Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@tcliffor80)

@sara123 o now on 6 weeks it is improving but really slowly some days are better than others I just hope it goes soon 

ReplyQuote
 ddh
(@ddh21)

@sajlent Thank you very much for your reply and information. It was also good to hear that you are not so far experiencing adverse effects from the second Sinopharm. Take care.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @tabby
Posted by: @thenystagmus

@tabby PS ...I didn't mean you should already know ...I meant I should tell you so you'll know 😏

No probs, I understand. Are you continuing to make good progress?

I'm staying at about 95% recovery recently, unless weather changes associated with storms throw me back into some symptoms. It will be interesting to see how I do tonight, since we're predicted to have a big temperature drop overnight.

That said, like you, I also have visual issues I eventually need to address. I think I'll wait until next spring when my spouse finishes a job and gets moved here before trying to have the cataract surgery I was ready for when this all started. That way I'll have a year gone by since I got vaccinated to see what recovery I might have and get stable. I don't know what may be from cataracts I already had and what may have been added from having the Moderna vaccine. I do ok driving during the day, but I've quit driving at night because my night vision has gotten to be really terrible.

I hope you've had a better day! 😌🙏

Tabby and Tabby reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anonym2)

@tabby 

Hi Tabby, thanks for sharing your experience and I sincerely hope that you start feeling better and normal in the coming days. After 4months after taking the 1st shot, I have now started having  reasonable days at a stretch. most of my symptoms are aggravated when i work on PC for longer hours. On weekends they are much much better when i am off PC/phone. symptoms include tightness in back of neck, tightness in back of neck, giddiness associated with hand motion etc. they are much milder as compared to say, day 3 of vaccination, but have not completely gone away. giddiness just lingers around. one physician said consider taking the 2nd shot and we can deal with symptoms later, while another said it may not be recommended. since there is not much data on our type of cases, I  have still not made up my mind fully. Physical therapy and neck/core exercises also seems to help. 

Did your physicians advise any tests of medications ? 

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @jeank

@thenystagmus Either I worry about my symptoms and double check every horrible (social) media story so that I don't adopt a million afflictions OR I utilise my time and nag everyone to get a holistic, comprehensive treatment.

I think I will resent their retort "it's just stress, try to relax" so much that it will become a rage trigger for years to come. If nothing else, I'll get a complete, and I mean complete, physical examination before I'm 30.

Well, having had this to deal with for 6 months now, I've run a wide gauntlet of mental and emotional responses. Shocked, bewildered, angry, ready to battle... You know the deal. I don't want to just accept my injury as no big deal (it IS!) and I don't want to get depressed.

I can only take each response for a while, then I seem to need to shift into a different one. I'd rather not get stuck in my rage and resentment, so an alternative that's currently helpful for me is to pity those that can't seem to afford to recognize that there are those injured by these vaccines.

It's harder when it's someone that I'm in a relationship that's important to me. When I find out it's a problem, I try to continue to speak my truth as dispassionately as I can, but then try to not let it define our whole relationship or cause overwhelming feelings between us. That can be tricky, and it's not all up to me. Then, sometimes it becomes a topic that we talk about as little as possible.

I wish you the best in sorting through and processing the waves of responses. They are valid and can be destructive or productive in our lives. Again, I'm so glad and thankful for the responses you got when testing the waters of getting into therapy. Such a springboard of potential health you've been given, and we through your sharing! 👍😏🙏

PfizerVictim, Jean, Tabby and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @tabby

@tabby PS ...I didn't mean you should already know ...I meant I should tell you so you'll know 😏

No probs, I understand. Are you continuing to make good progress?

I'm staying at about 95% recovery recently, unless weather changes associated with storms throw me back into some symptoms. It will be interesting to see how I do tonight, since we're predicted to have a big temperature drop overnight.

That said, like you, I also have visual issues I eventually need to address. I think I'll wait until next spring when my spouse finishes a job and gets moved here before trying to have the cataract surgery I was ready for when this all started. That way I'll have a year gone by since I got vaccinated to see what recovery I might have and get stable. I don't know what may be from cataracts I already had and what may have been added from having the Moderna vaccine. I do ok driving during the day, but I've quit driving at night because my night vision has gotten to be really terrible.

I hope you've had a better day! 😌🙏

Hi, Sassafras, it's good to hear you're doing so well. Like you say, it's probably a good idea to put off eye surgery until you stabilise because I too have been wondering whether these eye issues are just another phase I'm going through from the vaccine and will resolve itself with time. Hopefully the optician will give me more of an insight into what is going on, he came recommended by a retired GP golfing mate of my hubby's. I haven't driven get but yearn to, I don't think I would want to drive at night though either. 

Today hasn't been great, muzzy headed, light headed on/off. How two days can be so different is beyond me. Always hoping tomorrow will be THE day🙏. 

Take care 🙏😊

Sassafras, Tingling/ Numbness, Sassafras and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
MemphisMel
(@memphismel)

@anonym2 Did you have neck problems before? I have had neck and shoulder problems for years but the shot definitely aggravated the problem.

ReplyQuote
(@courtneymchale2288)

@wynnwolter how have you been feeling lately? We’ve had a lot of the same Symptoms and it’s always so helpful to hear once someone has recovered they stay recovered! I’m 6 weeks since symptoms started 

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @anonym2

@tabby 

Hi Tabby, thanks for sharing your experience and I sincerely hope that you start feeling better and normal in the coming days.

THANKYOU

After 4months after taking the 1st shot, I have now started having  reasonable days at a stretch. most of my symptoms are aggravated when i work on PC for longer hours. On weekends they are much much better when i am off PC/phone. symptoms include tightness in back of neck, tightness in back of neck, giddiness associated with hand motion etc. they are much milder as compared to say, day 3 of vaccination, but have not completely gone away. giddiness just lingers around.

IT'S GOOD YOU'RE MAKING CONTINUED PROGRESS. COMPUTER WORK IS BOUND TO AGGRAVATE SYMPTOMS, PARTICULARLY DIZZINESS. ALSO, FORWARD HEAD POSTURE WEAKENS THE MUSCLES IN YOUR NECK WHICH CAN CAUSE NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN AND DIZZINESS. MY RHEUMATLOGIST TOLD ME THAT.

one physician said consider taking the 2nd shot and we can deal with symptoms later, while another said it may not be recommended. since there is not much data on our type of cases, I  have still not made up my mind fully. Physical therapy and neck/core exercises also seems to help. 

IF YOU HAVE FAITH IN YOUR DOCTOR TO CARRY OUT HIS WORD IN DEALING WITH ANY ISSUES LATER THEN GOOD. IT'S A DIFFICULT DECISION I KNOW.

Did your physicians advise any tests of medications ? 

NO TESTS, ONLY MEDICATIONS. ONE DOCTOR GAVE ME PROCHLORPERAZINE, MADE ME WORSE. ANOTHER SAID MULTI VITS AND IBUPROFEN, THE IBRUPROFEN SET OFF MY WORSE WEEKEND OF DIZZINESS, A THIRD DOCTOR SAID ANADIN, I TAKE THOSE FOR PAIN ANYWAY. THERE IS ONE DOCTOR LEFT AT MY SURGERY WHO I HAVEN'T APPROACHED YET. GETTING MY EYES CHECKED NEXT WEEK.

I HOPE ALL GOES WELL, WHATEVER YOU DECIDE. TAKE CARE.🙏😊

ReplyQuote
(@jazzy33)

@anonym2 i would not get the second

ReplyQuote
(@chulapepe)

Mental health is physical health. If you feel mentally unwell then something is wrong.

I also did some research on CBD and seems to have a positive effect on protecting neurons and nervous system. Is possible that long term excessive signalling causes blood vessels/heart/lung/physical cell damage and neural damage and Quercertin can reverse cell damage while CBD may protect or reverse neuron damage.

I have now started to feel tingling in my left fingers and gotten occassional red spots rashes on my body and face possibly my eczema from a few years ago came back. Has been almost 4 weeks now. Also I'm feeling odd pains in my body and joints. My right forearm arm has been sore for weeks now.  They should have taken more time to properly test this vaccine before rolling out. I think the actual list of side effects is way higher than they claim. They seem to pass a lot of side effects to other causes writing off the vaccine. But eventually they will have to acknowledge that is really the vaccine causing it.

Jean, dragonlover, Jean and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Jenn
(@jennscout1)

Excellent podcast with great information. Highly recommend listening to it. 

Zdoggmd on Facebook. Titled: Immunity is the answer. 

ReplyQuote
 Bill
(@bt)

I was diagnosed with RA in early 2019, and get brain fog w/lightheadedness from that on occasion.  I also had covid in July of 2020, which triggered the same brain fog symptoms w/lightheadedness afterwards which lasted for about five months.  That finally cleared and then I got my first and second doses of Moderna in March and April of 2021.  By May the brain fog and lightheadedness had returned and remains to this day, (9/7/21).  The symptoms (which come and go) include impaired cognition, balance problems, feeling unsteady, woozy and lightheaded (not full blown vertigo), full ears that I need to "pop" frequently, tension headaches on the sides of my head, pressure head aches and puffiness on the back of my head at the base of the skull, tinnitus in both ears, sensitivity to light, puffiness around my eyes, allergic shiners (black eyes), and oily skin for some reason?  The symptoms come in waves, like fog rolling in that settles for a couple hours or more and then again recedes.  When it's bad, it is very impairing.  Otherwise I still function okay.  Not great, but okay.  I sometimes pop a benadryl when it flares up, which sometimes helps a bit.  I also take an excedrin migraine for the headaches.  I take hydroxychloroquine and curcumin and fish oil for the RA, which might help combat the inflammation factor.  I was prescribed Augmentin for a presumed sinus infection which did nothing, and a few weeks later a medrol pak, which actually did take the edge off the woozy factor.  From what I've read the vaccine (like the virus) can impact the vestibular nerve, causing neuritis or some similar impairment.  For me these brain fog symptoms can linger for quite a while, many months, but eventually they have all cleared at some point.  I'm hoping that is the case once more.   I'm actually still content with my decision to get the vaccines, we just need more information to help with this side effect, which still seems to only affect a relatively small percentage of people. 

ReplyQuote
 Bill
(@bt)

@sadman85 Glad that you've found a solution!  We have similar stories.  I'm also 58 and have been through five months of post second shot moderna "fun".    I also had about five months of brain fog after my covid infection last July, 2020.  Hoping this all clears soon!  Good luck to you!

Scott D. and Scott D. reacted
ReplyQuote
(@larag)
Very Active Member

Hi again everyone.. I've been laying awake for 4 hours now.. these nights are the worst and I'm panicking and anxious so I've come on here... I'm having widespread twitching..  which I've had for weeks but it now seems to be in my head and face too... does anyone else have this... it's such a horrible sensation and I can't sleep and nothing will ease it. Not to mention I'm a single mum to a 3 year old who currently has a sickness bug so I NEED to function. Urghhh. I'm feeling very emotional for 3.30am! Help!

Lynne, Bill, Lynne and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 519 / 1151