Tingling/Numbness In Body

2,496 Posts
454 Users
2675 Likes
276.2 K Views
(@floryeo)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @christine

Hello, 34 year old female here. I got the J and J vaccine on March 9th of last year. I’ve been reading this forum for help since then, but have never posted. Shortly after receiving the vaccine, I felt like my body was burning from the inside. The next day my legs felt heavy, the burning continued. Within a few days I started feeling the worst dizziness of my life, I could barely do a thing. I also began to feel joint pain, tinnitus (ringing in ears), clicking in one ear, muscle tremors, internal tremors (felt like an earthquake inside of me), brain zaps, headaches, lightheadedness, and buzzing/tingling throughout the body. I’ve tried gabapentin, acupuncture, quercetin, zinc, b vitamins, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, nac, glutathione, etc. none of it seems to help. I’ve gotten two MRIs, blood tests, everything comes back normal. The only thing that seems to help at all is time. Most of the symptoms have died down, but the tingling/buzzing in my feet still persists and it’s been almost 11 months. I’m not sure if it will ever stop at this point. I force myself to keep exercising and living my life like I’m okay. The pain in the beginning was so bad though, there’s no way I could go through it again. 

Yr headache, joint pain and ringing in the ringing in the ear got away?

ReplyQuote
(@christina)

@hailey

Yes, I have been concerned/curious about the same.. 

ReplyQuote
(@sarahhh13)

Hi all,

I'm a 35 year old nurse who had been following this thread for quite awhile since I was mandated to get both covid vaccines. Hopefully this can help someone. My initial vaccine was Sept 30 and the second Nov.15. My first dose was awful. Within seconds after administering it my ears started ringing and my leg felt numb (pins and needles). I had a headache which quickly turned into a horrific migraine ( I have a high pain tolerance and do get migraines frequently but this was unlike one I've ever had). It lasted for almost 4 days. The pain was so bad- 10/10. In hindsight I should have went to the hospital but couldn't stand to be there at the time. My normal rescue migraine meds did NOT come close to touching it. Hours after my first dose I remember walking around and my leg felt numb- like it fell asleep and I could not wake it up! I also got insomnia shortly after the first dose which I still have 2 months later. 

My second dose was Nov. 15 and surprisingly it went as well as it could go. I had flu symptoms and a mild headache but okay. The only scary thing is that my symptoms from the first dose still come and go. Just randomly my ears will start ringing for a short period of time, or my leg or arm will feel like it's fallen asleep and I can't wake it up. I also got lab work done and they had difficulty getting blood, like it was thick or something?

It's been almost 2 months now since my last dose, and I will not be getting a booster. IMO I feel like this vaccine caused some kind of inflammation in my body (nerve inflammation in the case of the tinnitus which I've never ever had a history of). I found Ibuprofen was the only thing that helped my symptoms. After each dose I also couldn't sleep laying flat or have any caffeine or inflammatory foods for about 2 weeks after as it felt like my heart was beating out of my chest although my VS were all okay. Even now if I have sugar I can feel my foot start to tingle. 

I also have a theory why possibly I had such a horrific first dose. IMO HCW's need to be aspirating these vaccines! Yes I know the USA/Canada does not do this but I believe what happened was that when they injected it they either were not in the muscle, but a blood vessel and this potentially got in my blood stream causing these insane adverse reactions. There are certain countries that DO aspirate injections 100% of the time and they have lower rates of myocarditis/pericarditis and these types of adverse reactions. Neither of mine were aspirated but if anyone needs to get another dose, get them to aspirate! Most will say no, that they don't need to etc or don't know how- find someone who does! Dr. John Campbell on Youtube lays this out perfectly. I believe this will decrease adverse reactions!!

I'm finding as more time goes on, the above symptoms appear to be happening less and less in frequency and severity. There is hope although it doesn't feel like it. I spent so much time reading about this and the only help I found was in forums such as this one.  I hope this helped at least one person. Sending good thoughts your way xx

Christine, HelenB, Christine and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@montydes)

@windsor 

The buzzing moved over to my other leg with the booster but it's definitely milder, and now in both legs randomly but less frequent.. I think the body just gets used to it after a while.. I think regardless of how anxious you are (subconsciously etc) it just goes away on it's own. Those who say simply meditating/ chilling out will fix can f off..!!

Pfizer have admitted it's a side effect and personally I think only time will fix and the nerves will heal but it may take some time.. (in my case, despite having the booster, my good days are increasing so headed in the right direction). It won't be like this forever...

Keep posting people, i enjoy reading others posts and it feels like I'm not completely alone in this! take care 🙂

Justagirl14!!, Sabrina, M and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 J
(@j)

Posted by: @mugwump

I'm a 51 year old male.  I reluctantly got my 1st Pfizer shot on Jan 18th as I was being coerced by work and couldn't afford to lose my job.  I got the shot in my right arm and my right deltoid muscle was quite sore on the day I got the shot. The pain lasted for approximately three days.  My range of motion wasn't restricted but I did suffer pain when trying to lift my arm above head height.  I took it easy on the day after I got the shot and basically just spent the better part of the day in front of my computer.  In the afternoon, I noticed a pins-and-needles sensation in my left forearm and the pinky and ring finger on my left hand.  I initially chalked it up to spending too much time sitting at the PC and pushing the mouse around but the tingling sensation persisted and hasn't abated for more than an hour or two at a time since the initial onset of symptoms.  In addition, the pins-and needles sensation has slowly spread.  I expanded into my left shoulder first.  Then into my right shoulder, forearm, and pinky and ring fingers on my right hand.  Occasionally, it will get more intense and the sensation will encompass my whole hand, all fingers and thumb.  This occurs in both hands but not always at the same time.  I also sometimes get an odd tingling sensation in my upper chest that feels a bit like pins and needles but also has a cold sensation to it as though I'd rubbed a muscle relaxant such as A535 on my chest.  This can last for 10 minutes up to 3 or 3 hours at a time.

Two days ago, my legs started to feel a bit off as well.  My quadriceps muscles in both legs feel a bit fatigued and even something as simple as walking on level ground feels like I'm trying to walk after a grueling workout or a long hike.  I'm getting some slight pins-and-needles tingling in my feet from time to time but it's intermittent.  Twice last night, I felt an intense jolt on the left side of my tongue.  The sensation was not dissimilar to an electrical discharge.  The jolting sensation was very brief but for 5-10 seconds afterwards, my tongue hurt and there was a metallic taste in my mouth.

I went to see my doctor today.  He's a vax advocate and I simply could not get him to agree that this was likely a vax injury.  Having said that, he was very thorough in his inspection.  He said it doesn't look like GBS at this point but that might change.  He referred me to a neurosurgeon but the earliest appointment I can get is 1-2 months out unless there's a cancellation.  I'm also being sent for bloodwork but all the labs are booked solid until Monday at the earliest.  

I've been avoiding taking the vaccine wholly because I was worried about the lack of proper testing and the number of adverse reactions that I'd read about.  I'm gutted that I was coerced into taking this shot and am now most likely yet another statistic to be swept under the rug.  To make matters worse, I'm still considered unvaxxed in my province in Canada and will continue to be barred from many aspects of society including travel.  The doctor refuses to even consider a medical exemption (they're impossible to get here.  I don't know exactly what the Provincial Health Officer threatened these doctors with, but none will sign off on exemptions). I really don't want to get a 2nd dose in light of what's happened but if I don't, I'll be on the unemployment line and nobody is hiring the unvaxxed in my field of expertise here.

ReplyQuote
 J
(@j)

Hi Mugwump,

I’m sorry you are going through this.  I too live in Canada and am terrified for when my employer requires a booster shot.  Pfizer dose #1 was no problem, but dose #2 has been a nightmare for 7 months now.

All I can think about is when they change the definition of fully vaxed to 3 shots.  I will lose my job, my house, etc if I don’t do it.

Medical exemptions are only happening if anaphylactic or had myocarditis (which I believe I did …but it was not documented)

what to do? What I’ve come up with assuming things don’t change and they keep forcing us…

1) hope Novavax gets approved in the next few weeks in Canada - this is realistic

2) if not, go on stress leave before they make us sign that we got another job..at least we get some pay, until Novavax gets approved.  I am absolutely stressed and break down many times a day now, should probably be on stress leave now but I’m not the kind of employee that stays home when sick. Before this I was normal and healthy. That has been taken away.

3) loose it all…hope for a lawsuit …and then get it all back

Marymoo429, KitKat, HelenB and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@christine)

@helenn Thanks for your reply. I never got the nerve conduction study as I had read from many users that it didn't show anything. I was mostly feeling too discouraged at the time. If the tingling/buzzing doesn't go away soon I'll go get one. My neurologist and pcp seemed completely baffled by my condition and didn't know what to make of it. A form of GBS would make sense to me. That's what I originally thought it was. The buzz/tingle will stop periodically in my feet, but it always picks up again. It happens more often than it doesn't. It used to always be constant though so I guess it is improving. I will say the buzzing/tingling overall definitely has drastically improved over time. The tingling/buzzing hasn't been in my arms or hands in months (knock on wood), I'll feel it once in awhile in my legs briefly still (used to be in my legs all the time). At this point the buzzing/tingling in my feet is more annoying than painful. I'm still slightly hopeful that it'll completely go away at some point, it's just hard not to get discouraged that it's taking so long. 

ReplyQuote
(@christine)

@floryeo Yes! Those lasted several months but luckily went away. It's mostly just the buzzing/tingling that continues but definitely less than it was

ReplyQuote
(@helenn)

@kellie-bonannellagmail-com 

I wish you good luck and I hope all goes well. Let us know x

ReplyQuote
(@helenn)

@christine 

It seems to have left my arms too (i hope for good)! 🙂

It all started in my leg so that's where it will stay longest I think. 

I just sat funny and had a minute of pins and needles. Oh my! These were NOT the same pins and needles the jab gave me. Now I can say that what the jab gave me were ice picks growing in my legs. I'm glad those are gone.

Christine and Christine reacted
ReplyQuote
(@fred-p)

Hello everybody,

French 33 y/o male here. 

I was very interested in this topic since I've been experiencing the same kind of symptoms since my second Pfizer jab, and it has all come back with the booster.

I made my first jab in may of 2021, and second one on end of june.

After 10 days, I started having tingling and numbness in both arms and both legs, and it was very scary. It was not going away.

I went to see my physician who sent me to a neurologist and do an MRI because she suspected sclerosis but it all came back normal, blood test and imagery.

The neurologist said this was "probably" due to the vaccine and was going to resorb in a few days or weeks.

It still lasted a few weeks after that but diminished and almost disappeared 3 months after the second jab.

This winter I didn't feel well. Usually I never fall ill but I had gastroenteritis for 10 days (!), severe throat pain for 35 days, I caught covid in september (Delta, flu-like symptoms, nothing too bad), and I have since then apthous ulcers on the tongue that have been very painful. And last but not least I just caught a severe flu for a week, despite being....vaccinated against it !

I usually have NOTHING of all this.

I did my booster jab 4 days ago and it all started back. The tingling is atrocious and all my memories are also coming back.

I really hope this won't last but now I am really sure it is a side effect of the vaccine, which the doctors don't want to hear.

I hope you all stay strong and I will give news here and read yours with attention !

Fred

ReplyQuote
M
 M
(@windsor)

@j makes 3 of us then. I'm at the 7 month mark too. Hopefully, maybe those truckers will help. Doubt it but fingers crossed 

I understand 💯, I'm sooo scared of the booster. There is stress leave but then if you get worse there is just medical leave and EI after post-vax. Really hope the booster doesn't become a required thing. 

ReplyQuote
(@mugwump)

@sarahhh13 Have you checked your vaccine's lot number against the database to see how many adverse reactions are associated with it? Some lots appear to be far worse than others.  When I went in for mine, the first thing I did was check the lot number against the database.  There were only 2 adverse reactions listed at the time.  Guess I'm number 3?

howbadismybatch.com

ReplyQuote
(@mugwump)

Posted by: @windsor

@j makes 3 of us then. I'm at the 7 month mark too. Hopefully, maybe those truckers will help. Doubt it but fingers crossed 

I understand 💯, I'm sooo scared of the booster. There is stress leave but then if you get worse there is just medical leave and EI after post-vax. Really hope the booster doesn't become a required thing. 

The numbers for the convoy keep growing.  Trudeau has gone into hiding and is claiming he needs to self isolate after being in contact with someone who is COVID positive.  Guess those rapid tests are just for the peasants....  I see a number of MPs from the Conservative Party are breaking ranks with O'Toole and are now voicing support for the truckers.  Like you, I'm doubtful but I hope that they're able to bring about some positive change.  Other countries are loosening up restrictions, maybe we'll follow suit.

ReplyQuote
(@floryeo)
Very Active Member

Posted by: @christine

@floryeo Yes! Those lasted several months but luckily went away. It's mostly just the buzzing/tingling that continues but definitely less than it was

Can u describe to me the headache you experience? Is it nerve pain or head pain?

I have burning pain in the head, is like nerve pain, very weird kind of pain for 5 mths now.

ReplyQuote
Page 105 / 167