affects, or long long they will last.  

I never said you wont have some effects from vaccine but the population of this forum thread is infinitely smaller than the population as a whole that have quite happily had no symptoms, but the main point being the absolute nonsense and scaremongering being peddled by the wannabe doctor. If you have genuine concerns talk to your actual doctor directly rather than the pretend doctors on the internet claiming mRNA genetic modifies you, telling you to take chloroquine or Ivermectin to protect against covid and don't get jabbed you will regret it.. well you will regret it more if you happen to one of those unlucky people that get covid badly and die tbh. Incidentally, you think the scientists that created these vaccines might have also thought about the known risks of ADE with vaccines already (which they did long and hard). Has Trump got a lot of spare time these days to be on here or something? 🙂

Laugh a minute already this forum thread and I only happened upon it by accident as I am due the second jab and wanted to see people experiences with existing vestibular conditions and whether it increased their issues.

For what it's worth, I did talk to my ENT.  He told me that given my longstanding vestiibular disorder, it is LIKELY that I would suffer the severe vestibular effects.  Good enough for you?  If you're willing to take the risk, that's your choice.  It isn't mine.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @stars182
Posted by: @thenystagmus

I have recovered significantly, 85%+ ...but I believe I have remaining permanent vestibular injury.

How long was?

Some people seem to recover more quickly; I'm one of the post-Covid vaccine "long haulers" here, so I have a long answer for your question.

Moderna vaccine, March 3rd. Vertigo & nystagmus starting, evening March 5th. A little resolution over the next week, then got severe again at one week, some resolution again, then relapsed again at 4 weeks, better again, then relapsed at 8 weeks, and again at 14 weeks.

It's been 6 weeks since then and I had some hours of about 50% severity symptoms on Sunday during thunder & lightning, but no rain that went on for hours. When the front finally moved in, I got relief and I'm better again this week. I'm not really counting that as a relapse; just a short event with an identifiable trigger.

Each time I've recovered, I've gotten to ~85% recovery and then I plateau.

I'm going to weekly vestibular therapy sessions, advancing to increasingly challenging vestibular exercises that I do at home twice daily. I believe these are helping my brain & body to slowly learn to compensate for the residual vestibular injury that I continue to experience.

Having been healthy and lost my health, spending a lot of 4 months at a low level of functioning, I've been working on increasing my activity level (even when I didn't really feel like it) to rebuild my stamina.

At this point I'm so thankful that my fatigue is lessening and I'm very grateful to be regaining my health! And in this process I've enjoyed the support of others here!

Well wishes for you and for us all! 🤗🙏

Hopeitsover, Hopeitsover, LadyD and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LPV
(@lpycb42)

@gingerjones I think every person that thinks herd immunity is a good idea, has not had a relative or friend die of COVID.  When you do, you stop being so loud about it.  I was the same until people close to me passed from it.  Then I stopped thinking of vulnerable people as disposable things or their deaths as just "necessary evils".  Maybe lives outside of your own don't matter much to you, but to others they do.  But I sincerely hope to God neither you, nor anyone here who is OK with talking like that, ever gets to suffer a loss of their loved one. 

I respect your decision to not vaccinate yourselves, in the end, you're the ones putting yourselves at risk and that is your own choice.  But to call for governments to just sacrifice people? That not right.  Sorry.

Jen, Hopeitsover, Jen and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 LPV
(@lpycb42)

@emiliec Inflammation.  Do everything you can to reduce it and go from there. Eliminate caffeine, ask doctor to prescribe special migraine medication.  It's trial and error at this point.  

Emilie, Emilie, spacecadet and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@peyton3418)

Posted by: @kdoyle84

@peyton3418 can i ask how long its been for you? I am approaching week 8. I cant believe this is my life now

It’s been almost 13 weeks since my symptoms began, with my recovery period not included, I’ve had symptoms for a total of 10 weeks. Definitely worse in the beginning!

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Do some of the rest of you also think it's too bad that this forum that's designed to support people with vestibular issues is turning into rather a free for all for hotly posting about vaccination beliefs?

I hope that we can get back to that being our highest goal ...to support each other. 

Sure, we've got a really wide variety of ideas about what's happening for us, how to deal with it, what has happened for this to happen, what should have happened instead, what should happen next ...and so on.

But could we talk about all this respectfully, with consideration for each other? 

We talk a lot about our bodies being in a state of inflammation. Well, some ways of relating here can definitely contribute to mental, emotional, relational inflammation ...and what does all that do for people dealing with physical inflammation in their bodies?  Well, it can't be helpful, that's for sure,

So, as needed, could we consider dialing down a few notches - and commit to work towards being a community that's first and foremost devoted to respectfully supporting one another, even in the midst of our diversity of opinions, in this difficult time we're in the midst of? I sure think that would be great, and I'm willing to try... 😏 👍

Jen, gingerj, resanshope and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@timeandwater)

@ladyd 

Great to hear from you, fellow UK post vax long hauler. Yesterday my GP refused to refer me to a LC clinic, but armed with your advice I will keep pushing. Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

As I'm new to the forum it tells me I can't DM until I've posted more. I'll have to wait to hit that magic number so you can tell me where the pharmacist can be found. I am currently in Haringey...?

I hope you are all right, the psychological impact of a relapse is so hard to deal with.  Please weather gods- no more heat waves! 

KitKat, Lynne, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jezjay)

I have suffered with Menieres for 13 years, today it is 29th July 2021 and 2 months ago on 28th May, I had my first Pfizer jab, despite me speaking to my doctor about my reservations and her not mentioning anything about risks. 7 days after the vaccination I had 24 hours a day dizziness and disorientation, followed by the worst Menieres attacks I have ever experienced. I usually have no more than 3 hour attacks, and once I had an attack lasting 6 hours, but after the vaccination I had an attack lasting 11 hours and many minor, medium and major attacks in between. The attacks themselves are different in nature than I used to have, the whole sensation and experience was different, it was awful. My ears felt like they were blocked with giant corks, and whereas previously I only had one affected ear, now it was in both ears. 

My hearing is now worse. Usually in the past, between attacks, I go back to normal, this time I am not. I am constantly disorientated, foggy or dizzy, sometimes mild sometimes requiring me to lie down for hours until it passes. I feel angry with my doctor for not warning me. This has been my worst experience in 13 years as an MD sufferer and I wonder if I will ever feel normal again. I am now on week 9 since the jab and still I cant go out, work, or do anything meaningful. I cant turn my head suddenly and its difficult to look to the side unless I move my head really slowly and my vision has deteriorated.

My advice to anybody suffering with Menieres, is DONT HAVE THE JAB. I wish I could turn back the clock and not have it done, needless to say I WONT be having jab No. 2 or any vaccinations in the future. Not enough information out there for people to make an informed decision. The jab causes INFLAMMATION, which is what Covid does to you. Inflammation is what triggers Menieres. I fear I will never feel normal again.

ReplyQuote
(@jezjay)

@l-swolfs Dont have the jab, please read my exprerience on this thread before you decide.

ReplyQuote
(@jezjay)

I have suffered with Menieres for 13 years, a disease of the inner ear. Today it is 29th July 2021 and 2 months ago on 28th May, I had my first Pfizer jab, despite me speaking to my doctor about my reservations and her not mentioning anything about risks. 7 days after the vaccination I had 24 hours a day dizziness and disorientation which has continued and now I am on week 9. The constant 24 hour a day dizziness was followed by the worst Menieres attacks I have ever experienced which was so severe and lasted for 11 hours with constant vomiting and unreal dizziness, my worst attack ever. Although with Menieres I get dizzy attacks occasionally, these attacks themselves are different in nature than I used to have, the whole sensation and experience was different, it was awful. My ears felt like they were blocked with giant corks, and whereas previously I only had one affected ear, now it was in both ears. 

My hearing is now worse. Usually in the last 13 years between attacks, I go back to normal, this time I am not. I am constantly disorientated, foggy or dizzy, sometimes mild sometimes requiring me to lie down for hours until it passes. I feel angry with my doctor for not warning me. This has been my worst experience in 13 years as an MD sufferer and I wonder if I will ever feel normal again. I still cant go out, work, or do anything meaningful. Life is on hold. I cant turn my head suddenly and its difficult to look to the side unless I move my head really slowly and my vision has deteriorated.

My advice to anybody suffering with Menieres or any disease of the middle ear, is DONT HAVE THE JAB. I wish I could turn back the clock and not have it done, needless to say I WONT be having jab No. 2 or any vaccinations in the future. Not enough information out there for people to make an informed decision. The jab causes INFLAMMATION, which is what Covid does to you. Inflammation is what triggers Menieres. I fear I will never feel normal again but Im hoping when the vaccination wears off, I will start to feel normal again.

Iris Lynne, gingerj, Iris Lynne and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jezjay)

For what its worth I had small extra symptoms from first pfizer shot, bit hot and extra dizzyness for a while but nothing really that mush worse than a usual vertigo day.

Don't  assume that because YOU didn't have any severe side effects that no one else will.  There are accounts, one after another, on this forum of those who DID suffer long-standing and severe vesibular side effects.  Some did have preexisting vestibular or migraine conditions, some had no preexisting conditions.   So there is no way to know who will or won't suffer these affects, or long long they will last.  

I never said you wont have some effects from vaccine but the population of this forum thread is infinitely smaller than the population as a whole that have quite happily had no symptoms, but the main point being the absolute nonsense and scaremongering being peddled by the wannabe doctor. If you have genuine concerns talk to your actual doctor directly rather than the pretend doctors on the internet claiming mRNA genetic modifies you, telling you to take chloroquine or Ivermectin to protect against covid and don't get jabbed you will regret it.. well you will regret it more if you happen to one of those unlucky people that get covid badly and die tbh. Incidentally, you think the scientists that created these vaccines might have also thought about the known risks of ADE with vaccines already (which they did long and hard). Has Trump got a lot of spare time these days to be on here or something? 🙂

Laugh a minute already this forum thread and I only happened upon it by accident as I am due the second jab and wanted to see people experiences with existing vestibular conditions and whether it increased their issues.

For what it's worth, I did talk to my ENT.  He told me that given my longstanding vestiibular disorder, it is LIKELY that I would suffer the severe vestibular effects.  Good enough for you?  If you're willing to take the risk, that's your choice.  It isn't mine.

what we are seeing on this forum is the people who are actually POSTING about their symptoms, the vast majority of people who are experiencing similar side effects will not come here and post anything, but just speak to their doctor or suffer in silence, so dont assume its a very small percentage based on a website discussion!

gingerj, Lynne, gingerj and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 419 / 1151