Notifications
Clear all

Covid-19 Vaccine side effects

17.3 K Posts
2261 Users
40191 Likes
2 M Views
(@rosiedragonfly)

Started to feel dizzy almost immediately after first pfizer shot and then for two full days after. Dizziness continued on and off and after second dose as well. Two months later and I am still having very bad dizzy spells. worse if I lie down so just have to sit up and ride it out. It has been so bad sometimes if I am driving I have had to pull over and wait it out till it passes, can be up to half an hour. Doctors dismiss it and say it will go away. i just hope they are right.

ReplyQuote
(@chels8957)

Hi everyone,

I posted here back in early April, after having similar symptoms to all of you after getting the vaccine. I was at this page when it was about 70, now it is at 800 pages...I am 27 yrs old, got the J&J on March 11th. I had normal flu like symptoms for a few days, then had severe vestibular issues (vertigo and eye sight problems - one of my eyes couldn't catch up with the other, so I was constantly dizzy). I also had a neuropathic reaction to botox (I get botox for TMJ in my jaw) and more migraines, nerve pain at neck of head, tinnitus, pressure in my face, etc. I couldn't drive, couldn't work and definitely felt depressed. I wanted to check back in here once more to provide updates and share everything I did.

- ER twice in March - sent me home, could not determine what was problem

- Full blood work - everything normal

- MRI - normal

- Steroid pack (prednisone) for botox reaction - helped slightly, symptoms fully went away after about 2 months

- Vestibular chiropractor - balance exercises, etc - didn't really help

- Visits to neurologist, PCP, regular chiropractor, etc - no one had any answers or experience with this type of reaction (this was very early into vaccines as I got it in March 2021)

- Contacted VAERS several times - no response

The reason I wanted to post again is that I want to ensure that these reactions and symptoms are being documented - research and testing needs to be done so that we can find out what is causing this. I have talked to many doctors and submitted many reaction reports and nothing has been done. Also, a lot of people I spoke with chalked my symptoms up to anxiety - although I also have that - I know that this is different. But doctors still dont have the answers to say what that is.

Second, my symptoms all subsided at the 4 month mark. Please stay positive and remind yourself that it will likely improve over time. Taking vitamins, working out, and eating vegan as much as possible helped me.

Now, over 9 months later, I chose to get the booster. I know it may sound extreme given everything I went through (and probably $8K) I still feel like potentially ending up in the hospital from getting covid is worse than this. I got the booster (chose to go with Pfizer this time) a few days ago and am fine so far. Please stay positive and remember this will improve but also please document your symptoms so that more research can be conducted for us. If anyone has seen research or trials out there being conducted on these reactions, please send to me.

Best,

Chels

Eric, ichi, gingerj and 14 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@279janka)
Very Active Member

@jkro My first dose of vaccine was on 19th of May. And I feel fine since September. In my case it took around 3 months. I did not take any medication just liposomal gluthatione, quercetin, vitamin C, zinc and vitamin D. 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @chels8957

Hi everyone,

I posted here back in early April, after having similar symptoms to all of you after getting the vaccine. I was at this page when it was about 70, now it is at 800 pages...I am 27 yrs old, got the J&J on March 11th. I had normal flu like symptoms for a few days, then had severe vestibular issues (vertigo and eye sight problems - one of my eyes couldn't catch up with the other, so I was constantly dizzy). I also had a neuropathic reaction to botox (I get botox for TMJ in my jaw) and more migraines, nerve pain at neck of head, tinnitus, pressure in my face, etc. I couldn't drive, couldn't work and definitely felt depressed. I wanted to check back in here once more to provide updates and share everything I did.

- ER twice in March - sent me home, could not determine what was problem

- Full blood work - everything normal

- MRI - normal

- Steroid pack (prednisone) for botox reaction - helped slightly, symptoms fully went away after about 2 months

- Vestibular chiropractor - balance exercises, etc - didn't really help

- Visits to neurologist, PCP, regular chiropractor, etc - no one had any answers or experience with this type of reaction (this was very early into vaccines as I got it in March 2021)

- Contacted VAERS several times - no response

The reason I wanted to post again is that I want to ensure that these reactions and symptoms are being documented - research and testing needs to be done so that we can find out what is causing this. I have talked to many doctors and submitted many reaction reports and nothing has been done. Also, a lot of people I spoke with chalked my symptoms up to anxiety - although I also have that - I know that this is different. But doctors still dont have the answers to say what that is.

Second, my symptoms all subsided at the 4 month mark. Please stay positive and remind yourself that it will likely improve over time. Taking vitamins, working out, and eating vegan as much as possible helped me.

Now, over 9 months later, I chose to get the booster. I know it may sound extreme given everything I went through (and probably $8K) I still feel like potentially ending up in the hospital from getting covid is worse than this. I got the booster (chose to go with Pfizer this time) a few days ago and am fine so far. Please stay positive and remember this will improve but also please document your symptoms so that more research can be conducted for us. If anyone has seen research or trials out there being conducted on these reactions, please send to me.

Best,

Chels

Thanks for the update. Did you feel worse before the 4 month mark of feeling better? I was feeling better and then just got through one of the biggest relapses. I am 14 weeks from first Pfizer this Friday. I’d like to get past this. Brave of you to get another shot. No judgement, I just don’t think I can do it again. I’m afraid it will kill me. 

gingerj, DrL, KitKat and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@chels8957)

@jkro No, I would go through phases of it being bad and then fine again, at the 4 month mark it all completely subsided. And I understand, I just pray that it doesn't happen again and maybe different because I switched vaccines. Did you send in a VAERS report? 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@279janka)
Very Active Member

@jkro Yes, there were days when I felt fine, I thought that it finally went away but then I relapsed. It repeated couple of times but symptom were weaker over time and time without symptoms was longer. One of the last symptoms that persisted were heart palpitations during night. 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaytune)

@hisrichess yes, I have had slight tingling/numbness in my left hand randomly. It tends to last a few minutes and goes away, I got both shots in my left arm. I also get a tight feeling in my neck and throat almost like it’s hard to swallow sometimes, it comes and goes as well. Pressure in my ears that makes it hard to pop them when I try yawning or swallowing, then other days my ears pop easily and I don’t feel pressure. My blurry vision is getting better each day though which I am happy about. I also think my brain fog is coming and going as well. It disappears when I don’t think about it too much but then if I’m at work and my symptoms start up again, the brain fog comes back. It seems to just be my immune system reaction turning on and off at this point lol it’s weird. Things that have helped me feel better are EmergenC powder in my bottle of water daily, Vitamin D gummies, Magnesium supplements, B12 tincture, lots of sleep, sitting outside in the sun for natural Vitamin D, meditating or going for walks when I feel anxious/disassociated. I’m really just trying to stay positive and give my body time. I try to think about my symptoms less often and it seems to help because stress also exacerbates my symptoms. Hope this helps!

jacquelyn sauriol, jacquelyn sauriol, DrL and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @chels8957

@jkro No, I would go through phases of it being bad and then fine again, at the 4 month mark it all completely subsided. And I understand, I just pray that it doesn't happen again and maybe different because I switched vaccines. Did you send in a VAERS report? 

Yes, did a VAERS in the very beginning. I also have been followed by V safe 

DrL and DrL reacted
ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@sickofthis I did a 9 day course of steriods.  My vision got slightly worse on them, but the symptoms of vertigo went away.  I was feeling really excited about that.  Within a week of quitting them my vision went back to normal and I had a few really good days (like how I felt before the vaccine), but over the next week the symptoms slowly returned, so it was just due to the inflammation being stopped by the steroids.

DrL, KitKat, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jkro)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jaytune

@hisrichess yes, I have had slight tingling/numbness in my left hand randomly. It tends to last a few minutes and goes away, I got both shots in my left arm. I also get a tight feeling in my neck and throat almost like it’s hard to swallow sometimes, it comes and goes as well. Pressure in my ears that makes it hard to pop them when I try yawning or swallowing, then other days my ears pop easily and I don’t feel pressure. My blurry vision is getting better each day though which I am happy about. I also think my brain fog is coming and going as well. It disappears when I don’t think about it too much but then if I’m at work and my symptoms start up again, the brain fog comes back. It seems to just be my immune system reaction turning on and off at this point lol it’s weird. Things that have helped me feel better are EmergenC powder in my bottle of water daily, Vitamin D gummies, Magnesium supplements, B12 tincture, lots of sleep, sitting outside in the sun for natural Vitamin D, meditating or going for walks when I feel anxious/disassociated. I’m really just trying to stay positive and give my body time. I try to think about my symptoms less often and it seems to help because stress also exacerbates my symptoms. Hope this helps!

This sounds just like me. Are you recovered now? 

ReplyQuote
(@tennyson77)
Very Active Member

@ally65t I actually did have a test, it's called a Caloric Reflux Test.  It showed there was a 25% degradation of the right side of my vestibular response.

ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @tennyson77

@sickofthis I did a 9 day course of steriods.  My vision got slightly worse on them, but the symptoms of vertigo went away.  I was feeling really excited about that.  Within a week of quitting them my vision went back to normal and I had a few really good days (like how I felt before the vaccine), but over the next week the symptoms slowly returned, so it was just due to the inflammation being stopped by the steroids.

That is almost exactly what happened to me. I took them and shortly after all my symptoms went away for about a week. Then of course after that week they all came back. Maybe this does suggest that this is caused by inflammation somewhere in the brain (vestibular neuritis or something). Maybe longer term steroids would help? Just a thought.

DrL, KitKat, DrL and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jaytune)

@sickofthis I understand how you feel. I was down in the trenches trying to punish myself for getting this vaccine when my symptoms were at their worst. I was often depressed and cried that my life has been completely altered because of a choice I made in which I thought was the right thing at the time. I know it seems never ending and everybody’s healing process will most definitely be different but I can assure that if your body was once normal before, it will do anything it can to be normal again. If people can heal from life threatening illnesses, I believe we can heal from a vaccine injury. I try to think about all of the people who have had Covid and have not been able to make it home to their families so I am grateful God has kept me alive throughout this pandemic, even if this vaccine has deliberately changed my life temporarily. I keep a journal and write about my daily progress and also the days where I feel like I’m back at square one. I hope to look back at this one day and read it with confidence. If you don’t have a support system at home, please know that everybody here is basically that. We are all on the same boat just trying to come out of this. Keep faith in your body and mind because it’s so important that you believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel. There will be better days and there will be terrible days, but trust your body that it’s doing the best it can! I’m hoping the more we hear about the adverse effects of the vaccine, the more research will be done to get to the bottom of this. 

Jolie Molie, Jolie Molie, DrL and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@twistedgift)
Very Active Member

@hisrichess Awesome! I’ll start working on it in my “good” hours, at least discord is really easy to navigate and have all the information sorted which I think is a great thing in this instance. It might take some getting used to for those unfamiliar but it’s relatively straight forward 🙂

Plazervil2500, KitKat, Plazervil2500 and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sickofthis)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @jaytune

@sickofthis I understand how you feel. I was down in the trenches trying to punish myself for getting this vaccine when my symptoms were at their worst. I was often depressed and cried that my life has been completely altered because of a choice I made in which I thought was the right thing at the time. I know it seems never ending and everybody’s healing process will most definitely be different but I can assure that if your body was once normal before, it will do anything it can to be normal again. If people can heal from life threatening illnesses, I believe we can heal from a vaccine injury. I try to think about all of the people who have had Covid and have not been able to make it home to their families so I am grateful God has kept me alive throughout this pandemic, even if this vaccine has deliberately changed my life temporarily. I keep a journal and write about my daily progress and also the days where I feel like I’m back at square one. I hope to look back at this one day and read it with confidence. If you don’t have a support system at home, please know that everybody here is basically that. We are all on the same boat just trying to come out of this. Keep faith in your body and mind because it’s so important that you believe there will be light at the end of the tunnel. There will be better days and there will be terrible days, but trust your body that it’s doing the best it can! I’m hoping the more we hear about the adverse effects of the vaccine, the more research will be done to get to the bottom of this. 

This is exactly what I needed to hear. I cant thank you enough for your kind and thoughtful response. 

DrL, Rainyday, Plazervil2500 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 800 / 1151