2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
KitKat
(@lmkk)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @katie

Hi Everyone!

So I came here recently to report that after 8 months I was pretty much back to normal. Unfortunately now I am having a pretty bad relapse with my dizziness and headaches over the last week. I just cannot believe this keeps happening and I’m so sad about it. 8 months is so long to be dealing with all of this and I just want my old life back. I also recently had a neurology appointment and was basically told (face to face) that it’s migraine associated dizziness. My neurologist side-stepped the vaccine conversation in person but wrote in my electronic chart that my PCP “could consider exempting her from future vaccine mandates on the basis of the severity and disabling nature of her symptoms which were temporarily related to the vaccine.” It’s annoying that no one will come out and admit it but I guess it’s at least some level of validation. No mention of any treatment options or whether or not this will go away. Ugh, feeling so defeated. 

I'm so sorry to hear of your relapse. Has anything happened recently that could have caused it? A bout of cold no matter how mild?

Just asking because every time I feel I'm making a little progress I catch a cold and everything flares up again.

Have you consumed caffeine, alcohol or some heavy meals? A few people here have felt things flare up when they have consumed these things.

If you are in the UK have you considered the recent change to cold weather as a cause? My nerves in my teeth, face and hands have been going mad this week with the frosty mornings. 

It's super frustrating but I'm sure it will soon pass for you. 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@katie)

@jaydev55 

Thanks for replying. The relapse has been about a week long now. A few days have been more intense and the rest have been more mild. Unfortunately I’ve let my mind spiral a bit and I know the anxiety isn’t helping at all. It’s just hard to control. 

ReplyQuote
(@katie)

@lmkk 

Thank you for the reply. Yes, it seemed to be triggered by the weather change. The problem is that, once my symptoms are triggered, they take a long time to calm down. At this point, I can honestly handle a few dizzy spells here and there, but when it returns again, daily, for weeks it’s just so miserable. I’ve also let my mind spiral on this one and I know the anxiety is only prolonging it. It’s just so hard to control.  

ReplyQuote
(@jaydev55)

@katie So frustrating. I have a different scenario then most on here where I got the shot on April 8. Followed by three weeks of head pressure, twitching in my calves, and headaches. Fast forward three months with no issues and all the other symptoms started beginning August. So I am three months into the symptoms that everybody else has here. But I do feel progress, Thankfully. I don't know if I should consider these last three months a relapse or if it just took that long for my body to react.  

ReplyQuote
(@tabby)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @lmkk
Posted by: @tabby
Posted by: @thamollusk

Can anyone elaborate on their relapses? I had headaches and dizziness for a few months after my two vaccine shots and it all disappeared suddenly one day. I was all good for a few months and then I got a cold and it all came back. It’s been on and off for about a month since then. I was hoping to hear from others in regards to their relapses and hopefully learn more about this. Thanks for reading.

It's a weird thing, but I've relapsed since getting my eyes tested just over a month ago. Since then my headaches and dizziness have been worse and so has the brain fog. Today has been a little better, I started taking COQ10 yesterday (someone here mentioned that their pharmacist had side effects after the jab and took this, sorry to whoever it was, can't remember). Maybe it's just a coincidence but I've felt like doing more today. Best wishes.

Strange but true story...I had my eyes tested about a month ago too as I was experiencing sharp stabbing pains deep in the back of mainly my right eye. Flashing lights and occasional wobbly vision. Had OCT scan and eyes are in good health. Symptoms subsided after a week or so...now they are back in full force the last couple of days. Brain fog also back a little. Trying omega 3 fish oil to see if it helps.

My eyes were ok too apart from needing stronger lenses. I'm sure the eye examination triggered something though, my symptoms were that of vestibular migraine. Since taking COQ10 and a small dose of magnesium each night I have been feeling a little better. My brain fog seem to have eased along with the headaches and dizziness. I am doing more, taking my dog for walks and I've been shopping, something I couldn't have done a few weeks back. Walking outside feels a bit strange to begin with but the more I walk the better I feel. I have had moments of depersonalisation when I'm out but I take a few deep breaths and try to focus on what I'm doing and try not to let it worry me. It's strange how symptoms come and go, prior to taking the supplements I've mentioned, the past month had been the worst for me since the first jab.

Good luck with the Omega 3, I haven't tried it but I should have. I know it is recommended for people with anxiety but it also improves eye health. Your new symptoms will disappear again as before, I think all we can do is try to take care of ourselves and ride it out, and not allow it stress us out.🙏😊

ReplyQuote
 Jess
(@jess7)

Posted by: @dannyefc

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has serious health anxiety from there symptoms? I started off after my AZ 2nd jab. My vision subtly started changing and feeling weird. gradually got worse and stabilized whereby I just have a weird light headed/zoned out feeling. Its not a spinning room sensation as such. It does seem worse in unnatural/bright light but its always there. I've had all my bloods done twice and they came back fine, MRI was clear, ophthalmologist cannot see any issues and in fact said eye health was very good. This is all re assuring but the fact they cannot tell me the issue makes me so anxious as i'm searching for the cause. I'm 99% sure its the vaccine but that 1% says what if. 

This is honestly driving  me insane. I have over time had some of the other symptoms like ear fullness etc. They have actually diagnosed it as long Covid however I never had any of these issues after Covid, The GP said that the jab might have sparked a reaction. I think the only thing keeping me sane is this forum and knowing other people have very similar issues.

Same thing as you. Eyes have been checked and in good health. My eyes particularly the right feels odd. Keep having shaky vision and flashing  in my eye. How long did yours get worse before stabilizing? I'm 3.5 m out from first Pfizer vaccine.

Posted by: @dannyefc

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has serious health anxiety from there symptoms? I started off after my AZ 2nd jab. My vision subtly started changing and feeling weird. gradually got worse and stabilized whereby I just have a weird light headed/zoned out feeling. Its not a spinning room sensation as such. It does seem worse in unnatural/bright light but its always there. I've had all my bloods done twice and they came back fine, MRI was clear, ophthalmologist cannot see any issues and in fact said eye health was very good. This is all re assuring but the fact they cannot tell me the issue makes me so anxious as i'm searching for the cause. I'm 99% sure its the vaccine but that 1% says what if. 

This is honestly driving  me insane. I have over time had some of the other symptoms like ear fullness etc. They have actually diagnosed it as long Covid however I never had any of these issues after Covid, The GP said that the jab might have sparked a reaction. I think the only thing keeping me sane is this forum and knowing other people have very similar issues.

Same thing as you. Eyes have been checked and in good health. My eyes particularly the right feels odd. Keep having shaky vision and flashing  in my eye. How long did yours get worse before stabilizing? I'm 3.5 m out from first Pfizer vaccine.

Hey guys, I’m feeling the same as you with my vision since my first Pfizer vaccination over 2 months ago (still kinda early days for me). Sorry that you are both going through this, it’s not fun. It’s hard to focus on things for me and I feel like I’m wearing the wrong prescription glasses but I’m not. My vision just constantly feels so off and I definitely feel visually zoned out all the time. I’ve been to so many ophthalmologists, optometrists and a neurologist and got MRI & blood tests done - all clear. Nobody knows what to do which is really disheartening. Going to keep seeing if there’s anything else I can do that will help though if anything and will keep you guys posted. Let me know how your progress goes too. Wishing us all a speedy recovery! 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maddie628)

My 47 yr old son is experiencing all the symptoms of tingling numbness, vertigo,ears ringing,fatigue,brain fog,pressure in head, face vibrating,insomnia..all since 2 wks after second Pfizer shot.ALL tests within normal.MD’s don’t have anything more to offer. Have a chance to see a doctor who specializes in environmental illness, vaccine injury, mold illness,etc.. brain inflammation— it’s gonna be expensive, not covered by insurance.May involve using a neural retraining program, low dose naltrexone, supplements, a one hour a day program you do at home to retrain limbic system.. anyone here use any one like this or any programs like this??? Our son’s life is on hold. ALl normal activities down the toilet.No exercise, depression,etc. 

ReplyQuote
(@jmattos)

@lmkk Thank you for the response! I have been pretty "tinhat" for awhile ha! After I had my son 2 years ago I started looking into the ingredients of everything! Plus researching vaccines (since new baby=vaccines.) Due to all of my previous research I was hesitant to get this vaccine in the first place. Eventually I wore down and figured the protection was worth the risk. Then I had these terrible side effects...ugh. I am having more good days than bad days now, but it is still frustrating. Yesterday I had a bad dizzy spell for about an hour and that made me have anxiety. The anxiety comes from "did I make the right decision and am I going to live with these issues forever?" The head pressure comes and goes and is getting less and less. I was a bit worried I wasn't feeling babe moving much over the last few days but I just had an appointment and all is looking well! I started taking larger doses of Vit C and my other supplements, and trying my best to stay away from sugar and processed food (which I should be doing anyway, but pregnancy has been my excuse lately to eat bad!) It is harder when you are pregnant or breastfeeding because everyone blames your symptoms on "hormones" and I'm like...well I was fine for the last 7 months of "hormones", and not fine 12 hours after my shot so...I can assure you it's not my hormones. Plus, something medical professionals also seem to forget....we know our bodies! I've been living in this body my whole life...I know when something has disrupted it's homeostasis! Anyway, keep going with eliminating heavy metals etc, that was SO good for me when I started doing that! I will keep crossing my fingers that these side effects keep diminishing! Also, good luck with the breastfeeding, one of the hardest things I've ever done and every mama should be extra supported through that phase!

ReplyQuote
(@hopetofeelbetter)
Very Active Member

Did anyone take migraine medicine and it help the head pressure? I know this is not a migraine but I am desperate for some relief at this point. 

ReplyQuote
 Glen
(@glenb)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jaydev55

@glenb Hi there. Curious if you experienced anything that you would consider a relapse.  

Some days I feel really good and then the next would be a mild relapse of mild burning and crawling or mild numbness on my left leg .Most of my symptoms have pretty much gone but this is a complicated and uncharted path we are all on.  Seems subsequent relapses are not as severe as time goes on ,just hope the pattern continues as I am 7 months post 2nd Moderna (5.5 since symptoms began).  

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @thenystagmus
Posted by: @lpcarroll48

I took the first moderna covid vaccine shot of three October 7. I felt fatigued for the first few days. I expected it to stop after 5 to 7 days at most but it continued.  After a week the fatigue was still there and I had developed a headache. The head ache continued to intensify and on the 11th day after the vaccine I awoke to an extreme headache and a fever of 102.2. I went to the hospital and after many test the cause of the headache and fever was diagnosed with Viral meningitis caused by varicella-zoster virus (VZV), (the chicken pox for kids/ shingles for adults). I'm still undergoing treatment and things are getting better but it's just very odd that this happen right after the vaccine. Has anyone heard of anyone else having an adverse reaction similar to this??

Hello, Welcome, and thank you for sharing! Your post intrigued me and I couldn't quit tossing it about in my mind.

The past 8 months I've toyed with the idea that these inner ear issues a lot of us have had may be related to reactivation of latent varicella zoster virus for some of us. I decided to do a little research concerning your question and came across this report.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1201971221007670

If you view the PDF, you will get an opportunity to download it.

It appears that you are not the only one!

In the light of this information, I'm a bit surprised that your doctors haven't suggested there may be a relationship between your recent Covid vaccination and the VZV meningitis you were diagnosed with. Since you're still being treated for it, I wonder if you could share this paper with your doctors. I'd be very interested in their response to it, as I expect you would be also.

A few questions, if you don't mind sharing more... did you have a shingles rash? Did you have any other symptoms? Did you ever have chicken pox? Or shingles, prior to this? Have you had the chicken pox vaccine? Are you immunocompromised? Were you kept for a time in the hospital? What has been your treatment?

I'm very glad you're getting better! It must have been a hard thing to be going through! And I hope for your full and soon recovery! 😏🙏

Very interesting!

Strangely enough I had the oddest most random and painful spots appear on my body and face 4 days after my first Pfizer vaccine along with a bad headache.

They were so intensely itchy they would wake me up from sleeping. Nothing would help so I resorted to using an ice pack to numb them for a bit of relief. As they didn't respond to creams for insect bites I did wonder if I had mild chicken pox or shingles.

I still have pain where the spots were nearly 3 months after they went down.

I had chicken pox as a child but never had shingles.

Randomly just before the pandemic began last march there was suddenly lots of the more elderly colleagues in my work place coming down  with shingles. 

I found this article interesting:

https://www.healthline.com/health/adult-vaccines/shingles-and-covid#is-there-a-connection

Hi KitKat, Thank you for the link to that article. I do think this business of "when your immune system is compromised or distracted"

could be key to things a lot of us are going through. I think we have little idea how hard our bodies are working, every day of our lives, to keep invaders at bay, bacteria, viruses, funguses, etc. Then we get a vaccination and a bunch of our body's defences are called into action to respond to this "engineered threat" that's designed to teach our body to ward the real invader off, if and when we encounter it. Basically, we're fooling our body with the vaccine into mounting a defence.

Some people get off without much of a hitch going through this, but for most of us here that seems far from our reality.

Our hope is, that whatever has gone haywire for us, it will get sorted out eventually. 

Dee, Dee, Covid-19 Vaccine side effects and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Mina
(@mina)

Posted by: @sky0707

@mina I have the same issues. Please tell me it gets better. Its only been 2 months after 2nd shot for me and I just cant function each day dealing with this. When I feel like I cant breath I panic and pray I wont die. This is scary! I am so mad at myself for getting this vaccine. I pray this is not a life long disability. 

Hi, i'm 3.5 months after 2nd shot Pfizer and i'm improving slowly. Less panic attack and palpitations. My main issue now is acid reflux, swallowing trouble and loss weight. Stay strong. Wish you a full recovery🙏🏼

ReplyQuote
(@hopetofeelbetter)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @mina
Posted by: @sky0707

@mina I have the same issues. Please tell me it gets better. Its only been 2 months after 2nd shot for me and I just cant function each day dealing with this. When I feel like I cant breath I panic and pray I wont die. This is scary! I am so mad at myself for getting this vaccine. I pray this is not a life long disability. 

Hi, i'm 3.5 months after 2nd shot Pfizer and i'm improving slowly. Less panic attack and palpitations. My main issue now is acid reflux, swallowing trouble and loss weight. Stay strong. Wish you a full recovery🙏🏼

Have you tried pepcid for the acid reflux? 

ReplyQuote
 Mina
(@mina)

@hopetofeelbetter not yet, i will try

LadyT and LadyT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@aurelia)

For new people in this forum: please look into this ->

https://www.openpetition.de/petition/online/funding-for-bc-007-drug-against-long-covid-and-cfs-me

I really hope for all of us that this will be our solution.

Maybe you could write a comment in this petition that you have the same symptoms that long covid patients have. Hopefully politicians will help also us and not only long covid patients one day!  
All I desperately want is that we will be heard and not ignored!

ReplyQuote
Page 702 / 1151