Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@elallen17)

@yjjy I don’t get frequent colds but when I was sick (pretty mild like you only a day or two where I was run down) a few days later my dizziness/tinnitus/headaches flared up! I was doing pretty good, a few months of either no or very mild symptoms, then I got sick and now I feel like I’m going through this nightmare all over again. I did just order Vertigone on Amazon. It arrives Wednesday so I’m hoping this will help with the dizziness and vertigo 

KitKat, Barb, KitKat and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lookingforanswers)
Very Active Member

@tone some of my symptoms have subsided but I still suffer with a lot. The worst being the insomnia. I also get hot often through out the day and then I’ll be almost freezing. It’s crazy. My anxiety through all of this is the worst, but who wouldn’t be anxious not knowing what tomorrow will bring. I feel flushed and hot all through the night which wakes me up. I eat twice as much as I used too and still can’t put weight on. 😔 some times sad to say I feel hopeless but we have to keep on believing that we will get better in time. My thoughts and prayers are with all of us. 

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
 Lena
(@yjjy)

@elallen17 

The good thing I guess is that my flare-ups weren't nearly as bad as when my Vax symptoms were at its worst... Hopefully it subsides soon 

Cary L, Barb, Cary L and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@rainyday)
Very Active Member

For those that haven't already, PLEASE e-mail the acting commissioner for the FDA, Dr. Janet Woodcock. This is her e-mail:

[email protected]

If enough of us detail our adverse effects from the vaccine, they may be forced into addressing them. I e-mailed her last month and received a response. Many others have, too. This is very important. 

KitKat, DrL, Barb and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chesca17)

To anyone reading this I hope my comment can help someone or bring some comfort. 
I had my Pfizer booster on 22nd Dec and was totally fine for 2 weeks. Then on 10th Jan I started with this sunburn feeling in my skin and tingling but no rash. It took me a day or two to twig that it was the booster vaccine. Cutting a long story short I have been suffering with burning nerve pain for 8 weeks and tingling in my upper back and chest, soles of my feet, right calf and sometimes in my fingers and shoulders and it has finally gone!  I felt hopeless for almost 2 months reading through these comments in this forum for hours over several weeks looking for some words of comfort that it will go. 2 weeks ago the pain reached its peak and I went to the doctors. They prescribed me gabapentin but to be honest I didn’t want to take them if I could help it as I didn’t want to be on a tablet I have to ween off. So I started doing my research into homeopathic remedies to see if I could go down a natural/herbal route and not prescription tablets. I found a homeopathic remedy through my research called Hypericum 30 by weleda and I bought it from Holland and Barrett but you can buy it on Amazon too. 
I only started taking this tablet on Thursday (it’s now Sunday) and by Friday/Saturday my nerve pain was pretty much gone! Now, yes it could be a coincidence as some people’s side effects went after 8 weeks and so that could’ve been my 8 weeks suffering but the pain was still really quite bad up until I started taking the hypericum. When I researched hypericum it said it was good for burning nerves so I don’t really think it’s a coincidence. 
As well as the nerve pain I had covid toe from the booster so randomly two of my toes and heels and soles of my feet Would go red and warm and then within an hour it was gone again. I had that side effect on and off for about 5 weeks. I’ve never had covid so I know all this is from the vaccine.  
there is one side effect I’m still suffering with that I’ve had for the full 8 weeks and still ongoing and that’s an achey right leg. My groin and behind my knee ache as if I’ve been walking all day. It feels slightly heavy but no shooting pains and I can walk on it as normal just aches. I’m hoping this will go in another 5-6 weeks. 
anyway I just wanted to leave my story here as I’ve spent weeks so upset and helpless and scared that I would have this burning nerve pain forever or that I’d developed a nerve illness long term from the vaccine but after 8 weeks of hell I can happily say it’s gone. 
we all will recover in time I think, just that each persons time frame is different. Some people have side effects for days, a few weeks and some a few months or slightly longer but I do feel we all will recover. 
I certainly won’t be having any more boosters if the uk government ask people to get them and if it becomes compulsory I’ll be requesting medical exemption. 
I highly recommend doing your own homeopathic research, I’ve also been taking vitamin b12 for about a week but it was the hypericum I’ve noticed the difference with. 

Buzzgirl, DrL, Barb and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeangrey)

@sunrise thank you - I have definitely been on low histamine diet ever since the vaccine reaction as anything such as capsicum or caffeine exacerbated my condition. Also have had to give up almond milk and nuts which I have consuming for over five years as have developed anaphylaxis 🙁 as well… 

KitKat and KitKat reacted
ReplyQuote
(@erika)

@lmkk hi do you think the snow vision that you have is caused by covid19 vaccine? Did your eye problem fully resolve? Thanks.

Romeo, KitKat, Callie and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@watis)
Very Active Member

Hi All, 

it is now one month since my first Moderna shoot. I really really regret ist and am still angry with me.

The first 3 days were very bad with so many different symptoms, I can no count of. Then the next 2 -3 days were ok and then on 7th day everything started again. I had horrible heart palpitations 100-120 while lying. All the time I was hot (but no fiever). In the night I had hot flushs and my whole body felt like burning and very hot, following by shivers. This hot flushs & shivers took mostly from midnight till 7-8 o'clock in the morning.

Apart from this I had pressure/pain in the temples, migrine like headaches in the front part of the head and behind the eyes, insomina and pain in the chest, mostly on the side of my heart.

Also swollen burning lymph nodes under the armpits I notice few times a day, zero appetite, weigh loss & Brain fog and a generally unwell feeling were my symptoms of this days till End of week 3.

Since End of week 3 at least my isomina is gone and my chestpains are also far better. The pressure and headaches on my temples and forehead are also nearly gone.

BUt no idea, if this is beacuse I am taking 2,5 mg Prednisolon every morning. NO idea?!

Since 4 days also the nightly hot flushs and msot of the shivers are gone too! Still the body feels most of time hot, but at least since few days no more horrible hot flushs.

Really thank God some symptoms are gone. Btw as soo as I tested this mdeciaments (Promethazin, citalopram, opripramol) my sypmtoms started to get more active & worse.

Did anyone else made th same experiment with this medicaments or with antidepressiva in general?

I take as supplements: 400 mg Vitamin C, 20 mg Zink, 600 mg NAC, 500 mg Magnesium, and 800myco Vitamin D

But my very biggest worry right now is my insane anxiety. I really think 24/7, that I am going to die. I am not able to think of somethingelse. Even right now that I take 1,5 mg Tavor daily,

it is still very very hard for me to focus on anything else than my anixety and that I will soon die.

I mostly torment myself through the day till I can go to sleep. (Sleep now with lesser symspoms is at least for me ok manageable). But I really think from day to day.

How do you guys manage this insane anxiety? Are there any tricks that I can use.

Another question is, when did your appetite come back. As I said I had 3 weeks of a very bad isomina, then it was gone. (still no idead if the Prednisolon helped there).

I have in 2 days an appointment with an neurologist and in one week with my usual doctor.

Did anyone of you know if a bloodtransfusion can help in our cases?

Many thanks for this forum and I hope We all get well as soon as possible!

This post was modified 2 years ago by watiswat

DrL, Barb, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thepartypoos)

@lookingforanswers 

I had same problem with hot flushes during the night with shivers following them. But since few days they are gone. No idea how this happened.

Since then I can sleep much better.

Btw I had a very severe insomina for 3 weeks, where it was impossible to get any sleep. This is gone too.

I have no clue what stopped them really.

Hope your hot flushes will end soon! Hot flushes are so energy absorbing for the body (at least this was my feeling).

Hope you get well soon!

This post was modified 2 years ago by partypeep

DrL, Barb, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dee
(@medee)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @saba

@lynner  I went through the same for over 4 months. I had the muscle jerks around the 2-month mark. They lasted for two weeks or so and prevented me from falling asleep. A week after they went away, I did get brain zaps, right when falling asleep. This lasted a few days. Scariest thing! Thankfully they are long gone. 

Hi, how are you feeling now?

Have the jerks come back?

Barb and Barb reacted
ReplyQuote
 alia
(@sunrise)
Very Active Member

@asanders 

Maybe I did not formulate too well, when I said that positive ANA was something useful. I wanted to say that I am sorry that it is positive, but it was a useful effect of something unpleasant, because that's how the doctors realized that they are objective elements.

Because there has been talk of autoantibodies, I would like to add a few things.

There are new articles about autoantibodies, but many are made on small groups of people and say they cannot provide reliable data on causation. But still they are informative.

It should be noted that, in general, autoantibodies can also be found in healthy, asymptomatic individuals, so antibodies are not necessarily a concern. Especially if they are in small quantities.

In addition, an article states that they found that certain autoantibodies were transient, which is very encouraging: “Median time to negative functional test result was 15.5 weeks”:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0006497122001719

A good article is: “New-onset autoimmune phenomena post-COVID-19 vaccination”,  Dec. 2021, Wiley Online Library.

Maybe it's an article that could be reported to the doctors, because they can assess whether certain laboratory tests would be useful.

I tried to select, from this article, some data about the possible correlations between the symptoms and the detected autoantibodies, for those who would like to investigate the existence of autoantibodies.

Some correlations are as follows:

• In case of complications with coagulation or bleeding, some laboratory tests should be performed: platelet factor 4 antibodies (PF4 antibodies), antiphospholipid antibodies (APLs), IgG antiplatelet antibodies. (Other tests are also useful: platelet count, D-dimer, fibrinogen).

Some examples taken from the article, about how some situations manifested themselves:

-a case of a woman: aching joints, moderate headache, petechiae and haematomas

-a man had intermittent headaches, eye floaters and vomiting

-a woman developed severe back pain and headache

-a man with a worsening headache

-a woman had conjunctival congestion, retro-orbital pain and diplopia

-a woman: fatigue, muscle aches and petechial rash on her trunk, legs and arms.

Quote from https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n954 :  “Anyone who develops the following symptoms after  vaccination should seek prompt medical advice: shortness of breath, chest or persistent abdominal pain, leg swelling, blurred vision, confusion of seizures, unexplained pin prick rash, or bruising beyond the injection site.”

About the antiphospholipid antibodies (APLs) which can become positive:                                   

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34090785/

• Immune thrombocytopenic purpura, characterized by decreased platelet level, which leads to mucocutaneous and other bleedings, for example, different people had one or the other of the following symptoms: bleeding lesions in the oral cavity, bleeding in the gums, haemorrhagic bullae of the gingival mucosa, subconjunctival haemorrhage in the right eye, diffuse petechiae across arms, legs and abdomen.

• Autoimmune liver diseases: jaundice, hyperchromic urine, coupled with abnormal liver function tests and different positive autoantibodies (not all in one person): ANA, double-stranded DNA antibodies, anti-smooth muscle antibody, anti-soluble liver antigen, anti-liver cytosol.

• Guillain–Barré syndrome (GBS), symptoms: bifacial weakness , gradual weakness of bilateral lower limbs, ascending muscle weakness, paraesthesia, numbness, back pain.

• IgA nephropathy: brown-coloured urine and urinary loss of red blood cells and protein.

• Inflammatory arthritis: pain, stiffness and swelling in joints, accompanied by positive rheumatoid factor, anti-citrullinated protein antibodies.

• Systemic lupus eryhtematosus (SLE)

“A woman had pain in right knee and fever and subsequently developed polyarthralgia, bipedal oedema, cutaneous     rash on fingertips and petechiae on lower limb, coupled with positive ANA”.

“A woman presented with abrupt eyelid oedema, foamy urine”.

• About autoantibodies found positive in cases of thyroid damage, as side effect, is written, for example in the article

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8507356/

Affected people had one or more positive autoantibodies: TSH receptor antibody (TSHR-  Ab), anti-thyroid peroxidase (anti-TPO Ab), anti-thyroglobulin antibodies (anti-Tg Ab).

The related symtoms: weight loss, palpitation, dyspnea, chest pain, fever, both leg weakness.

• Myasthenia gravis: in which the autoantibodies target the acetylcholine receptor (AChR). The most common complaints: eyelid ptosis (falling of the upper or lower eyelid), diplopia (double vision), muscle weakness, swallowing difficulty, breathing difficulty, fatigue, vision blurred, speech impairment (adult), slurred speech, loss of function of face muscle, reduced sense of touch or sensation.

https://www.ehealthme.com/vs/pfizer-biontech-covid-vaccine/myasthenia-gravis/

The good thing is that, in many cases, the treatments given have been effective in resolving the situation (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), glucocorticoids, intravenous immunoglobulin, disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs), plasmapheresis).

Sea-ing, Asanders, Barb and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tone
Posted by: @sunrise

@tone 

All are ok, ranitidine, famotidine, etc.
I think there are, everywhere, over-the-counter medications.
But they are still drugs, the contraindications, the drug interactions must be well known.

Is this  good regiment? 

Is pepsid and pepsid  ac the same ? How long do you take these for ? 

What is the difference between regular Pepcid and Pepcid AC?

PEPCID® is an H2 blocker. Both Original Strength and Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® begin to work in 15-30 minutes, and help control acid all day or all night. * Dual Action PEPCID COMPLETE® combines an H2 blocker with an antacid, so it starts neutralizing acid in seconds, but has the long-lasting relief of an H2 blocker.

ReplyQuote
 Tone
(@tone)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @gingerjones
Posted by: @sunrise

@tone 

All are ok, ranitidine, famotidine, etc.
I think there are, everywhere, over-the-counter medications.
But they are still drugs, the contraindications, the drug interactions must be well known.

Is this  good regiment? 

Is pepsid and pepsid  ac the same ? How long do you take these for ? 

What is the difference between regular Pepcid and Pepcid AC?

PEPCID® is an H2 blocker. Both Original Strength and Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® begin to work in 15-30 minutes, and help control acid all day or all night. * Dual Action PEPCID COMPLETE® combines an H2 blocker with an antacid, so it starts neutralizing acid in seconds, but has the long-lasting relief of an H2 blocker.

So any of them plus claritin or some other antihistamine? For how long you think ? Couple weeks?  Think I should still take  omeprezole? 

ReplyQuote
(@gingerjones)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @lookingforanswers

@carym23 my normal BP is 120/70 pulse 70. This past week it’s been 95/65 74 pulse . Getting up out of bed and taking my BP standing up it was 100/60 pulse 74. 

Sounds like POTS...lots of Long haulers both from C and V have this now

Cary L and Cary L reacted
ReplyQuote
 alia
(@sunrise)
Very Active Member

@tone 

About the antihistamine H1 @plandistry has a post on page 910 and 932 and says that Clemastin (Tavegyl) is more appropriate.
If you can't find it, Claritine is good too.
H1 antihistamines may affect the ability to drive, may cause drowsiness.
Pepcid Dual Action also has calcium carbonate, etc. I would say Pepcid is better.
The treatment can be taken a longer time, but anyway, it will be seen first if it helps, if the tolerance is good.
In the treatment for MCAS it is known that it is tested which antihistamine helps more effectively and sometimes other drugs are added in addition to the antihistamines H1 and H2.

ReplyQuote
Page 963 / 1151