Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 Sam
(@samtay)

@greenmonster the side effects we are seeing in this forum are very common with flu shots and many vaccines, also with many viruses (Covid is worst).  I know dozens of vaccinated people and I am the only one with this side effect.  This is not some new technology, as is often said.  It was discovered 40 years ago in Hungary.  Pfizer was working with it for flu vaccines several years ago.  So they were able to shift gears very quickly to adapt to this new virus.  There is a lot of misinformation out here.  That these were “rushed” is part of that uninformed effort.  

a close friend, a doctor, had this same side effect from a flu vaccine a few years ago.  It took him more than a year to regain his balance.  A doctor friend has close relatives suffering the same effects from having had Covid before vaccines were available.  They are still very sick with balance problems and lung problems and some with heart problems.  

A close friend in another country could not get vaccinated and was exposed.  He was young and strong (39). He collapsed doing a work out.  Rushed to the hospital they found Covid had destroyed his heart.  He has a heart transplant.  

im grateful for these vaccines.  I hope they will announce that if someone has had a bad virus (as I did) they need to wait 2-3 months for Covid vaccination to maybe avoid side effects.  These vaccines are saving many lives.  Just as most vaccines through the years have done.  

ReplyQuote
 Sam
(@samtay)

@thenystagmus answering the “one shot then infected” question:  four people I know fall into that category.  Two had bad cases, were very sick, but not hospitalized.  Two were asymptomatic and were tested because they had exposure to the others.  The sickest is 35 and after months cannot climb stair easily, was previously very healthy, no health problems, low weight, fit.  Next sickest, has mostly recovered some months later, is in 50s, with diabetes.  3rd and 4th are in their 70s.  No symptoms.  Hard to know what happens with Delta.  

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@samtay Yes, I can't emphasize too much how highly I recommend vestibular therapy! It's amazing how exercises specific to my vestibular injury can isolate the movements that trigger my symptoms, but as I gently challenge myself with them several times a day I'm able to learn to compensate and gain tolerance to move about more and more with less and less symptoms once again.

It would be great if I fully recover, but I'm prepared to celebrate whatever level of health I regain. And I treasure my regained health so much that I'll not challenge it again with another jab of the same that preceded this long journey. Speaking of journeys, I've found that daily walks are another thing that's  helping in my recovery. Also, I purposefully do some of my vestibular exercises in low light, since moving in low light is particularly challenging for me.

Well wishes for us all! 😏🙏

Gloria M and Gloria M reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stars182)
Very Active Member

@thenystagmus your nystagmus symptoms got better?

ReplyQuote
Merryann
(@merryann)

@samtay the issue is that people are being badly wounded and told that sad as that is, it was a necessary evil because these new format vaccines which stimulate spike protein creation were the only way to avoid mass deaths.

The Wall Street Journal, hardly a fringe lunatic publication, has explained today (with sources) why it was morally wrong to write off use of ivermectin: https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-ivermectin-covid-19-coronavirus-masks-anti-science-11627482393

If therapeutics existed then the rush to not only vaccinate everyone (not just the vulnerable), and then create a campaign of booster shots ( https://www.gponline.com/gps-opting-covid-boosters-lmcs-warn-against-taking-practices-granted/article/1723405 ) which seems likely to run to at least spring 2024 ( https://www.contractsfinder.service.gov.uk/notice/bbec3a9a-168a-46c5-a71d-990c2a8a8212?origin=SearchResults&p=1 ) and which is now being linked to access to supermarkets in some countries ( https://www.portugalresident.com/portugal-ponders-banning-unvaccinated-from-cafes-restaurants-and-supermarkets/ ) makes it inevitable people will discuss the bigger picture.  

Vaccine passports will not just be a “you got your one set of shots, took one for the team but it’s over now, you’re good to go” – they will include boosters on the schedule set by government, possibly annual or bi-annual, and you don’t need to read many pages here to see very few people will be able to get their doctors to exempt them from further rolls of the dice. Rolls of the dice which may become a condition of having any kind of normal life.  

Immune suppressors at the time of the shots are not the answer because that will mean there is no immune reaction, rendering the shot itself a futile, but still not guaranteed safe, piece of pantomime. The whole purpose of vaccines is to create an immune reaction, light a controlled fire so to speak!

And I’ve not even touched upon the PCR cycle rates inflating case numbers, misclassification of deaths, or the differences between “died OF covid” and “died WITH covid.”

HOWEVER past a certain point, yes, it does become futile to discuss that bigger picture here at the coal face of dealing with symptoms, especially for people who have enough on their plates to begin with. 

But please don't pretend that the context in which this is happening is irrelevant, or that people are wrong to make reference to it, and should keep their eyes closed and mouths zipped...

help and help reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @samtay

@emiliec it’s difficult when a vestibular reaction happens after a vaccine (it can happen after any vaccine or virus btw).   I’m sorry you are going through this.  Please ask a neurologist to give you a referral to a vestibular therapist which I’m sure will help you to recover.  This has helped me, with improvement in just the first 10 days.  Good luck, hang in there!

The benefit of vestibular therapy for vestibular issues is well known enough that you may find any of your doctors will prescribe it for you. Even the APRN at my old low cost clinic was willing to! And one therapy group in my town was willing to do it without a prescription. Without a prescription I would need to pay for it myself; with a prescription my health insurance covers it.

ReplyQuote
(@rockingonaboat)

Today’s update: Had my MRI yesterday and I’m awaiting results. Unfortunately, it seems I’m having a delayed reaction to the contrast that was used on me. My mri was yesterday around 2 and I got the contrast around 230something. I was fine the rest of yesterday and was able to sleep through the night.
I suddenly woke up early around 630ish and couldn’t go back to sleep. Around 10am as I was sitting down about to take an exam and I got this sudden woozy feeling and then I was really nauseous and I had to go to the bathroom. I felt really warm and then cold after I went to the bathroom and my head has a small pressure feeling. I was feeling dizzy, but not the same way I’ve been feeling- this was a different type. 
I began to drink ginger tea to help with the nausea, but apparently this is considered a mild reaction to the contrast based on what I read online about it. 
so now I just have to wait this out. Ginger tea and magnesium lime water seem to help still. I’m hoping this doesn’t last all day and I’m gonna be drinking hella fluids to flush out the contrast. 

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jess)

@ladyd 

are you any better? 

LadyD and LadyD reacted
ReplyQuote
Merryann
(@merryann)

Ginger tea... that jogs a memory here: coffee seems to be widely recognised for making things worse, I wonder whether that's because it's a vasoconstrictor? https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19219847/

If so there might be inflammation in blood vessels and/or microclots (UK NHS is spending a staggering £3 BILLION on direct oral anti-coagulant drugs for the next 29 - 41 months so I think we can safely say this is no longer a fringe idea) being caused by body-wide creation of spike-protein ( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8051011/ ).

Those oral anti-coagulant drugs help to dissolve thrombin protein ( https://www.pharmacytimes.com/view/noac-doac-or-tsoac-what-should-we-call-novel-oral-anticoagulants ), so herbs like ginger which are believed to have a similar effects could be worth trying? If anyone is working with an herbalist, try bringing this up with the links provided?

(I have a background in research, including epidemiology and public health interventions. If anyone was wondering. 🙂  )

ReplyQuote
(@jess)

@herries2021 how are you now? 

ReplyQuote
(@redm)

@shahad for 3-4 weeks after my 1st moderna I had increased tingling and numbness, on top of my normal due to back issues...However, on my left foot my last 3 toes felt like they we burning, like frostbite. It was painful. This has went away at about week 5.

ReplyQuote
(@jess)

@amir how are you low? Did you do the second one? 

AsadalW and AsadalW reacted
ReplyQuote
(@apollo)

@samtay mri contrast can cause histamine to release so u maybe suffering for an overreaction from the dye. U could try some antihistamine

This post was modified 3 years ago by Apoll

ReplyQuote
(@kirstymiller)

@dizzzy2021 hey, if you click on my name and then click activity you will see all my posts. 
Vertigo, headaches, anxiety, insomnia, headfog, ear fullness, loss of appetite, lethargy, most of the same as everyone 🙁

hope you are finding some improvement 

LadyD, LadyD, Covid vaccine side effects and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rob51489)

@thepierlux I have been feeling it since two weeks after my second shot in april its exhausting

ReplyQuote
Page 421 / 1151