Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@k-shoo)

This probably isn’t a great first post but here goes – I was diagnosed with Ménière’s 28 years ago and am bilateral. I’m fully immunized with the Pfizer vaccine and had no ill effects.

I can completely understand the hesitation in wanting to avoid anything that could trigger an attack, but in my mind, I’d rather risk the possibility of triggering an episode than risk the horrible side effects my otherwise healthy friends of all ages who have gotten Covid suffered from — or worse, dying of it.

Plus, cold and flu symptoms almost always bring on an episode for me – I’m in the midst of one right now because I caught my 1st cold in a 18+ months last week - so who knows what a bout with Covid would do to my inner ear. Just my two cents.

If you’re addressing these fears and concerns to a doctor and they just dismiss them outright, it sounds to me as if you need a new doctor. 

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by K-Shoo

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

This is a link to an abstract of an article (prior to peer review) indicating possible higher, longer term protection following COVID-19 infection as compared to following COVID-19 vaccination. (There is an available option to read the entire article.)

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.08.19.21262111v1

ReplyQuote
(@k-shoo)

I got both Pfizer shots and had only mild side effects that lasted less than a day.

ReplyQuote
(@larag)
Very Active Member

Hello everyone,

So glad I've found this forum. I've been incredibly anxious, stressed, lonely and depressed for a long time now.

I had my first dose of pfizer 10 weeks ago.. instantly had tiredness and severe neck and back ache. After two weeks this went into my face and the face pain was unlike anything I'd experience. I went to ER and was told it was a Migraine/nerve pain. 

Symptoms increased and at week 4 I started having pain and twitching in my left leg. This spread and became widespread. Legs arms back even neck twitches. Internal tremors. Electricity feeling inside my body. Google telling me I have ALS. Terrified. Panic attacks heightened.

Signed off work and my Dr's note said 'pfizer adverse reaction - spasms'

10 weeks in and taking magnesium, b12, vit d and turmeric. Lots of green tea. Muscle twitching still very present. Mainly at night. But melonic jerks have reduced which helps sleep.

Gp today has requested urgent neurology referrel. Waiting list long though.

Bloods and ct scan clear.

Been advised to not have the 2nd jab and even if I hadn't I wouldn't have it.

I wish everyone well xx

MemphisMel, Meh, MemphisMel and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jtranger)
Very Active Member

@clearsmile1 

I have similar symptoms. Are you any better? 

Larry

ReplyQuote
(@jtranger)
Very Active Member

@summer 

I have the same symptoms. Are you feeling better?

Larry

ReplyQuote
(@jtranger)
Very Active Member

@macey 

I have the same symptoms are you feeling better?

Larry

ReplyQuote
 catm
(@cathymason)

@ghatzipa

Yes...the relapses are crazy!!! How long do yours last. When did you get the vax,,?

(@ghatzipa)

@cathymason I got Pfizer 1st vax 3/17 & the 2nd one 4/7!  I usually am bad for like a month, then ok for a month, then bad for a month, etc.  I've heard rumblings of booster shots... I seriously doubt I'll get it b/c I can't deal.  I also forgot to mention in my previous post I've also been doing weekly acupuncture sessions since May too which seem to help!

This post was modified 3 years ago by GHatzipa

(@pfizervictim)
Very Active Member

Week 8, still having side effects. Not much has changed from last week, wondering if it's still side effects or just anxiety and all in my head? Slowly going crazy, this is also taking a toll on my relationship with my wife, she misses the person who I was before I got my shot. Can't blame her, I miss him too. 

Jean, LaraG, Hnlinneman and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@beanie2356)

Eustachian tube inflammation/blockage for 4 months since Astra Zeneca Vax

Symptom relief/advice

1. Hi, I'm sorry if this is long but I'm lost here... I had the vaccine in April (first dose). 3 weeks later my upper arm developed a number of bruises. The other arm developed one large bruise. 1 week later I got crippling lower back spasms and right jaw spasms. Then, my right ear blocked. My back eased but the ear lingered. Got 2 courses of antibiotics and 1 week steroid...no difference. Last week in May started feeling really unwell. Unsteady on my feet, balance not right and then 1 episode of vertigo. Ear completely blocked and the left started to feel sore. 2 weeks later I'm either in bed or pacing my garden with tinnitus, vibration feeling in ear. The ENT gave me betahistine and stemitil. No difference. A week later he prescribed 10 days of steroid. I felt wonderful for the first time in a month. Last day of steroid ear blocked -i could feel the tube getting inflamed and I had another bout of vertigo. Since then I've had a hearing test. Tempanogram showed both eardrums retracted and conductive hearing loss in both ears. Permanent hearing loss in the left ear that I never knew about (4000hrtz). Menieres was mentioned to my horror before hearing test but after the ent said it was eustachian tube dysfunction. I told him about all other symptoms and vaccine. He said it's too early to say what caused it. MRI clear. Endoscope clear (last week). I'm still suffering with the blockage and constant tinnitus. I don't feel 'unwell' anymore except for occasional dizziness...but I'm tormented by the feeling of being under water with a ringing in my ears. I'm taking vitamins, lots of water, no gluten, no dairy. Resting when I can because I really believe I have inflammation that just will not leave my body. Back to ent in 6months so I'm here trying to manage. I would really appreciate advice or positive stories on how I can combat this thing. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
Sassafras
(@thenystagmus)
Highly Active Member

Posted by: @concernedwife

@thenystagmus  We have gone to his PCP as well and they think he's crazy.  He's seen multiple neurologists and they keep saying they can't do anything for the blocked artery.  He is seeing another doctor today and hopefully someone will get answers.  I'm willing to take him anywhere in the US to get what he needs.  We know the symptoms are serious but like I said before we were made to feel like we didn't know what we were talking about.  I do have a question for anyone who has had issues after the vaccine.  What blood type are they?  I've heard that these symptoms are most common among people with a certain blood type.  

It's good your husband is getting more than just hospital ER services! I can see the fluid on his brain being in the realm of a neurologist or neurosurgeon, but I'm puzzled that his blocked carotid artery would be considered to be in the realm of a neurologist?? I hope his doctor visit today is helpful. 🙏

The only blood type information related to COVID-19 I've seen is that persons with some blood types (O, especially RH neg) seem to be somewhat less likely to become infected with COVID-19. 

I have experienced vestibular and facial sensory nerve issues following Moderna vaccine and my blood type is O-neg.

ReplyQuote
(@ohjason)

Does anyone still have a somewhat elevated heartbeat after 4 weeks? my resting heart beat is usually around 80-90 for a 24 year old and then I stand up and walk around and it goes from 90-110-120?

LaraG and LaraG reacted
ReplyQuote
(@hnlinneman)

@dianeminnesota this gives me so much hope! I see my PT for vestibular neuritis vertigo September 8th. Really hoping things get better after that. I see my Ent this Friday as well for a follow and more tests. MRI is scheduled for next Wednesday. Did you get both doses of the vaccine? 

ReplyQuote
 annb
(@moonbeam)
Very Active Member

@sia77 my doctor is not a neurologist but my primary care physician and unfortunately he did not recommend treatment for dizziness, etc.

ReplyQuote
Page 484 / 1151