2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@m6x47l)

Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @m6x47l
Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @m6x47l

One week after getting the 2nd jab of Pfizer I get started feeling a little dizzy and slightly blurred vision and a touch
of nausea. That was Saturday .

Sunday I had to go to an urgent clinic. I had Nystagmus, severe vertigo, tons of pressure behind both ears. Nausea from the day before turned into vomiting. Could not walk without holding on to something.
I got a steroid shot and prednisone 50mg and 3 assorted vertigo and nausea scripts. 5 hours later that evening started getting relief with the steroids. Pressure was lessened behind the ears.

Today followed up with an experienced ENT. My symptoms were an 12 out of 10 on yesterday but were closer to a 4 out of 10 this morning when I went in for the visit.

Labyrinthitis causing Nystagmus, severe vertigo, accompanied with nausea and vomiting.
She said steroids/prednisone working so quickly on it lead her to that diagnoses and not the crystals out of wack.
Ordered an MRI brain without contrast to be scheduled as a precaution due the severity of the vertigo and hearing in my left ear a good bit worse than my right after audiogram today. But I’ve had hearing loss in the left ear for years.

Pulled blood for Creatinine, Ser labs. Results came in good this afternoon.

I am 46 yes old and have had ZERO prior episodes of vertigo. Even with bad ear infections. So low and behold as I’m googling to find out what can be causing this I find over a 220 page thread pops up on here.
Yep….  this could be possibly be a side effect of the vaccine. Thanks to all that have contributed on this post. Without reading all the common experiences posted, I probably would have just waited it out for a week or so before seeking treatment. I sure am glad I didn’t.

Hi, and thank you so much for your sharing! Please do post updates!

Your symptoms after Covid vaccination sound quite familiar to me. I wish I had gotten more aggressive with seeking medical care quickly, as you did! Having had one episode of vertigo/nystagmus/vomiting 6 months prior to Covid vaccination that resolved overnight, I toughed it out alone this time for almost 2 weeks.

I'm usually not at all anxious to medicate myself for any-thing, but after doing research into advised helpful treatment, I was able to convince my PCP to prescribe a steroid - but only a short low-dose steroid taper (Medrol) later in my course, with which I did see a little benefit. I've seen it advised to have the more aggressive dosing of steroids, earlier on. So, I'm very interested to know how you do. And the results of your MRI. I'm aware of the possible side effects, but I'm still hopeful that a more aggressive steroid dosing might be indicated and prescribed for me down this road... I hope you recover well and soon!

Sorry I did not update sooner.  
Symptoms were gone within a week. First 5 days were the worst. 
ENT was not onboard with my thoughts on symptoms being related to the vaccine at first. On the follow up visit a week later, I mentioned it again. She raised her eyebrow and said that she did have a patient come in within the week after I saw her with the same symptoms and timing on the vaccine.
MRI showed no findings.
I am so glad I was able to get juiced up with steroids so close to the onset of the symptoms. Most clinics here have become very stingy on steroids due to COVID.

Hi, thanks for your response. Again, you were so fortunate to have intensive medical response of steroids given and to experience such a dramatically quick recovery. My MRI also showed nothing of concern. I did end up undergoing a second round of low dose steroid treatment after one of my subsequent relapses - both times only a Medrol pak, but I experienced some resolving of my symptoms both times. That was all I could talk my medical providers into trying, since they recoiled from the idea of more. I can only guess that a stronger dosage, sooner, would have benefited me more.

I can just see your doc raising her eyebrow as she put your case and another similar one together in her mind ...connecting the dots to be able to begin to start realizing the possibility that these were both vaccine induced symptomology. I have hope that if medical professionals will risk honesty, in time, an increasing number of them will also get that knowing raised eyebrow! 🤨

I am 100% positive the high dose of steroids knocked it out.

My ent was very reserved in putting a check in that box, but is much more educated in treating those cases such as mine that I experienced. 

I really cannot thank this thread enough for those that offered up such similar experiences to the episode that I had. 

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lili
(@lili23)
Very Active Member

Any one went for second dose please after dealing with shot1 ..?  My vision has drastically changed a lots of eye floaters I am only 41 not getting any help waiting to see an ophthalmologist but it's takes months in n meanwhile I cant do anything because of the passport thing I can't see my parents I can't go anywhere whith my kids really don't know what to do I am getting so itres that sometimes I am like I am going for 2 and want ever happen .please any one with vision. Probl ms share thank you .

ReplyQuote
 AT
(@akkangel)

You know, I am realizing what may be going on.  Has anyone researched what a lot of people with long Covid experience?  You will find MANY of the same symptoms.  I believe that we have all experienced a snippet of what they are experiencing with no end in sight.  Maybe the blessing is that this is awful, but it will end.  For so many struggling with long Covid, they may not have that same assurance.  Just a thought, and a little bit of perspective💜

PfizerVictim, Sassafras, PfizerVictim and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 ichi
(@ichi)

I'm currently on my 17th week post 2nd jab, thought to share my progress after a while. Long story short: see the graph of the main side-effects I have been dealing with in attachment (many of the short lasting and less important ones are not on the plot).

In short:

• Week 1-4: the worst.
  • Week 5: sudden ~20% overall improvement in one week.
  • Week 6-9: nothing changed.
  • Week 10: another sudden ~20% overall improvement in one week.
  • Week 11-14: improvements and relapses (roughy 4-5 day cycles of feeling a bit better and then back to the horrible phase).
  • Week 15: significant improvement regarding brain fog and dizziness - finally able to exercise and work without dying afterwards.

Started my Week 17 now. I have been exercising and working regularly over the past two weeks. However, pretty annoying tinnitus and insomnia is still there and hasn't improved much. Also something odd is going on with my eyes lately as they are injected quite often and I'm feeling some discomfort (though eye drops have been helpful). I'm glad that I can function better now, but can't cheer unless the other things have improved too.

I think the most important bit here is that improvements can happen in a short period of time instead of happening gradually. Hopefully that will happen with you as well who hasn't gone better for a long time.

LadyT, Quail444, PfizerVictim and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

I was elated reading the first paragraph of the abstract of this paper from a reputable ear issues clinic, since there were a number of patients showing up exhibiting symptoms following Covid vaccination like some of us have been dealing with. I was disappointed that they concluded no correlation. If I can, I want to read the paper in it's entirety. Nonetheless, it was encouraging ... we're NOT the only ones! 😏🙏

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34267103/

Beedub0710, KitKat, dragonlover and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gogreen)

Does anyone have really bad pressure behind their ears? Ugh. The dizziness has gone away but the pressure in my head in so intense.

ReplyQuote
(@kenny)

Hello,

just wondering if anyone mix their vaccine by taking sinovac as 2nd dose after bad side effects from Pfizer?

if so, care to share your experiences if it induce more side effects or not etc?

thank you!

ReplyQuote
(@nath7)
Very Active Member

@lau01 any tips to help? Been really struggling for just over 3 months 

LD and LD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@nath7)
Very Active Member

@lsado1212 very well said I was very much for taking the vaccine and you do t really worry about side affects because why would you, Thankyou it’s so hard to stay positive I have waves of being pure terrified that I will never get over this. It’s very challenging mentally but I am praying to god that we will start seeing improvements and make a recovery 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elena1690)

@lili23 I have problem with my vision too..I don't know what to do 

ReplyQuote
(@chulapepe)

@thenystagmus 

So far anyone that survives the vaccine doesn't get serious hospitalization from covid. At least that's what the data shows. You can still get sick just you not gonna get critical. Providing the data is correct. I'm more of a science guy no conspiracy stuff but I don't think they know everything. More data will be revealed over time that might show vaccine is not as safe or guaranteed as they initially claimed. There are some really serious vaccine side effects and some people have died or lost limbs from the vaccine mainly from clots but also. One older man died from microabcesses all over his body. Seems like vaccine causes microlesions in the body in addition to months of inflamation. You are guaranteed a high chance of moths long side effects. My roomate got inflamed lymph nodes 3 months after the vaccine. So random. He's thinking is something else because doesn't believe the vaccine has any side effects. We living in funny times playing with people's lives.  

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

@isismadec Yep! My husband works in a hospital and has told me that more of the COVID patients he is seeing are now double vaxxed rather than the unvaxxed elderly, sick and overweight sufferers at the beginning of the pandemic. I think they are known as "breakthrough cases" but by the sounds of how many breakthrough cases there are I am beginning to wonder just how effective these jabs really are?....

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chulapepe)

So guys it appears there's actually 3 major psychological and physiological side effets by location in the brain

1. pyramidal - dizness, loss of balance, headache, migraine, blurred vision

I have no idea about this one seems most people get this.  Some people seem to suggest magnesium and zinc as potentially useful. 

2. extrapyramidal - anxiety, twitching, involuntary movement, loss of motor control, fidgety, restless leg, feeling wired or restless

This is what I had. Avoid coffee, sugar and anything that's a super energizer.

You wanna calm yourself down. I drink a lot of calming teas like chamomille. I also drink like 1/4th of a cup of red wine + water it was helping me a bit calm down.

Being active doign stuff consumes your energy helps you relax. I was doing daily short runs helped me out a lot.  

Was also getting a hot bath before goign to sleep was mellowing me out hardcore so I could actually sleep at night. 

3. cardiovascular problems - heart palpitions, microclots, 

Drink a lot of water to avoid clots and improve circulation. Quercertin and blood thinners like red onion (has quercertin), garlic, cinnamon, turmeric might help with this. One thing that does help is keeping the blood moving daily mild exercise but no vigorous exericse it might make things worse. I think this might be caused by heart muscles being infected with the rna S1 antigens producing spike proteins. Unlucky. You might have a highly active lifestyle and the rna vaccine spread all over your body and some capsules landed on your heart causing inflamation on your heart. 

Vitamin C seems like an universal cure. The moment I was popping some C I was immediately feeling 3 times better. I would personally recommend probiotics and eating more organic/healthy /veggies /fruits/leafy greens keep it mellow on the heavy stuff. The moment I started eating probiotic organic yoghurt all my anxiety symptoms went down. 

Turmeric and Vitamin D also appear useful across the board. 

I hope you guys feel better!!

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by chulapepe

ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @larag

@lmkk me too. I've had this neck and backache constantly but it has got worse and now all my muscles ache like I've done a massive gym workout or something. It also feels like its my bones but they say its muscular. I did think spinal inflammation and mentioned this to the neuro but he palmed me off and said I will see you in 6 months but it should all pass.

So I'm kind of left just getting by day by day. I have a new irrational fear of taking any medication I'm prescribed and I just want to leave my body to do its own thing now really.

I hope this doesn't take years 😔💔

I've been telling people I feel like the pain is inside my bones and they look at me like I'm crazy! My muscles are also very achy and often warm and fuzzy in feeling. I wonder sometimes if it's caused by inflammation from reactive arthritis caused by our bodies immune response to the spike protein?

I've had reactive arthritis a couple of times in the past when I've had a very bad flu and gastroenteritis and it feels like the same thing only in all my body instead of just my knees and hands. I used ibuprofen to treat it in the past but I know exactly what you mean when you say you are reluctant to use even prescribed meds now. I'm currently trying to heal my body using natural products including pineapple , beetroot, turmeric and coconut water so my body has a chance to work on itself without being influenced by meds.

I am going to see a private doctor soon so I'm going to ask about this bone pain and back pains and see what he says. I will let you know if he says anything of interest.

LaraG and LaraG reacted
ReplyQuote
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @saragh

@markm90 I have floaters too, as well as headache and eye pain,  after getting the first dose of Pfizer and I'm worried if I get the second dose and they get worse. I don't know what to do! 🙁

I've had the eye pain too. Opticians couldn't find anything wrong with my eyes but after telling him about the pins and needles and dizziness after my first Pfizer jab he agreed it must be caused by the jab as well. Did you ever get the second Vax? Hope you are recovered since you wrote this post a while back.

ReplyQuote
Page 616 / 1151