Tingling/Numbness In Body

2,496 Posts
454 Users
2675 Likes
274.8 K Views
 DrFa
(@drfa)

Posted by: @drfa

@r30953 I was looking to see if there is anyone else who continues to have symptoms months after the vaccine. My last dose of vaccine (dose 2 of Pfizer) was in October 2021. I had symptoms after the first dose as well which was 6 months before. My symptoms included string tingling, itchiness, prickling sensation in my hands, feet, legs, buttocks, back, neck (the skin), face, tip of my tongue, inside my neck (scary), inside my nose (like I hit my nose against something). At that time I had a nerve test (very painful and expensive -2500$, which didn't show anything. The doctor at that time told me that they had several patients who came to them with similar symptoms after the first dose of Pfizer). The symptoms after the first vaccine faded away after about 6 months and that is when I had to take the second dose (I had to or lose my job). One month after the second dose it started all over again, but with a higher intensity. For the first few months it was almost on a constant basis. After 5-6 months the symptoms faded away, but I have flares (sometimes quite strong) every month that last between one and several days. It is now December 2022, and I still have these flares and they are as scary as at the beginning. I have a friend who is suffering from Guillain-Barre and receives treatment for the past several years (hers is not from the vaccine, it just appeared out of nowhere; despite this she received the vaccine Pfizer all doses and didn't have any additional symptoms after that). I am honestly quite tired and worried that these symptoms don't go away. I know that tingling means that the nerves are being damaged (they are basically dying). The only thing I hope is that the vaccine producers will finally accept that it is from their vaccine and find a way to cure this........

Hi everyone and thank you for sharing your stories. I believe it is very important to keep updating ourselves, as the doctors are not able to give us any response. So, my flareup from December lasted for about one week or so and then vanished. Then I had problems with my heart (palpitations and quite strong extrasystoles). My doctor ordered all the possible tests for my heart, waiting for results.

Than nothing until today. Again tingling, pins and needles in my feet, then hands, then face and scalp, then it goes into my lips, tongue and throat (the scariest part). And I already know that this will go in waves: feet, hands, face, scalp, lips, tongue, throat. And then probably the heart again. To help my palpitations, I started taking Magnesium. I read that it helps in any case, even if you have enough magnesium in your body. So I take it. I also had a blood test done in January and have anemia (17 ferritin). So, taking Ferramax. I was anemic pre pandemics as well, so don't think it is the vaccine. 

I read a previous post about herpes. This led me back to 2016 when I had varicella for the first time in my life. Doctors could not believe it. My sister also had it. After the varicella I had allergies to I have no idea what for about one year. It was mostly on my face with hives appearing out of nowhere. My sister had asthma for one year. Then our symptoms disappeared. I noticed that after the vaccine, my symptoms of unexplained hives on the face came back. I just have a few hives, super itchy, popping out on my face in random places, lasting for 20-30 minutes and going away. At the beginning I was taking Reactine, but now I am not doing this anymore as they go away on their own. This made me think about somebody mentioning the herpes zoster without the rash here on the forum. Will ask my doctor about that. Thanks for the idea.

My sister had two vaccines and one booster. During the two years of pandemic she développed cancer in her nose and was operated in December last year. It was a nightmare for her, as she couldn't get an appointment for surgery for more than a year. Her tumor was already growing out of her nose. She also had tingling, pins and needles on her face only, but they were most strong a few months after the vaccine. They are still coming and going, but are not bothering her almost at all. 

On the funny side, I have to explain myself when I am having flare-ups why I am scratching my face and head all the time. I am even jumping slightly as I feel the needles in my face before scratching. I am sure some of you may know the sensation. I usually find a funny story to explain this and make everyone laugh. 

Thank you for those of you who are being optimistic and encouraging the other ones! It helps a lot!

ReplyQuote
(@werematt)

14 months after m booster. My life is hell, i have numbness, burning, pain in all the nerves expecially in my back. Sand in eyes and in mouth. Fascicolations that keep getting more and more all over my body. My life is destroyed , can't drive,can't work, barley walk and use a computer.  I had nothing before. 

ReplyQuote
(@r30953)

@werematt so sorry to hear you are suffering. I for one am definitely thinking about you as I bet are others who see this.

ReplyQuote
(@r30953)

@regretvax Are you still having success with this? I am thinking about trying it. I definitely think my symptoms are inflammatory.

ReplyQuote
(@regretvax)
Very Active Member

@r30953 

Yes, still taking Glucosamine with Chondroitin Turmeric MSM Helps Inflammatory Response, Brand: Vimerson Health.Amazon is the cheapest. Now only needing to take two a day. When you take these, you will feel a sense of relief and normal, again. 

Shemar reacted
ReplyQuote
(@regretvax)
Very Active Member

@werematt 

I’m sorry to hear that. I know Glucosamine with Chondroitin Turmeric MSM Helps Inflammatory Response, Brand: Vimerson Health, helps with numbness and tingling. 
They sell it on Amazon and is the cheapest. Read the reviews, it’s amazing.

Best of luck! Take care

ReplyQuote
(@r30953)

@regretvax that’s great news. Very happy for you.

ReplyQuote
 TC
(@twitch)
Very Active Member

How are you now? 

ReplyQuote
 TC
(@twitch)
Very Active Member

@rockiesfan how are you now?

ReplyQuote
 TC
(@twitch)
Very Active Member

@mandysi1 how are you now.

ReplyQuote
 TC
(@twitch)
Very Active Member

How are you now? 

ReplyQuote
 TC
(@twitch)
Very Active Member

@mickie how are you now? I had the same reaction as you did (to the Moderna). It’s been since 9/2021 since I had mine.

ReplyQuote
(@montydes)

I'm still getting flare ups 18 months later - everyone keeps telling me it's anxiety.. It has got better though.. around 70% good days which I keep telling myself when I have another flare up, it always goes away or changes position..

ReplyQuote
(@chesca17)

Posted by: @montydes

I'm still getting flare ups 18 months later - everyone keeps telling me it's anxiety.. It has got better though.. around 70% good days which I keep telling myself when I have another flare up, it always goes away or changes position..

@montydes, I’m also having on and off burning nerve pain and pins and needles since the relapse came back in mid September. Been 8 weeks now since my MRIs, my results should be here by now but nhs has a big backlog so having to chase it up. I just want them to tell me the next steps whether I’ll see an immunologist or rheumatologist etc. Has anyone had anything come back from these appointments? Last night I was reading about small fiber neuropathy and I do have some of the symptoms and patterns of pain so I’m wondering if it is that. I doubt my dr will send me for a skin biopsy though. Anyone been diagnosed with SFN and found any resolution to the nerve pain? 
@montydes it’s been 14 months now since my booster that caused all of this, really holding onto hope that this will go away in time. I’m also having bad days and then better days and it’s a constant pattern for months on end now 

ReplyQuote
(@cdmerc)

Does anyone know if these symptoms can start appearing many months after a vaccine dose? I had a booster Pfizer shot in December of 2021. Tinnitus started at the end of July of 2022, and then nerve tingling and pain throughout my body in September of 2022. Like with many other cases, doctors are reluctant to treat me, and just tell me it's anxiety (I'm positive it isn't). It seems like it's usually within a few weeks that these symptoms appear, so I'm curious if it took 8+ months for anyone else like it appears it may have for me.

ReplyQuote
Page 163 / 167