Clear all

Tingling/Numbness In Body

2,496 Posts
454 Users
2675 Likes
276.3 K Views
(@markhansen1983)

Hi all,
My wife was mandated to have the vaccine for work here in Australia and has suffered a myriad of symptoms (numbness/tingling, fatigue, nausea, derealisation, insomnia, panic etc) since. I am currently in communication with a lawyer regarding a possible action against her employers, to at least pay for medical bills. I'm wondering if anyone has any similar cases they can refer me to please (anywhere in the world is fine).
Mark

ReplyQuote
(@kim-h)
Very Active Member

Happy 10 months to me!! I am so much better then what I was but I’m Feeling so fed up of the constant prickly/buzzing feet & legs that sometimes goes up to uterus area too. Legs ache all the time too. I feel like an old woman. I also get the odd prickling in hands & achy wrist joint. The right arm & leg are worse. I get a tight skin feeling & sometimes numbness & burning. Google tells me this is a sign of MS but keep telling myself I had no problems before the jab! Had a clear brain mri last September but should probably have got it on my spine too. Blood tests were all fine except for low vit d. I have been taking supplements since. I have a referral to see a neurologist but just don’t see the point after reading so many others getting no answers. I still can’t believe this happened to me/ to us. Reading so many other stories with such similar reactions is comforting to know I’m not the only one… I would do anything to feel like my old self 😔

ReplyQuote
(@misssyedaaa)

@nawpan I am assuming I have the same issue, all of sudden I started having numbness & tingling in my right hand & leg since 3 days now… sometimes I have very little all over my body but mostly right side. I have been googling my symptoms since then and yesterday I got very bad anxiety due to which I was going nuts, I literally thought I have all the problems like nerve damage, MS or all vitamin deficiencies. I was diagnosed with H.pylori in Nov and since then I have been taking esomep, omeprazole etc, and I’m anemic too.

so I assumed maybe I have magnesium or B12 vitamin deficiency because of long term consumption of these meds.

I also kept checking myself for stroke, just in case.

honestly I’m really scared to go to the hospital and it get very hectic.I get anxious and sick whenever I visit hospitals.

and googling symptoms makes my anxiety the worst, I’m so so glad that I found this forum…

and I’m finally at peace that I’m not alone with this issue, and this could be a side effect of vaccine. I took my booster shot last month, I took first 2 shots of pfizer and I only suffered with dizziness that’s all

The booster shot was Moderna, I took it on my right hand and that clicked me oh maybe that is why I am feeling this numbness  I was skeptical about moderna and now I’m sick and I can’t get it out of my body!

now looking at all your experiences, I feel okay & peaceful but this numbness and tingling is really disturbing, specially when I’m sleeping.

I really really hope that all of us feel better soon, I guess I will wait for few weeks before going to the doctor.

and no more googling because the more I googled the more I felt things.

I really hope this numbness and tingling is not a serious issue for all of us

This post was modified 2 years ago by misssyedaa

ReplyQuote
(@volam76)

@kim-h your story is exactly the same as mine.  10 months for me too, and still tingling im my legs and groin area, sometimes back too. Such a nightmare!

ReplyQuote
(@philroy)

Posted by: @fred-p

Hello everybody,

French 33 y/o male here. 

I was very interested in this topic since I've been experiencing the same kind of symptoms since my second Pfizer jab, and it has all come back with the booster.

I made my first jab in may of 2021, and second one on end of june.

After 10 days, I started having tingling and numbness in both arms and both legs, and it was very scary. It was not going away.

I went to see my physician who sent me to a neurologist and do an MRI because she suspected sclerosis but it all came back normal, blood test and imagery.

The neurologist said this was "probably" due to the vaccine and was going to resorb in a few days or weeks.

It still lasted a few weeks after that but diminished and almost disappeared 3 months after the second jab.

This winter I didn't feel well. Usually I never fall ill but I had gastroenteritis for 10 days (!), severe throat pain for 35 days, I caught covid in september (Delta, flu-like symptoms, nothing too bad), and I have since then apthous ulcers on the tongue that have been very painful. And last but not least I just caught a severe flu for a week, despite being....vaccinated against it !

I usually have NOTHING of all this.

I did my booster jab 4 days ago and it all started back. The tingling is atrocious and all my memories are also coming back.

I really hope this won't last but now I am really sure it is a side effect of the vaccine, which the doctors don't want to hear.

I hope you all stay strong and I will give news here and read yours with attention !

Fred

Hi Fred,  My symptoms are very similar to yours.  Pins and needles, tingling in feet, hot flushes in lower right leg after 1st and 2nd Pfizer shot.  Also sometimes an extreme itch in both shins and calves. I didn't relate it to vaccine at this point really as it was very mild and more annoying than anything else.  However, end Jan 2022 i had the third booster of Pfizer and after 3 weeks i started to get the same symptoms but much worse and also tingling hands, tight feeling in chest and face, twitching in forehead tightness in face etc... They went away after 2 weeks but now have come back again The tingling is much worse especially in my feet and sometimes i feel all the way up my legs.  I also spent 6 hours in meetings with 2 people who were diagnosed with Covid 3 days after our meeting and coinciding with the onset of my increased symptoms after the third shot.  I did antigen tests for 7 days but was always negative, dont know if related but seems a huge coincidence.....

ReplyQuote
(@kg1986)

Posted by: @jwills1

@kg1986 hi there! Your post was interesting to read particularly about the EBV, I too have had numerous tests and my EBV igg was extremely high. The theory is that you would’ve had this as a young child and as we know the immune system has a good memory, the vaccine may have induced a hightened immune response to what it thinks is another bout of glandular fever? (there may be similar pathogens in both Covid and EBV), this intern has caused your neuropathy, that is if you don’t have any other causes such as vitamin deficiency etc, although I too like many other had low vitamin D levels. 

My symptoms started after my 3rd booster (mordena) and some started after my second (Pfizer) but I hadn’t attributed this at the time. I had POTS, and burning tingling and sharp sensations. At week 6 they slowly started to taper off, at month 3 I was feeling 95% myself again, I then picked up a stomach bug and at month 4 everything returned and worse than before. 

I have had a skin biopsy by a reputable Dr who has seen other patients in the same boat, it came back positive for small fibre neuropathy, this essentially is what everyone here is dealing with. It is ofcourse important to eliminate any other underlying cause. 

Treatment should be based on nerve regeneration and immune support, glutathione has been mentioned numerous times on this and other forums and I can say is scientifically proven to support management of neuropathy, everyone should add this to their daily intake as a baseline. God knows how long we’ll have to deal with this, for me it has been the most challenging period of my life, mothering a baby whilst questioning your existence has taken its toll. 

wishing you all speedy recovery. 

Yes I did have mono as a child, but never had active ebv as an adult until after this vaccine. I think you are right about the vx setting your immune system into over drive. I feel the same, anytime I get any type of virus even if its mild, my symptoms flare . I actually see an integrative practitioner who does glutathione injections so I think I will start that up for the summer. It's funny you mention the small fiber neuropathy. I have had every test done except that and my rheumatologist actually mentioned that to me. I am in the same boat I have a 2 year old and had my second this past July so this all happened at a really hard point for me.  But thankfully I do feel really good lately, in comparison to a few months ago. I really just wish my eyes would go back to normal, it's the most annoying symptom I currently have and I have tried all types of supplements for it, nothing works!

Take care!

ReplyQuote
 Aga
(@agnieszka)

Posted by: @kg1986
Posted by: @jwills1

@kg1986 hi there! Your post was interesting to read particularly about the EBV, I too have had numerous tests and my EBV igg was extremely high. The theory is that you would’ve had this as a young child and as we know the immune system has a good memory, the vaccine may have induced a hightened immune response to what it thinks is another bout of glandular fever? (there may be similar pathogens in both Covid and EBV), this intern has caused your neuropathy, that is if you don’t have any other causes such as vitamin deficiency etc, although I too like many other had low vitamin D levels. 

My symptoms started after my 3rd booster (mordena) and some started after my second (Pfizer) but I hadn’t attributed this at the time. I had POTS, and burning tingling and sharp sensations. At week 6 they slowly started to taper off, at month 3 I was feeling 95% myself again, I then picked up a stomach bug and at month 4 everything returned and worse than before. 

I have had a skin biopsy by a reputable Dr who has seen other patients in the same boat, it came back positive for small fibre neuropathy, this essentially is what everyone here is dealing with. It is ofcourse important to eliminate any other underlying cause. 

Treatment should be based on nerve regeneration and immune support, glutathione has been mentioned numerous times on this and other forums and I can say is scientifically proven to support management of neuropathy, everyone should add this to their daily intake as a baseline. God knows how long we’ll have to deal with this, for me it has been the most challenging period of my life, mothering a baby whilst questioning your existence has taken its toll. 

wishing you all speedy recovery. 

Yes I did have mono as a child, but never had active ebv as an adult until after this vaccine. I think you are right about the vx setting your immune system into over drive. I feel the same, anytime I get any type of virus even if its mild, my symptoms flare . I actually see an integrative practitioner who does glutathione injections so I think I will start that up for the summer. It's funny you mention the small fiber neuropathy. I have had every test done except that and my rheumatologist actually mentioned that to me. I am in the same boat I have a 2 year old and had my second this past July so this all happened at a really hard point for me.  But thankfully I do feel really good lately, in comparison to a few months ago. I really just wish my eyes would go back to normal, it's the most annoying symptom I currently have and I have tried all types of supplements for it, nothing works!

Take care!

There are already scientific publications that describes cases of Epstein-Barr, Cytomegalovirus, Zoster and other herpes virus reactivation after the Covid vaccine and after Coronavirus infection. It seems to be related to nonsense-mediated decay (NMD) mechanism that keeps all the herpes virus we had in the past dormant in our body. See below article that explains the NMD mechanism:

Nonsense-mediated decay controls the reactivation of the oncogenic herpesviruses EBV and KSHV

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371%2Fjournal.pbio.3001097

That NMD mechanism is "switched off" by one of the Coronavirus protein. As per below article Coronavirus replication induces the inhibition of the NMD pathway, and N protein (a viral structural protein) has an NMD inhibitory function that protected viral mRNAs from rapid decay. 

Interplay between coronavirus, a cytoplasmic RNA virus, and nonsense-mediated mRNA decay pathway

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1811675115

ReplyQuote
 Tone
(@tone)
Very Active Member

Anyone here have neuropathy like symptoms that have recovered  or seen relief? What supplements or special diet worked? ⁹

ReplyQuote
(@philroy)

@tone  I'm not sure what you mean exactly by burning.  Mainly pins and needles and numbness in feet, incredible itching occasionally in whole of lower leg, tingling all over body, tightness in face occasionally, the odd twitch in forehead..... sometime feeling cold.....

ReplyQuote
 Tone
(@tone)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @philroy

@tone  I'm not sure what you mean exactly by burning.  Mainly pins and needles and numbness in feet, incredible itching occasionally in whole of lower leg, tingling all over body, tightness in face occasionally, the odd twitch in forehead..... sometime feeling cold.....

Pins and needles,  or like sunburn feeling.  You have any recovery or relief from this? Supplements,  diet ? Anything help ? 

ReplyQuote
(@philroy)

Posted by: @tone
Posted by: @philroy

Pins and needles,  or like sunburn feeling.  You have any recovery or relief from this? Supplements,  diet ? Anything help ? 

Pins and needles and numbness mainly in feet, is the biggest symptom right now.

After the first 2 shots i noticed hot flushes in my lower legs which would last from 4 to 10 seconds or so, I've never had this happen before the vaccines.  The symptoms have come back again and much worse after 3rd shot 11 weeks ago with general tingling in my legs and groin sometimes my head and hands.

I'm taking, Vit B12 and magnesium as supplements and eating a very clean plant based diet with no processed food or meats, drinking lots of natural green tea but I couldn't say that it is making it any better, At the moment I am in the middle of my second bout since the third shot....

ReplyQuote
(@philroy)

Posted by: @glorp

I’ve been using this thread to ease my mind about it being something more serious. 

Last last year, not long after my second Pfizer, I started having the weird vibrations/buzzing in my feet, mostly the right one, eventually moved mostly to the left, also felt in slightly once or twice in my hand and my head. That’s mostly gone now, though still get it a tiny bit occasionally.

Was also having a lot of random nerve zaps for a few weeks, usually in two seperate spots simultaneously, but that’s almost completely stopped now.

Then mid February, about a month after my booster, I started experiencing a weird mild numbness in my lower legs, mostly in the shins, sometimes extending around the back of the leg or onto the top of the foot. Seemed to last 2-3 days per week, and was more noticeable the first time. The first time I also had a bit of a hot feeling there on one of the days. Since then I’ve been sporadically experiencing cold feeling feet (not cold to the touch), and sometimes the numbness only lasts a few hours, and only affects one leg or part of one.

Of course I googled it and now think I have MS, Diabetes, PAD, GBS, Long Covid, B12 deficiency AND cancer, but i’m holding onto hope it’s just vaccine effects. My timeline doesn’t really match with others here, and I don’t think I saw anyone else mention the cold feet thing, but I never experienced any of these prior to my Pfizer shots, so fingers crossed until I see a doctor next week. 🤞🏻

Hi your timeline sounds very similar to mine. I had first 2 Pfizer shots summer 2021 and noticed a hot flush in my lower leg ( calf and shin) also some pins and needles and tingling and numbness in my feet. Also very itchy shins sometimes.

End of January 2022 I had 3rd shot of Pfizer and about 3 weeks later I started to get pins and needles and a lot of numbness in my feet. Tingling all over and tight feeling in my chest and side of my face, at one point I was ready to go to A & E but it calmed down a bit and went away after a few days.

This coincided with 2 workers who I spent a day with in an office both being diagnosed with Covid 2 days later.  I felt maybe I had been exposed to the virus but my vaccination fought it off because I did 7 antigen tests and all negative.

Then about 6 weeks later, so 11 weeks after 3rd Pfizer, the pins and needles in feet started again, itchy shins and a twitch in my forehead. It’s now been 2 weeks of constant pins and needles and tingling. Mainly feet, sometimes hands and now all over (legs, groin, head, neck). I’m not in much pain as such just tingling/burning sensation and sometimes my feet feel cold.

im taking vit B12, turmeric and a strong multivitamin & mineral complex. I’ve always eaten healthy mainly plant based, don’t drink or smoke lots of exercise.

I just hope in time it will go away…

ReplyQuote
(@philroy)

Posted by: @chipster

Had my 3rd dose of Pfizer on December 15 which turned out to be a terrible idea. No symptoms after the first two doses but now have pins and needles in feet and hands, some slight numbness in face and sunburn feeling on majority of body. Went to emergency on Saturday and blood screen and CT were normal. Appointment with neurologist is in process.

Has anyone had a 5 day course of intravenous Immunoglobulin? This is used in Guillain-Barre syndrome with success and seems to be worth a try with these kinds of symptoms. 

I have a similar time frame and symptoms. I had 3rd Pfizer 26 Jan 2022.  3 weeks later pins and needles in feet hands, tightness in chest and face. It got a bit better after 10 days and then flared up again mid April until now… how are you doing now?

ReplyQuote
(@glorp)

Little update since my last post: saw a doctor, had blood work done which cleared me of diabetes and vitamin deficiencies, no MRI yet as that is very expensive and hard to get in this isolated corner of the world, but doc thinks that MS would be unlikely. He thinks possibly mild GBS, but agrees it’s probably vaccine reaction. Mentioned to me about another patient who had similar but more severe symptoms and went to hospital, the hospital staff told him that it was probably vaccine related. So the medical professionals are taking notice of this.

My symptoms have improved a lot. Vibrations and zaps have almost completely gone, just a single buzz or zap every few days. Still get some numbness in the shins, and some tingles here and there, but it’s all very mild and I barely notice it now.

Last shot (3rd of Pfizer) was in January.

ReplyQuote
(@philroy)

Posted by: @glorp

Little update since my last post: saw a doctor, had blood work done which cleared me of diabetes and vitamin deficiencies, no MRI yet as that is very expensive and hard to get in this isolated corner of the world, but doc thinks that MS would be unlikely. He thinks possibly mild GBS, but agrees it’s probably vaccine reaction. Mentioned to me about another patient who had similar but more severe symptoms and went to hospital, the hospital staff told him that it was probably vaccine related. So the medical professionals are taking notice of this.

My symptoms have improved a lot. Vibrations and zaps have almost completely gone, just a single buzz or zap every few days. Still get some numbness in the shins, and some tingles here and there, but it’s all very mild and I barely notice it now.

Last shot (3rd of Pfizer) was in January.

Hi I also had my 3rd shot of Pfizer end of January 2022.  My main issue is numbness and pins and needles in my feet, sometimes they feel almost asleep.  The last couple of days I started to get tingling and burning sensation in other parts of my body like back neck head, the odd twitch in my forehead and a hot flush feeling in my legs.  Sometimes it makes me anxious I think and I feel a bit tight in my chest and face but very little at moment.  Did you have any symptoms before the third shot?  

ReplyQuote
Page 137 / 167