Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@kaila03)

Hi there, I got my 1st dose of pfizer June 3rd 2021 and was fine. Then got my second pfizer July 14th 2021. 2 weeks after I developed a cold or something. I only had a stuffy nose and sneezing.. 4 or 5 days into it, I woke up and my neck really hurt, kinked it I believe. Then a few days later I developed symptoms like pins and needles, prickly feeling or like a radiating feeling.. kinda hard to explain. My hands will get really red and irritated and burn. My hands and feet sometimes get really itchy. I feel like my body is humming or vibrating.. my ears constantly feel like I'm under water or plugged.. I also have really bad headaches. I have troubles sleeping aswell, I have the odd random body jerks and lots of muscle twitching all over. I went and got bloodwork a bunch and all normal. I got a CT scan, all normal. I got an MRI and it was normal except they seen some inflammation in my face. They gave me nasal spray (which hasn't helped at all) I've had a funny feeling in my face since I got that cold.. assuming it would be the inflammation im feeling.. 4 months and I'm tired of all these sensations that are constant and no answers...

KitKat, LaraG, LadyT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@callie)

@simplicity2378 I’m sorry to hear this. I totally understand what you mean 😞 It’s really, really rough. I always feel dizzy even when im sat down looking at my phone. It’s just terrible. I saw an audiologist who said I may have it and has referred me to ENT where she said they will do further tests. It’s so difficult to keep the anxiety under control as I have so many other issues and this just adds to it. I am really hoping this will eventually go away. It’s good you are going to physical therapy.

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

@jkro I wish I did, but no, I don't. My guess (from reading recovery stories on this forum) is that as the number of antibodies in our system decrease, so, too, will the symptoms. For some, this could take three months; for others, it could take a year. There's many variables that seem to affect recovery time: Which vaccine and how many doses were received, individual immune system responses, etc. 

And no one would take this vaccine if they truly knew the adverse effects. This is why I rant so often (sorry!) about the FDA and CDC's complete and utter lack of transparency. If the vaccine insert read: "May cause six months or more of muscle twitching, brain inflammation, nerve and vestibular system damage, pericarditis and myocarditis, gastrointestinal inflammation and upset, heart palpitations, migraines, ocular damage, blood clots, extreme fatigue and/or weakness. . .", it'd be pulled from the market. Let's hope such a day comes.  

Kim H, Kim H, Jessie and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

@larag Thank you SO much for returning to share your recovery story. It means the world to all of us who are still in the "thick" of it. I'm thankful that you're feeling better. You're stronger for it! 

Plazervil2500, KitKat, Callie and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@simplicity2378)
Very Active Member

@callie sending healing thoughts your way! Let us know how it all goes. How long has it been since ur symptoms started? 

Callie and Callie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @rainyday

@jkro I wish I did, but no, I don't. My guess (from reading recovery stories on this forum) is that as the number of antibodies in our system decrease, so, too, will the symptoms. For some, this could take three months; for others, it could take a year. There's many variables that seem to affect recovery time: Which vaccine and how many doses were received, individual immune system responses, etc. 

And no one would take this vaccine if they truly knew the adverse effects. This is why I rant so often (sorry!) about the FDA and CDC's complete and utter lack of transparency. If the vaccine insert read: "May cause six months or more of muscle twitching, brain inflammation, nerve and vestibular system damage, pericarditis and myocarditis, gastrointestinal inflammation and upset, heart palpitations, migraines, ocular damage, blood clots, extreme fatigue and/or weakness. . .", it'd be pulled from the market. Let's hope such a day comes.  

Do you think it is the antibodies themselves or are we still producing spike proteins? Or maybe just inflammatory processes. I have done ESR and CRP a couple of times. ESR was mildly elevated once otherwise within normal limits.

I have seen others comment that if you don’t have systemic inflammation the inflammatory markers may not be elevated even with inflammation.

I think I am going to do intermittent fasting and see how that goes.

I agree FDA and CDC and the drug companies are complicit in the damage we have suffered. I know Pfizer is aware of my situation. If you are from the United States it’s important for everyone to call senators to insist there be a fund for research as to why this is happening. At the very least don’t be giving this poison to kids.

My 15 year old has covid now and he feels better than I do from the shot. He is more irritated he has to sit in his room and at home for 10 days than anything. He had a fever for a day and some nasal congestion so far. Hopefully it won’t be any long term issues. 

KitKat, Rainyday, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @rainyday

@nresearcher I've been thinking a lot about this, and I think you're right: Plasmapheresis may be a plausible solution. If there were some way to remove the antibodies from our system, I'm positive we'd find relief! 

I asked the immunologist I saw for steroids or plasmaphoresis and she said no. Also, after I told her all I have been through she told me at a another visit she gave these Pfizer shots to her kids? I’m like after I just told you what happened to me? It’s one thing if you didn’t know but I will not be giving any covid vaccines to my kids after what has happened to me. I think that is a testament to just how confusing all of this is. No one knows what to do….

KitKat, Rainyday, DrL and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@djmatera)
Very Active Member

@larag Everyone I mirror LaraG’s story in every way except I’m taking Propanolol and Clonazepam.  I’ve been holding out waiting until I’m 100% to share more details on my story and recovery but just wanted to chime in to give you all some hope.  Feel free to PM me if you want more details.  We’ll all get through this.  Stay strong.

Jessie, KitKat, LaraG and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hisrichess)
Very Active Member

Hi, i’m a 21 year old female and i’m 100% convinced that my issues i’ve been dealing with for the past two months are related to the vaccine. I was injected December 1st, my symptoms emerged as such;

First Shot - September 1st

• Sore Arm.
  • Fatigue. 

- The arm soreness was slight, but the fatigue was horrible. I was working as a bank teller and could barely get through the day. My coworkers were worried about me, along with my boss. They were all very accommodating to my issues because of our tight nit closeness. I ended up quitting after the second shot because things got MUCH WORSE. This was a month later..

Second Shot - October 1st

• Spike & Drops in Blood Pressure (76/86)
  • Feelings of being disconnected from reality and myself (depersonalization dissociation)
  • Only right leg muscle tightness & inability to walk
  • Horrible brain fog (gave someone $1,000 extra at work because of this, forgetting addresses and my name, stumbling over words) 
  • Tingling In Both Feet Still
  • Pressure on the right side of my head ONLY on the top
  • Pins and Needles in neck 
  • Right arm getting incredibly weak and red 
  • Diziness 
  • Tinnitus
  • Flashing lights in low lit places 

I didn’t think completely that the issues were related to the vaccine at this time. My family had history of diabetes so i thought it could be that (because of tingling in feet) Doctors wouldn’t test me for it. At this time I also didn’t know the dreadful vivid waves of tiredness I was having was my blood pressure dropping. I could literally feel the blood in my body slowing down, the only thing that ever helped when this happened was sitting down. I went to an ENT for diziness and ear issues, while I was there it dropped. This was when i tied issues together because I could see it on their BP machine. They were alarmed but doctor said I was fine even thought I didn’t feel so..Thankfully I didn’t die and was near a store for chocolate. I have bipolar disorder so I knew what anxiety induced symptoms felt like but these were worst and off feeling.

I saw a doctor about everything, multiple doctors actually. I had been to the ER about 4 times in one month. The final time I was there they didn’t even allow the doctor to see me, just gave me benadryl and two other medicines that worked for me temporarily. My primary doctor’s office kept pushing back my visit (think because of the vaccine related issue) so I went in person and got to see someone else. He told me I was too young for anything i’m experiencing to be happening. Gave me meclizine for diziness, but it made me have another panic attack the first pill i took so I stopped using it. 

October 28th-Now 

At this point I was distraught. I kept feeling like I was slowly dying. My mother had passed early on in march so there wasn’t really anyone for me to go to other than my grandma and aunt. Aunt thinks i’m hypochondriac, grandma is starting to come around. Both of their shots were fine. I quit my job and went to virginia with my grandma. 

The last week of october the feeling in my throat started to dissapear. I would swallow and feel nothing. I saw a doctor about this in virginia at the urgent care. Said he never heard anything i was experiencing & said that it could be related to my acid reflux. I took the medicine and it didn’t help. It went away eventually, but now that I know it’s related to this vaccine the bananas, fruits and kale that I had been eating were probably to blame for the dissapearance. During this time the tingling in my feet had dwindled but was still very consistent. Pain came along with the tingling and then eventually total numbness. 

I found the only thing really helping during that time was my hat. It took away the feeling of the tingling but then about 15 days ago, my face swelled up. I soundt nasaly also, so we went to the ER. Said it was a sinus infection, my right side of my throat was also swollen and still numb. I took two rounds of amoxicillin and nothing worked, eventually I got a CT scan of my sinuses done and guess what? No sinus issue..just swollen nasal passages and not on the side of my face that was swollen :)!!’!@/$;&2$3!!!

At this point, I had read alot of the issues going on in the thread and knew it was the vaccine. Everyone’s stories soundt way too similar to mine. Along with the CT scan of my sinuses, my brain and chest were also pictured. All clear, blood work all clear…everything clear. Which is a good thing, i just needed an explanation.

• Right side of my entire body is now completely numb. Some days the feeling comes back and others it doesn’t. 
  • Chest Pressure & Pain
  • Sinus & Face Pressure
  • Itchiness in face, arms and hands
  • Pins and needles in hands, legs and sometimes my hands 
  • Stomach spasms? 
  • Burping alot 
  • Eye floaters & Flashing Lights
  • Feels like something is stuck in my throat
  • Head pressure & tingling spreads sometimes
  • Cold/Heat Issues (I get really hot easily now)

The tingling in my head and feet is now almost gone, but every now and then it comes back. The issue now is the face pressure, muscle twitching and tiredness. I still have the derealization and connection with reality issue as well.

I recently strted taking vitamin c, zinc, b12 and magnesium to help. My body is sensitive to everything I find now, i get extremely tired 15-30 mins after taking them. They all seem to be helping some. Even though I did eat pretty well, I cut out some things and focused on leafy foods, fruits and lots of lots of tea. Everything seems to be helping and I’m honestly so irritated with myself for getting the shot. I knew that i shouldn’t of done it but for some reason I did lol. 

I’m going on my third month now and everything seems to be getting less and less vivid. I’m going to start intermittent fasting and doubling on my ginger & spinach intake. 

The biggest lesson I think we can take from all of this is to pay attention to our bodies. This shocked the hell out of me and I wasn’t even aware my body could do and produce some of the feelings I’m having. My body is literally attacking me. I think we are all experiencing this for a reason, and that’s all that really matters. Along with exposure to the fact of it happening so we can stop others from having the same issues.

Rainyday, KitKat, Callie and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hopetofeelbetter)
Very Active Member

@hisrichess im am interested in your gi issues many of us are struggling with that same feeling and are taking meds. Did you figure out what triggered your throat issues did it make you have chest pains? My gastric issues seem to be causing the right head side pressure and the chest pains. 

ReplyQuote
(@abby6)

Interesting article.I wonder if some of us had a greater reaction to the vaccine because we had been infected with Covid previously. I don’t know if I ever had Covid, but I guess it’s possible I was asymptotic. My husband is a physician and was working during the pandemic.

According to the article, people who have previously recovered from COVID-19 have a stronger immune response after being vaccinated than those who have never been infected.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02795-x

DrL, KitKat, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@courtneymchale2288)

@hisriches yes! I am planning to have weekly zooms if you email me I will get you in the zoom chat email 🙂 

[email protected] 

ReplyQuote
(@selvam)

Posted by: @floryeo

Hi any one here from Singapore? We would like to form a Whatsapp group to encourage one another.

Hi @floryeo,

I am from Singapore. 

ReplyQuote
 Bro
(@heybro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @lmkk
Posted by: @gloriam

@heybro 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/11/05/health/novavax-covid-19-vaccine-submit-data-plans-wellness/index.html

Just FYI. I don’t want to take a chance on another Pfizer. I personally have suffered enough. 

I've read the article on the link you posted...so Indonesia has authorised the emergency use of the Novavax vaccine...I'm going to be keeping an ear to the ground and listen out for reports of side effects if any coming out from Indonesia.

I'm desperately hoping that this vaccine is safer and produces less unwanted side effects than the ones currently available.

I'm so terrified of covid especially this new south African one but I'm equally terrified of having another mRNA vaccine after the damage my first Pfizer caused me.

If I can reclaim my health and get back to 100% better...and if the reports are true that the Novavax is milder then I think I'm going to get one. But given I have already had a Pfizer I might just have one Novavax instead of the recommended two.

I greatly encourage you to research the actual data and read a number of different news sources that have different perspectives so you can make the best personal choice for you.

Gloria M, dragonlover, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@angads)

@hisrichess Hey, please stay strong. After coming across this forum and the fact that a lot of us are in this together, it has given me immense hope that we'll all eventually be able to revert back to our normal lives. It has been a hard 3 months, but I'm sure we'll get through this.

Also, not to sound narcissistic and I'm sorry to hear that you're going through all this, but as someone who is just as young as you, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only young one is suffering through this. My friends think I'm weak and don't take care of my body because I'm the only one who is going through disturbing symptoms like these. At one point, I began to doubt myself and started questioning my own habits. I don't drink, smoke, do any sort of drugs, have never been on meds, I regularly exercise, and yet this inflammatory response has struck me so bad. 

ReplyQuote
Page 786 / 1151