Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@redm)

@ladyd I seriously have all the same. Fluorescent lighting and being in rooms with a lot of stimulus really exacerbate the situation. I told my doctor that I feel like I'm stuck in fight or flight mode. I never really contributed it before until I started reading the Forum because I have a history with sinus infections but I do have a full feeling in my head but my blood pressure has been getting extremely high due to the major adrenaline flood. I'm sorry you're experiencing this too! I pretty much have to stay home unless I'm by myself somewhere outside. It's really hard for me to be in a room with more than two or three people and especially if there is no natural light or air circulation. 😔

Lynne, LadyD, Lynne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@greenmonster)

@nawpan I think people here are jumping to the conclusion that I am an antivaxer.  That is far from the truth.  I am just very careful in what I decide to take risks on. 

I was prepping for this virus last January.  While the CDC was saying the virus was not spreading to people.  I had seen data posted by Taiwanese intelligence warning that it was spreading from person to person.  I followed them and not the CDC.   I had plenty of toilet paper by the way.  haha

Almost everything the CDC has advised has either been wrong or unsafe for you.  My daughter was a med student last year and her hospital was near an air force base that housed Covid patients from the cruise ship last year.  Right off the bat several positive patients were released.  I asked my daughter if that was her hospital and she said it was the CDC and that they were idiots and didn't know what they were doing. 

Remember the mask shortage and how you can't wash or clean N95 masks and what a problem it caused for hospitals.  I knew in March that you could use a $40 Ozone cleaner used for CPAP masks.  It cleans the masks and kills all viruses and bacteria in 30 minutes and made the mask reusable.  I still use that today to clean my masks not because I believe they protect m from viruses(they don't) but just so I don't get a bacterial infection from them.  However the Ozone cleaner was never brought up by the CDC or the media.

What I am trying to say is the so called experts have been wrong about everything.  In January of this year there were multiple virologist saying that Antibody Dependent Enhancement would cause a big outbreak of Covid cases in the vaccinated.  The date they gave was July August time frame of this year.  It is happening right now.  To blame the unvaccinated for the vaccinated getting Covid is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.  

One last thing.  I never said every person getting the vaccine would have horrible side effects.  My concern has always been the long term dangers of them.  The idea that 7 independent companies all came out with miracle vaccines for a Coronavirus at the very same time and it only took 6 months is beyond absurd.  There has never been an effective vaccine for a Coronavirus and suddenly anyone can do it.  Sure! 

ReplyQuote
(@mssam)

OMG! I thought I was going crazy! Thank goodness for this post! So I live in Sydney Australia and I had my first Phizer dose on 1st July. The afternoon of the 4th July, I got so dizzy I couldn't see or walk and fainted. My 12 year old son called an ambulance and was taken to ER where they kept asking me what drugs I had taken???!!! WT? I don't do drugs. I couldn't see or walk straight. I explained I had the vaccine four days earlier and they told me a reaction would only occur within the first 48 hours. They did bloods then put me back in the waiting room, completely unstable. After my daughter(27) stormed the ER HORRIFIED, they discharged my unable to walk unassisted.

Two days later, still couldn't see or walk unassisted, I was freaking out and went to a different hospital. These guys did MRI, CT, ECG and bloods and discharged me with a diagnosis of BPPV, also telling me a reaction to the vaccine would only occur within 48 hrs. Two days later, my eldest son in QLD told me about a friend in hospital with same symptoms that occured 4-5 days after vaccine. This was not just me. My sister did loads of research on the net(as I couldn't see still) and found threads on the web of hundreds of people in similar situations.

GPs have ignored me, Coronavirus hotline was not interested, reported to CV reporting line...no response, filled in the survey I was texted by the Australian CV vaccine questionnaire with all details, no response. I AM NOT CRAZY!!!

It is now 4 weeks later and I am 95% better. Why does everyone seem to be covering up these reactive symptoms??? I've been through hell for 4 weeks and no one has taken me seriously or cared? It is nice to know I'm not alone now though!

Stay safe! 😊

Jen, Barb, Hopeitsover and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

@jezjay Janet, I'm so sorry about what you're going through! I hope you start improving soon! I wanted to agree with what you shared and repeat it here...

"...what we are seeing on this forum is the people who are actually POSTING about their symptoms, the vast majority of people who are experiencing similar side effects will not come here and post anything, but just speak to their doctor or suffer in silence, so don't assume it's a very small percentage based on a website discussion!"

There is an amazing number of people registered on the VEDA forum, a lot of whom I believe never post. Beyond that, I would guess are many many more that have never registered with this forum, but come here to learn from those that are posting here. 

I think you are so right - I believe we would be beyond amazed to know how very many - from all around the world - are experiencing vestibular issues following Covid vaccinations!

Covid vaccine side effects, LadyD, help and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@himom4)

I'm on week 4. I had a few good days and then the last two days have been bad. The good news is my light sensitivity and head pressure seems to almost be gone. But now I can barely get out of bed. I took 3 naps today and when I do stand I feel like I'm going to faint. I'm also short of breath when I talk. I have asthma too and I'm concerned this is going to trigger a flare. I'm not sure if I got worse because I started to try to walk my dog and garden or if it's because I forgot to take Quercetin for the last three days. All I know is I was starting to feel like I was improving and now I can't even sit up to type this. It's scary. I'm in a Facebook group for people with chronic fatigue syndrome who have similar symptoms and some of them say it goes away after a few months. I'm only a month in and can't imagine another month of this.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @stars182

@thenystagmus your nystagmus symptoms got better?

Yes, I only had the nystagmus symptoms (my eyes flipping back & forth, side to side uncontrollably) with my initial onset of vertigo, and then I would have vertigo & nystagmus again for a while at the beginning of each relapse, especially when I moved my head out of strict alignment with my body, side to side, up or down, or diagonally. Sometimes for a short time following these times I would also continue to experience it whenever I would lay down or when I would turn over in bed for a while longer.

As I got more used to it it didn't make me violently nauseous as it did at the beginning.

When my eyes have done this, my surroundings would appear to be spinning around me, like when children twirl around for a while and suddenly stop for fun.

Only this vertigo & nystagmus didn't fade and stop right away like it did when I would spin & stop as a child. And, as you know if it's happened to you, it wasn't fun at all!! 💫🥴

I'm so relieved that I'm not experiencing nystagmus or vertigo all the time anymore, and I hope no one else is either!

Well wishes for us all!! 😏🙏

didigo, Covid vaccine side effects, help and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tannis)

@jasonedwarda I've thought this same thing.  I seem to be having weird eye issues and some joint inflammation.  The joint inflammation could be chalked up to hormonal changes and/or fluctuations in my activity levels due to various covid pandemic factors (emotional/motivational fluctuations, dance studios being closed, etc) but the eye stuff is weird.  Got pink eye the day after my first shot (May 26th) which was accompanied by a strange stabbing pain in the lateral side of same eye.  That was cleared up with polysporin drops in a couple of days.  Then I got a stye that lasted a month (still not totally gone but hot compresses 4x/day took care of it for the most part...just a small red dot now).  Now for the last day or so, noticing floaties in my vision which didn't alarm me until tonight when I was talking to a friend and suddenly my whole left eye (same side as pink eye but opposite stye) filled with floaties and went a bit cloudy.  That scared me.  No pain or other symptoms but it lasted a good 10-15 min and then slowly started to dissipate.  Now its mostly down to a bit of a film on the eye...floaties aren't totally gone but nothing extreme. Doesn't feel quite right.  I'm booked for my second shot tomorrow... uncomfortable timing to say the least.  Going to call my optometrist tomorrow morning.  Both Pfizer vaccines.  

I noticed someone named Mark reported eye floaties after vaccination on this forum back in April (because I googled 'covid vaccine eye floaties' when I got home tonight after this incident which is how I found this forum)  but I can't seem to find that thread now that I've registered here.  

Alas, as you stated Jason, I've wondered about the vaccine triggering bodily 'weak links' too.  My dad is a pretty healthy 82-yr-old but he's had multiple eye issues and surgeries; two corneal transplants, cataracts, detached retina; mom has macular degeneration and cataracts.  Makes me wonder about what the vaccine has 'amped up' in my cells.  I'll likely go ahead with the second shot tomorrow unless my optometrist advises against but it sure isn't feeling like a celebratory notion atm. 🙄  I'm a healthy 50-yr-old but appreciate the reminder about eating extra healthy especially now....will clean up a few areas where I've gotten lax.  Cheers! 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jean
(@jeank)

Hello everyone,

I had COVID in March and received my first shot of Pfizer on June 30. Roughly 2 weeks later, dizziness, blurry vision, fatigue, brain fog started - out of nowhere. Accompanied by severe anxiety that often progresses into panic attacks (which I've never had before). Had many examinations, especially in connection with liver, kidney, thyroid functions, an ECG, blood-glucose level tests... everything is normal! But I cannot last 2 straight days feeling fine, cannot work, cannot even go on walks longer than 20 minutes... And it's been like this for almost 3 weeks, having anxiety and fatigue steal every ounce of energy I manage to muster. Have been taking supplements like many of you suggested, everything from Vitamin C to ginseng with a plethora of homeopathic medicines in between, but progress is slow...

When will this end cause I'm losing hope... 

ReplyQuote
(@timeandwater)

@kirstymiller hi Kirsty, really happy to hear there's been a real improvement for you. Despite the relapse, where I am now physically, and in terms of acceptance, are very different too.Any suggestions local to Haringey? Who has listened, helped, have you contacted MP? We need recognition. 

I think you are right rest, or PACE, what we can learn from the chronic fatigue community is vital. But, I am on holiday and have family to help me, not everyone is so lucky. And when term starts again, the clock starts for long term sick and financial repercussions.  Ho hum. Keep it in the day. 

Collective knowledge of this forum... My GP has refused to refer me to a long covid clinic. Any ideas how to make this happen? There are often key words to say that open the magic door... dear old NHS. 

Btw all, 2 days after starting h2 inhibitors ( prescribed anti histamine) my heart hurts a lot less, a constant symptom from day 1). 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
LadyD
(@ladyd)
Very Active Member

@jess no Jess I’m not I relapsed on 20th and have been having panic attacks waking up every day since. So I’ve stopped taking all the medication, supplements and vitamins I was on and I’m now trying CBD oil for a week on the advice of my pharmacist. If that fails I’m going to approach a local Long Covid Clinic directly as doctors won’t refer me if they don’t believe my symptoms are vaccine related (which they don’t). They think it’s vestibular migraine and anxiety. Which it could be but I don’t like the side effects I’m having to the medication they prescribed so I’m trying other things first. How are you?

(@pretzel)

Quick update:

Feel much better the last 3 days. Almost like I’m back to normal. So around 10 days after the symptoms started. Felt the sudden burst of energy on Tuesday morning which was missing since the vaccine. Even been to the gym last two days and no relapses. Have cut out caffeine which is killing me and have been eating clean. Also have been taking just regular paracetamol for the migraines. Hope this lasts especially after alcohol and coffee are consumed but will give that a try next week when I’m on my holidays. 

Sassafras, Boatrocking, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
LadyD
(@ladyd)
Very Active Member

@redm isn’t it weird?! We just have to wait for it to pass I guess and do all we can to relax in the meantime. I don’t like being left on my own but I am most days which is hard but we have to hold on to hope that we will be well again like others are on this forum it will just be a slow and steady thing I think 

ReplyQuote
(@maximdsouza)

I'm fine now after having similar symptoms of dizziness. 

I took the first dose of the vaccine in the first week of June. I had chest pain immediately after taking the vaccine. For the next couple of days, I continued to have chest pain. I had silent reflux issues before, and the vaccine had possibly increased my acid reflux. 

After about 3 weeks, the acid reflux reduced. I went to both a cardiologist and an ENT to ensure I was doing OK. In the 4th week, I started experiencing dizziness. At first it was mild, but over the next 1 week, it increased substantially. I was dizzy the whole time. 

The ENT denied that the vaccine could have caused the problem and indicated that it was positional vertigo. He suggested home remedies which I have linked to here. I did them for 10 min in the morning and before sleep. In 2 weeks, my dizziness reduced. I'm not sure if the exercises helped or if it was just a short period during which my body recovered. The recovery was gradual and now, about 8 weeks after the vaccine I have no dizziness whatsoever.

Though the ENT disagreed that the vaccine caused the problem, the cardiologist mentioned that the human immune system can react to the vaccine. Sometimes your immune system fires up in unexpected ways which can cause certain inflammation internally(for me, it possibly caused something in the ear, which is responsible for body balance). But, this is not because of the vaccine itself. Your body would likely react the same way had you got Covid-19. So, staying away from the vaccine may not be the best idea. 

For all those who are worried, I'd recommend not stressing over it because stress is known to increase positional vertigo. For me, the worry of the future consequences of the vaccine was bothering me more than the dizziness itself. But, this is only a temporary problem and it will pass. How long it takes can vary from person to person. The dangers of Covid-19 are far bigger than temporary dizziness. 

Please note: I'm not a medical practitioner. I'm only sharing my experience with the exact same problem.

Hope you all get well soon. 

Regards,

Maxim Dsouza, Productive Club

Jen, LPV, Covid vaccine side effects and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shyandretiring)

Hi,

I’ll add my story below but I wonder if anyone can help by pointing me to posts in this thread with the best / most comprehensive summaries of vitamin & other treatment protocols people have found useful? I’ve been scrolling through but but there is so much & right now screens make me feel terrible!

short version - had AZ vaccine both doses, am 48 year old British female, had vertigo / dizziness once before in my life - about 2 years ago. Am feeling very debilitated with it now. Worse for low atmospheric pressure, tiredness, dehydration, head movement, screens. And (I think) sugar. 

The world feels swirly, my balance is off (like my brain is slow to catch up with where I am, especially when I move my head). my head feels full, fuzzy and achy, so it’s very difficult to concentrate on anything. I have very little energy (am normally quite active),
looking at screens makes me feel worse.

Long version 

had AZ jab 1 in April, no initial side effects aside from a headache that night and achy arm for a while. Periods did go weird but I wasn’t too worried about that (seems to have rectified and might have been partly age).

about 2 weeks after first jab, out of the blue, I woke up feeling extremely dizzy, like everything was swirling / I’d just got off fairground ride. Felt kinda sick and headachy. Lasted all day but started to ease a lot by the next day. For following few weeks I had fleeting dizzy moments but they gradually stopped. I didn’t associate this with the vaccine at all. The episode coincided with a big drop in atmospheric pressure, and a day when my blood sugar had probably been v low (long walk in hot weather on empty stomach). And I’d had something similar - though not as extreme - once before, so I guessed it might be some minor virus + exerbatibg factors causing labyrthitis / some other vestibular issue

in late June I had jab 2

i was not able to take it easy afterwards - life has been full-on and quite stressful the last month and my diet etc hasn’t been the best, family bereavement, lots of travel, etc

Within a day or two the intermittent dizzy moments started recurring. But it was more annoying / disconcerting than hugely debilitating 

but around a week ago - again coinciding with a big drop in atmospheric pressure, I was out and suddenly started feeling so weird, dizzy, sick, headcahey, had to sit down and rest, felt like that for a day or two, thought it was getting better / maybe a migraine (though I don’t really get those)

a week later and it’s not better

i know this isn’t long but I really want to look after myself

trying not to panic that this is a long term thing

trying to see it as a wake up call that I need to look after my body better - my partner is diabetic and though I am slim we could both improve our health I think

indeed I have some training in herbalism but right now I am struggling to think straight 

all supplement / diet / lifestyle advice welcome 

ReplyQuote
(@estonia)

Hi everybody 🙂

I am from Estonia. And also having the unpleasant side effects from my first (and only) Pfizer jaw on 2th June. So it´s been 8 and half weeks now.

Immediately after the shot, I started having side effects. Dizziness, brain fog, severe tiredness, feeling faint. Within a week, these symptoms disappeared and the condition improved slightly.

Then, after a few days new symptom’s arrived, a slight numbness of the left leg, slight pain in the leg, and heaviness increased also anxiety. This condition lasted for about 3-5 weeks after the injection.

The symptoms then seemed to improve for about 2 weeks.

Then there was a relapse again around 7 weeks.  With new symptoms.

Today, 8 weeks have passed since the vaccine and I have the following symptoms: ear pressure (from time to time), hand and foot muscle and joint pain, muscle twitching, difficulty sleeping, every now and then also dizziness (luckily very mild and very often).

I live in Estonia and no doctor here believes that I have these symptoms from the vaccine. 

I have done so much research and I don't know what to believe anymore. Some say that it will most likely pass but it needs time, some more than others. And also some doctors/articles refer that you have to treat this like a Long-Haul Covid and take a variety of meds. 

Ps! Sorry for my poor English! 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Page 423 / 1151