Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @breanna19

I have been reading this forum since I started experiencing symptoms post vaccine in April 2021. After my first jab in March 2021, I started experiencing very intense vertigo that lasted several days. I did not make the connection at the time that it was related to the vaccine or I would've not taken the second dose the following month. After the second dose, I felt pins and needles, tingling ALL over my body. These were deliberating and lasted for weeks. I also experienced brain zaps, almost like an electric shock feeling that would happen randomly. I contacted my PCP and they did tons of different tests on me - blood tests, urine tests etc. All my results were considered normal. I returned to my PCP due to the pins and needles and brain zaps and they finally referred me to a neurologist in May 2021. My neurologist is amazing and told me first thing that he assumed it was related to the vaccine. I seriously had no idea that there was a connection until he said that. It was a blessing because it led me to the forum. This forum has seriously been the only place that makes me feel validated and makes me not feel crazy for all my new and reoccurring symptoms post vaccine. My neurologist ordered an MRI for me and prescribed me a steroid pack. That following week, I started to feel awful head pressure and the feeling of head fullness and almost like water trickling down my head. I also started getting extreme anxiety and panic attacks that would just randomly occur due to no apparent reason. My heart rate would increase dramatically and I would start sweating. It truly was unbearable. These new symptoms were terrifying and sent me to the ER. The ER doctors and nurses ran many different types of blood tests and urine tests and everything came up as normal. I underwent a full brain MRI with contrast and nothing seemed out out the ordinary. I went back to my neurologist and he prescribed me muscle relaxers and and another steroid pack because he noticed how stiff my neck was. He also referred me to physical therapy. I started going to PT over the summer and did at least two sessions every week for almost three months. It helped a little bit with the neck stiffness and head pressure, but unfortunately did not completely alleviate the pain. 

Unfortunately, I am still battling some major symptoms post vaccine. As of now, my constant symptoms are the head pressure, tension headaches, head fullness, ear fullness, random muscle spasms, brain fog, neck stiffness (my neck makes an awful cracking noise when I turn it), floaters and double vision in my left eye. I have noticed whenever I drive or am sitting down, it triggers these symptoms. I occasionally will have very strange head pain - almost like pins and needs in random places. I have noticed that most of the head pressure and pain is felt on the left side of my head by my left ear. I got both of my vaccine jabs on my left arm so it definitely adds up. I try to avoid driving (only to and from work) because it triggers my head pressure and fullness the most.

I just turned 26 and have had no major health issues in the past. I have dealt with mild vertigo episodes from time to time in my life from getting out of bed too fast etc, but nothing that compares to the symptoms that I am feeling now. This website truly is the only thing that keeps me positive right now. I have tried many of the supplements that have helped others, but unfortunately my symptoms seem to get worse when I try these. I use a neck massager that I ordered from Amazon each day for about 30 minutes which helps a little bit with the neck stiffness. Each day is a struggle for me and I am almost constantly thinking about my symptoms. I finally decided to post my story because it has been somewhat comforting to me when I read that someone else on here is struggling with similar symptoms. It has made me feel less alone and less isolated in my journey. I am hoping and praying that 2022 brings us some type of relief from these symptoms.

My symptoms are exactly like what you are experiencing. It is disheartening to hear that you are not better after all this time. It is extremely frustrating that there are people like you who are still having symptoms and others who have recovered after 3-8 months. It makes me wonder which side I will fall on (only 3 months out of vax). Has your neurologist said anything about if/when you will get better? I’m also curious how you felt after the steroids? I took some and felt better temporarily but all symptoms came back. Good luck with your recovery, I hope for a recovery soon!

DrL, KitKat, Breanna and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tennyson77

@jkro I've had a 9 day run of high dose steroids (90/90/90/60/60/60/30/30/30) at the beginning of October.  My symptoms almost all went away during the steroids, but as soon as I stopped them the symptoms slowly returned over a week.  So I definitely think it's inflammatory or immune system related, whatever is going on, since the steroids stopped.  I may try another run of steroids again soon, since I have pills left, just to see if it works any better 3 months after the initial run of steroids.

The good news is within two days of taking the steroids I feel almost back to my old self, even if it doesn't last.  That at least makes me feel better knowing it's not brain damage or something permanent, since the steroids make it go away rather quickly.

How is the second round of steroids going? Symptoms go away completely? Did they stay away? I’m debating about starting my next steroid pack soon.

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @sickofthis

@jkro I've had a 9 day run of high dose steroids (90/90/90/60/60/60/30/30/30) at the beginning of October.  My symptoms almost all went away during the steroids, but as soon as I stopped them the symptoms slowly returned over a week.  So I definitely think it's inflammatory or immune system related, whatever is going on, since the steroids stopped.  I may try another run of steroids again soon, since I have pills left, just to see if it works any better 3 months after the initial run of steroids.

The good news is within two days of taking the steroids I feel almost back to my old self, even if it doesn't last.  That at least makes me feel better knowing it's not brain damage or something permanent, since the steroids make it go away rather quickly.

How is the second round of steroids going? Symptoms go away completely? Did they stay away? I’m debating about starting my next steroid pack soon.

I just finished a small five day course.  I feel fine today, but let's see in a few days.  I'm hoping I'm near the end of this as I'm on 5.5 months now and I'm quite sick of it (as I'm sure a lot of the people here can relate).  My cardio is almost back up to 100%, it's just the vertigo and nausea that still hits me that needs to go.

DrL, Jessie, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@timstephens)

(Male – late 40s) I have been reading a number of the posts on here for a few months now and thought I would add my experience as it sounds very similar to what many people are suffering on here. I haven’t felt the same since I had my jab of AZ last June. I feel like a different person having experienced ‘brain fog’ and all the other cognitive issues that go with that; short term memory issues, recall, processing, perception, interpretation/judgement, recognition and concentration. I had a brain scan which as I expected showed no issues. I had all the blood tests and final Covid 19 antibody blood test which took months to get done and all came back ok with the final one stating that I had not had Covid 19 as a number of my early symptoms suggested long covid. The GP has tried to understand the issue but keeps coming back to the suggestion of stress and depression. I have told them I am not depressed but I have what I am calling ‘secondary stress’ from trying to live with this condition. I have described my brain as being ‘in distress’ not depressed as I wake very early in the morning as a result as I feel like my brain knows something is wrong so I it won’t allow me to relax and sleep. I know I need more sleep as sleeplessness can cause memory issues. Some of my friends and acquaintances ask how I am and listen but most don’t really understand, some don’t believe there to be a link. To be honest up to a point if I had not had any adverse reactions, I might have kept having jabs, however the suggested frequency being pushed now by the UK Gov is ridiculous. The GP referred me to a post covid clinic who after a number of issues made contact and took down my details in November and said my case would be referred to the next board meeting in December and they would be back in touch having given me a basic dementia type memory test. I got 12/15 which I was told was good, I said it wasn’t good it should be 100%.  It is all very frustrating for me and my family. I honestly don’t know what the future holds now. I am fed up of misplacing everything, wandering around looking for things I have apparently put somewhere without remembering and being unable to do basic things like read a book as I can’t remember previous chapters I am struggling to maintain the level of attention required for my job and get very tired trying to remember things, note things down and give the impression of being organised. I have had periods of sick leave and reduced hours. I find it very stressful trying to function. I really just want to be the person I used to be rather than someone with a blank mind. Way back in June I felt like something had changed permanently and over time this seems to be confirming my worst concern. I would like to have a more detailed assessment maybe with a neurologist but I don’t think my GP will authorise that having asked before. Not sure what is going to be next. That’s it really from my perspective. Good luck to all.

PCMN, DrL, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ethan318)

@jkro 

I saw an article in the New England Journal of medicine. Their finally stating that neurological effects can happen after the jab and doing research on that and myocarditis

ABBY6, Rainyday, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @ethan318

@jkro 

I saw an article in the New England Journal of medicine. Their finally stating that neurological effects can happen after the jab and doing research on that and myocarditis

What is the article title? 

ReplyQuote
(@ethan318)

Jessie and Jessie reacted
ReplyQuote
(@trev)

Posted by: @medee
Posted by: @trev
Posted by: @sara90

I am pretty much over all my other symptoms, but the only thing left lingering is head and eye pain. Does anyone have lingering head pain?If this head pain would go away I would be 100%.

Hi, is it more of a head/eye pressure or scalp pain? Im 6.5 months post vaccine and still get occasional head/eye pressure along with scalp pain. It’s much milder than it was though. 

it is head pressure and scalp pain with some heaviness. For a person who rarely ever had headaches this has become life altering. I use to be at the gym 7 days a week, now I barely go once a week since this started. 

Do you also have some poky pain in your head? 

Yes. That comes and goes but not as often as before. 

Do you have head pain?

Yes, I do. Mine is a sharp poky pain anywhere in my head.

Also some sort of pressure on the top on my head.

Do you have the same?

Also what were your other symptoms and for how long did you battle those?

Yes, I have the same head pain as you. My symptoms have been pain in the eyes, ears, head, arms, legs and chest. Fullness and pain in the ears. Numbness in my arms, hands, feet and legs. Shooting pain throughout the body. Waking up with left side of face numb(side I got shot on). Wave feeling in head. All this 2 months after second jab, so 4 months. Most everything has subsided except for head and ears.

Someone told me I should try to detox from the vaccine, so I have been taking some supplements the last few days. Felt a little better with the head this morning. I will let you know how it goes. 

Sara, Dee, Sara and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @ethan318

@jkro

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMcibr2113694

Thank you! Yes, I have read this and also talked over email with Dr Murphy who was a co author. I’m hoping they will do some research 

Dee, DrL, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @sara90

I am pretty much over all my other symptoms, but the only thing left lingering is head and eye pain. Does anyone have lingering head pain?If this head pain would go away I would be 100%.

Hi, is it more of a head/eye pressure or scalp pain? Im 6.5 months post vaccine and still get occasional head/eye pressure along with scalp pain. It’s much milder than it was though. 

it is head pressure and scalp pain with some heaviness. For a person who rarely ever had headaches this has become life altering. I use to be at the gym 7 days a week, now I barely go once a week since this started. 

Do you also have some poky pain in your head? 

Yes. That comes and goes but not as often as before. 

Do you have head pain?

Yes, I do. Mine is a sharp poky pain anywhere in my head.

Also some sort of pressure on the top on my head.

Do you have the same?

Also what were your other symptoms and for how long did you battle those?

Yes, I have the same head pain as you. My symptoms have been pain in the eyes, ears, head, arms, legs and chest. Fullness and pain in the ears. Numbness in my arms, hands, feet and legs. Shooting pain throughout the body. Waking up with left side of face numb(side I got shot on). Wave feeling in head. All this 2 months after second jab, so 4 months. Most everything has subsided except for head and ears.

Someone told me I should try to detox from the vaccine, so I have been taking some supplements the last few days. Felt a little better with the head this morning. I will let you know how it goes. 

So all the other symptoms have completely gone away, correct?

Sara and Sara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ethan318)

@jkro 

yeah same. My symptoms aren’t debilitating but it’s annoying having all this inflammation, muscle twitches, nerve pain, etc. I’ll never take the booster. I saw some of the countries with high jab rates have the highest Covid cases 🤔 

Justagirl14!!, Rainyday, KitKat and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Breanna
(@breanna19)

@sickofthis I find comfort knowing that I’m not the only one who feels this way. I am so sorry you’re dealing with this too! I am hoping your journey is not as long as mine. I actually did find relief from the head pressure and fullness after I took my first steroid pack. It was almost a month of feeling symptom free, but then unfortunately I relapsed in July and have pretty much felt the constant head/ear pressure and fullness ever since. I decided to take another round of steroids because of how successful they were for relieving my symptoms, but sadly the second round didn’t work because my symptoms did not go away. It is a struggle each day for me. I try my best to pretend like the symptoms are not there, but sometimes the pressure gets so intense that it’s all I can fixate on. I am hoping you find relief soon!

PCMN, DrL, Dee and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @sickofthis

I just finished a small five day course.  I feel fine today, but let's see in a few days.  I'm hoping I'm near the end of this as I'm on 5.5 months now and I'm quite sick of it (as I'm sure a lot of the people here can relate).  My cardio is almost back up to 100%, it's just the vertigo and nausea that still hits me that needs to go.

Please let me know how you feel in the upcoming days. Did you notice any heart racing or other symptoms when taking the steroids? Last time I took them they made my heart race, which is why I (somewhat) ended them early. I think I might start taking another round tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
(@trev)

@medee Yes. Only thing still bothering me are the head and ears. Eyes when I am on the computer too long.  I wear shades when I  am working on the computer. lol..crazy.

Dee and Dee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

I am again having the usual stressful day thinking about symptoms and whether recovery will happen or not. I told myself I was done regretting my decision to get the vaccine as it was what I thought was a safe and smart choice at the time. There is no way to change the past so I know I just have to get over it.

Anyways, there are so many people who have posted on earlier pages (1-500) and have not returned to this forum, maybe indicting recovery? There are people who have shared recovery stories after anywhere from 2-9+ months, and lots still suffering anywhere from 1-11 months post vaccine.

I am really trying to figure out what the people who have recovered have in common and I cannot seem to find anything. I am also trying to talk myself off the ledge per say that these symptoms wont be permanent or wont lead to some other diagnosis in the near future (brain disease, heart disease, cancer, etc.). 

Any hope would be appreciated now, maybe limit the negativity in your response as I am still hanging on to some small nuggets of positivity.

PCMN, KitKat, Dee and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 869 / 1151