Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
 AT
(@akkangel)

@quail444 I have actually read several people are 99% there, but it took months (like 6-8).  Inflammation will take time to resolve I guess, it just sucks

Quail444 and Quail444 reacted
ReplyQuote
 AT
(@akkangel)

@deedee um, I would say that’s a hard No!  Don’t do that to your poor body, that’s my opinion:(. 

AdmiralPupkin, dragonlover, Quail444 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Glen
(@glenb)
Very Active Member

@akkangel You might be on to something ,I have a hyper-active immune system with pollen allergies year around.

ReplyQuote
(@chulapepe)

@akkangel Based on research the vaccine's protective effects fade away after 6 months which is why you 2 get injections to extend the immunization period by forcing the body to stay in a permanent inflamatory state to keep production of antibodies at peak so you cannot get severely sick. The body wants to stop antibodies if infection is gone which is why you wanna get another shot and a booster to bring back body in inflamatory state keep production of antibodies high. I don't think the perotection is permanent . According to research the T lymphocite memory cells can remember the disease for months to a few years max then you need to be re-immunized. I assume evryone will need re-immunization every 6 months, every 1 year or every few years. Your body does remember the disease but not forever.  Is a temporary immunity lol. The virus also mutates so whatever your body remembers may no longer be useful anyway. Is better to be preventive healthy lifestyle , avoid getting the disease than using the vaccine imho. Vaccine's inflamation and spike protein can cause adverse effects so it kinda makes you sick for 2-3 months so you cannot get severely ill for a few years. The one thing vaccine does give you is 0% chance of severe covid hospitalization which is why I got it in the first place. That should last me maybe 1,2,3 years I don't know.  Is a trade off I guess.  

So most side effects should fade away in 2 -4 weeks  , 2 months or 6 months if you got severe side effects. 

I mostly do research on my own not an expert. Take all this with a grain of salt. 

This post was modified 3 years ago by chulapepe

ReplyQuote
Rosemary A
(@rosemarya89)

Hi everyone, 

I am a 32 year old female, very healthy from Australia. Got my first Pfizer vaccine on 12 Sep 2021 and the day after woke up with blurry vision in my left eye. That resolved over the course of the day, but floaters noted in left eye (one followed me around as I read, like a laser pointer.) The next day floaters developed in right eye too and they progressively got worse over the weekend. They're pretty stagnant now - I visited the optometrist the day after my vax (13 Sep) and she said "no issues - everything looks fine" - she could see the floaters but like everyone else has mentioned, they said it was part of aging. I am 32 with no history of eye issues. In fact, my eyes have been one of my best assets! Always the clearest vision and never any issues until post vax. I was also very sensitive to lights (screens) which comes and goes. On the Monday (17 Sep) went back to another optometrist and he said no issues again - that hopefully they will disappear over time. Then the following week (1 Oct) I went to the doc and got a referral to the opthamologist. He could see the clouds in my eyes, and prescribed me Flarex 0.1% eye drops. These are used for inflammation (my research tells me.) Four drops a day - they made my eyes a bit painful, but eye pressure still the same. I'm going back to the opthamologist this week for another check in. So far floaters haven't changed (almost a month.) I'm using Bromelain supplements and also eating 300 gms of pineapple/day. 

I'll let you know how things go. Please keep this thread going - I joined it just to share this! It gives me hope that I'm not the only one suffering these side effects and that I am not imagining this stuff! If there's a whatsapp group etc I'll be happy to join. Thanks for sharing your stories. Let's continue to encourage one another! 

Sassafras and Sassafras reacted
ReplyQuote
Quail444
(@quail444)

@akkangel Thank you for letting me know! If there's an end in site, even if it's 6 to 8 months, then that's still excellent news compared to forever.

PfizerVictim, Covid vaccine, PfizerVictim and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lili
(@lili23)
Very Active Member

@deedee please I am exactly looking for the same help I had my first shot in June went through a lot sacred to go for shot2 want va.. you had please and thank you 

ReplyQuote
Quail444
(@quail444)

@glenb All of my labs came back normal, too. No signs of inflammation even with months of all-over severe joint pain and constant vertigo/dizziness with ear fullness. So bizarre.

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@opheas)

@akkangel I’m with you. When the mandate came down at my work I researched all vaccines and J&J was a good choice for me. I’ve also had the side effects but as with you, not as terrible as I’ve read so for that I’m very grateful. Still it’s been a rough 6 weeks. The biggest surprise for me was the intensity of the anxiety. I’ve struggled with it for years but this was off the charts. This entire thing completely sucks and my heart is sad for everyone suffering needlessly. I hope you’re feeling better!

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @twitch

@thenystagmus

https://www.abc15.com/news/local-news/investigations/ua-professor-examines-possible-link-between-covid-19-vaccine-and-tinnitus

Thank you for your link to this interesting article, but I didn't find information related to how to contact this researcher that is collecting information on post-Covid vaccination tinnitus onset. A number of us here could offer pertinent data for that!

- Sassafras

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@isismadec)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @chulapepe

@akkangel  The one thing vaccine does give you is 0% chance of severe covid hospitalization which is why I got it in the first place.  

Less chance perhaps, but not zero chance.  Vaxxed people can and are becoming severely ill and dying.   

Quail444, jacquelyn sauriol, didigo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @m6x47l
Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @m6x47l

One week after getting the 2nd jab of Pfizer I get started feeling a little dizzy and slightly blurred vision and a touch
of nausea. That was Saturday .

Sunday I had to go to an urgent clinic. I had Nystagmus, severe vertigo, tons of pressure behind both ears. Nausea from the day before turned into vomiting. Could not walk without holding on to something.
I got a steroid shot and prednisone 50mg and 3 assorted vertigo and nausea scripts. 5 hours later that evening started getting relief with the steroids. Pressure was lessened behind the ears.

Today followed up with an experienced ENT. My symptoms were an 12 out of 10 on yesterday but were closer to a 4 out of 10 this morning when I went in for the visit.

Labyrinthitis causing Nystagmus, severe vertigo, accompanied with nausea and vomiting.
She said steroids/prednisone working so quickly on it lead her to that diagnoses and not the crystals out of wack.
Ordered an MRI brain without contrast to be scheduled as a precaution due the severity of the vertigo and hearing in my left ear a good bit worse than my right after audiogram today. But I’ve had hearing loss in the left ear for years.

Pulled blood for Creatinine, Ser labs. Results came in good this afternoon.

I am 46 yes old and have had ZERO prior episodes of vertigo. Even with bad ear infections. So low and behold as I’m googling to find out what can be causing this I find over a 220 page thread pops up on here.
Yep….  this could be possibly be a side effect of the vaccine. Thanks to all that have contributed on this post. Without reading all the common experiences posted, I probably would have just waited it out for a week or so before seeking treatment. I sure am glad I didn’t.

Hi, and thank you so much for your sharing! Please do post updates!

Your symptoms after Covid vaccination sound quite familiar to me. I wish I had gotten more aggressive with seeking medical care quickly, as you did! Having had one episode of vertigo/nystagmus/vomiting 6 months prior to Covid vaccination that resolved overnight, I toughed it out alone this time for almost 2 weeks.

I'm usually not at all anxious to medicate myself for any-thing, but after doing research into advised helpful treatment, I was able to convince my PCP to prescribe a steroid - but only a short low-dose steroid taper (Medrol) later in my course, with which I did see a little benefit. I've seen it advised to have the more aggressive dosing of steroids, earlier on. So, I'm very interested to know how you do. And the results of your MRI. I'm aware of the possible side effects, but I'm still hopeful that a more aggressive steroid dosing might be indicated and prescribed for me down this road... I hope you recover well and soon!

Sorry I did not update sooner.  
Symptoms were gone within a week. First 5 days were the worst. 
ENT was not onboard with my thoughts on symptoms being related to the vaccine at first. On the follow up visit a week later, I mentioned it again. She raised her eyebrow and said that she did have a patient come in within the week after I saw her with the same symptoms and timing on the vaccine.
MRI showed no findings.
I am so glad I was able to get juiced up with steroids so close to the onset of the symptoms. Most clinics here have become very stingy on steroids due to COVID.

Hi, thanks for your response. Again, you were so fortunate to have intensive medical response of steroids given and to experience such a dramatically quick recovery. My MRI also showed nothing of concern. I did end up undergoing a second round of low dose steroid treatment after one of my subsequent relapses - both times only a Medrol pak, but I experienced some resolving of my symptoms both times. That was all I could talk my medical providers into trying, since they recoiled from the idea of more. I can only guess that a stronger dosage, sooner, would have benefited me more.

I can just see your doc raising her eyebrow as she put your case and another similar one together in her mind ...connecting the dots to be able to begin to start realizing the possibility that these were both vaccine induced symptomology. I have hope that if medical professionals will risk honesty, in time, an increasing number of them will also get that knowing raised eyebrow! 🤨

ReplyQuote
 LD
(@lsado1212)

@nath7 I am terrified of getting the second vaccine as I feel the pressure to. Society is not fair and god bless anyone who has had any sort of reaction to vaccines, it's sad we are not allowed to talk about them openly as they get taken down. Remember you are not alone. Try to stay positive and always follow your gut <3 Natural anti-inflammations are the best, Dandelion, Turmeric, garlic, ginger, detox teas! Any sort of detox programme. When I was in A&E with side effects, in the end I was given migraine tablets, etc, they are still in my draw.... Not going near them. I honestly wish I had followed my gut before getting vaccine. I am not anti-vaxer, but I believe everyone is different and reacts differently to certain meds, injections etc. Stay safe everyone. Even if you are fully vaccinated, stay safe.

Quail444, jacquelyn sauriol, Nath7 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @deedee

@thenystagmus how are you doing now with your symptoms??

Hi Dee, Thanks for asking! I've been so much better that I risked a vacation that involved air travel! I did feel some minor sinus pressure on my affected side upon one landing, but I did fine other than that. I took several weeks off from reading posts here and just finished catching up on about 50 pages today.

I'm nearing the end of 3+ months of weekly vestibular therapy sessions and I've been doing vestibular exercises daily. Along with my body doing what it's been able to in recovering from the vaccine injury I suffered in March, I believe doing the vestibular PT has given me the 90/95% recovery I now have most days.

Earlier today I thought I was being affected by a sore throat I started having Friday evening. But then I remembered that fall finally arrived here overnight and an unsettled weather system moved in to my locale today. This is the one thing that seems to still trigger an increase of my vestibular symptoms. As soon as the first wave of thunderstorms passed today, I felt some relief and I know from experience that I can expect to return to my new normal fairly quickly.

Soooo much better than the first few months after I was hit with this! At the beginning it was incredibly disabling, and as time went on and others were recovering, I began to think I might never get better. By comparison, a rather tamed beastie now!

I hope the same for you and for us all! 😏🙏

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Oh, and I'd rather risk Covid infection than going anywhere near any more of these beastly vaccines! 😲

Nooosiree, never again! 🤨

I've had more than enough to last my entire remaining lifetime!! 🧐

Quail444, gingerj, didigo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 615 / 1151